Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

If financing is required, maybe he could refinance after in order to remove him.

Also, even though they buy it together, it may only need to be financed by one person.
I’m planning to pay cash to make this whole process easier and more streamilined for the seller. I have a feeling if it gets too complicated they will walk and just let the dealer have it.
Sponsored

Funkdoobiest

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Basesquanch First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I’m planning to pay cash to make this whole process easier and more streamilined for the seller. I have a feeling if it gets too complicated they will walk and just let the dealer have it.
Wasn't sure the relationship. The simplest thing is he buys it and sells it to you, which is still good, I was just trying to figure how to make it a one owner and get the title to you quickest.

BSheppard

Badlands
First Name
Ballard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor, GT350, 991, Rubicon, Viper, Nissan Z32
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
When he buys it, can you buy it and title it together, then remove him after? I'd go for it. VB and Roost is a great combo.
07176CBE-F8F5-486C-B2A8-D308D0FF3D06.jpeg

My VB stable mate. It’s just a great color. I did not want the two to match so went Race Red but I’m convinced that VB is the best color.

Edit to add: I quoted the wrong person. Sorry!

Last edited:

Gtrekker

Wildtrak
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor, Audi, M1102 Overland Trailer 2-B
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Here's a thought.... your sales tax that you will have to pay is based on the invoice when you buy it. So, if the seller gets cash (no trail) your reciept / invoice $$$$ are less it may save you a few. IMO.....

Any IRS folks out there, my account has been hacked!

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I sold my 2020 Raptor after 6 weeks of ownership and 1100 miles due to a job change and cross country move. I had a loan for $47K on a truck I paid $72K for out the door. The best way to do the transaction was to pay off my loan and get a clean title for the transfer. I sold the truck with a few mods for $73K, the guy and I met at the bank and he gave me a Crown Royal bag with $73K in $100 bills. I deposited the money and then transferred the title electronically. No sales tax on private party deals in AZ.

In my mind the best way to do this transaction would be to write a contract for the sale, then put up the cash for the reservation op holder to pay cash for the truck. He doesn’t have to pull together funds or get a loan to complete the transaction. In thinking about this further there may be tax implications or other issues, so I retract this statement.

VB is a great color. Part of me wishes I’d kept it, but selling it was the responsible call at the time. I sold 5 cars and my trailer and moved 2900 miles for a new career in a 6 week period in September/October 2020. We kept the house until April 2021 and sold at a market peak.
Ford Bronco Do I Buy This Bronco? 5E3ED400-6834-43A6-AB4C-C4A550EEEF8B

Ford Bronco Do I Buy This Bronco? 5785433B-B682-4F17-B1D1-CA694442F143

Ford Bronco Do I Buy This Bronco? 1F39501A-A83B-4783-8821-371A514C46FA

Last edited:

Sponsored

rtazz17

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I have the opportunity to buy a Bronco from a reservation holder who no longer wants it. The Bronco was In Production 6/30, Built 7/11, and now currently Awaiting Shipment. It has a blend date of 6/29/22. It should arrive to the dealer in August. The Bronco is my exact build that I ordered, except Velocity Blue exterior instead of Cactus Gray, and Roast leather interior instead of Navy Pier leather. Velocity Blue is my 2nd color choice anyway. I really didn't like the Roast interior at first, but it is starting to grow on me and the blue accents and stitching with the Roast just complement Velocity Blue so well. Here is the build I'm now contemplating on buying:

Outer Banks - 4 Door - Velocity Blue - Sasquatch - 2.7L - MIC Hardtop - Heavy Duty Mod Bumper - Tow - High Package - Roast Leather - Aux Switches - Wireless Keypad (see image for build render.....it has all the deadly sins)

My specific order was recently placed in February, so I've only been waiting 5 months. I'll likely be waiting at least another year based on how many orders my dealer has (500+ orders with 180 annual allocations). It's a large dealer large allocation scenario. If I buy this Bronco, I will still keep my current order to either sell or keep and then sell the Velocity Blue. In either scenario, I feel like it's a win-win. I will be paying the reservation holder that is backing out $5,000 as part of this deal since they could just walk away from the dealer and let them sell it for $20k ADM. But I don't have price protection, so the cost will only go up anyway for me since I'm going to get pushed to a '23 or '24.....so why not just pay the $5,000 premium now and be done.

What do you all think? I feel like I should do it. If I do go through with it, has anyone done a similar process and how do you recommend I go about it? I don't think I can convert the order in my name, so I'm thinking the current reservation holder will have to buy it at the dealer, and I was planning on just doing a cash sale to them immediately afterwards. Not sure how getting all the paperwork and title transferred over that quickly would work. Thoughts?

Thank You

You better hope that reservation owner doesnt find out how much he could actually get over msrp. Move quick is my advice

Havoc1

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 F250, 20 Accord Sport, 21 HD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I sold the truck with a few mods for $73K, the guy and I met at the bank and he gave me a Crown Royal bag with $73K in $100 bills.
Every cop reading this is thinking...
"That was definitely drug money.... yup"

F OR D

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD Green Machine
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I sold my 2020 Raptor after 6 weeks of ownership and 1100 miles due to a job change and cross country move. I had a loan for $47K on a truck I paid $72K for out the door. The best way to do the transaction was to pay off my loan and get a clean title for the transfer. I sold the truck with a few mods for $73K, the guy and I met at the bank and he gave me a Crown Royal bag with $73K in $100 bills. I deposited the money and then transferred the title electronically. No sales tax on private party deals in AZ.

In my mind the best way to do this transaction would be to write a contract for the sale, then put up the cash for the reservation op holder to pay cash for the truck. He doesn’t have to pull together funds or get a loan to complete the transaction.

VB is a great color. Part of me wishes I’d kept it, but selling it was the responsible call at the time. I sold 5 cars and my trailer and moved 2900 miles for a new career in a 6 week period in September/October 2020. We kept the house until April 2021 and sold at a market peak.

Crown Royal bag with $73K in $100 bills

Arizona

Checks out

OP
OP
Dadsquatch

Dadsquatch

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

In my mind the best way to do this transaction would be to write a contract for the sale, then put up the cash for the reservation op holder to pay cash for the truck. He doesn’t have to pull together funds or get a loan to complete the transaction.
Great idea. This makes sense. For some reason I was thinking of paying the seller after they purchased it, but your method makes it even easier for the seller. Thanks for the tip. Is the sales contract something I can just Google or possibly even find on the DMV website?
You better hope that reservation owner doesnt find out how much he could actually get over msrp. Move quick is my advice
They know. They are just trying to help out a Bronco fan like me and don’t want Ford/dealer to make out on the deal.

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Every cop reading this is thinking...
"That was definitely drug money.... yup"
Crown Royal bag with $73K in $100 bills

Arizona

Checks out
I was certainly suspicious, but I checked the guy out as best as I could. He owned a software company and a couple LLC’s. I’m guessing one of his businesses was cash based and he was hiding money from Uncle Sam. He showed up in a newer corvette with his college age son. The son told me the Raptor was for him. I did make a point of having his son hand the money to the teller for the deposit just in case the machine showed anything counterfeit or otherwise screwy. No issues.

I paid $28K in cash for my boat in spring 2021, I did forget the Crown Royal bag and just used an envelope. In MA I still had to pay sales tax for the amount listed on the bill of sale when I went to register the boat and trailer.

Sponsored

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is the market really that hot that the guy can make back the 8-9% Phoenix area sales tax, $500 dealer doc fee, any dealer add ons they force, etc, and still turn a profit? I put my Bronco up for sale with 40 miles for about a month in January 2022 and couldn’t find a deal to net more than $5K over my actual costs.

MSRP $58,515
Phoenix sales tax 8.3% $4857
Dealer add ons, usually a $2000 package at a Phoenix dealer
Dealer doc fee (non negotiable in AZ) usually $500
Title and license fees (the non refundable part) probably $250
Total OTD price of $66,122, $64,122 if you can get it without add ons (rare in Phoenix)

The OP here is willing to pay $5K over the other guy’s real costs, so $71,122. Even without the standard dealer adds it’s $69,122. I don’t see this truck being worth much more than that. My local dealer charges $15K ADM on abandoned orders, they have had a couple decent Broncos sitting there for a month.

Great idea. This makes sense. For some reason I was thinking of paying the seller after they purchased it, but your method makes it even easier for the seller. Thanks for the tip. Is the sales contract something I can just Google or possibly even find on the DMV website?

They know. They are just trying to help out a Bronco fan like me and don’t want Ford/dealer to make out on the deal.
Here is a link to the official AZ Bill Of Sale you will need to use later.
https://apps.azdot.gov/files/mvd/mvd-forms-lib/48-2004.pdf

Thinking about my idea some more, it has some holes. There could be tax implications for Jim receiving the money on the front end rather than buying a vehicle after he has purchased it. I’m also not sure if there are any fraud concerns about straw purchasing a vehicle for someone else. The cleanest way is if he can pay cash then you buy it from him. If he doesn’t have the means and gets a loan then you have to deal with the lein release at the time of sale.

Unfortunately if the dealership gets a whisper of what you are doing they would likely just refuse to sell it to him and mark it up with a big ADM for themselves.

Ford Bronco Do I Buy This Bronco? F0A3CD54-387D-474D-B2E0-B99B115A445A

Ford Bronco Do I Buy This Bronco? 2B5BB693-97FE-4BCD-9BAE-1239F45A9359

OP
OP
Dadsquatch

Dadsquatch

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Is the market really that hot that the guy can make back the 8-9% Phoenix area sales tax, $500 dealer doc fee, any dealer add ons they force, etc, and still turn a profit? I put my Bronco up for sale with 40 miles for about a month in January 2022 and couldn’t find a deal to net more than $5K over my actual costs.

MSRP $58,515
Phoenix sales tax 8.3% $4857
Dealer add ons, usually a $2000 package at a Phoenix dealer
Dealer doc fee (non negotiable in AZ) usually $500
Title and license fees (the non refundable part) probably $250
Total OTD price of $66,122, $64,122 if you can get it without add ons (rare in Phoenix)

The OP here is willing to pay $5K over the other guy’s real costs, so $71,122. Even without the standard dealer adds it’s $69,122. I don’t see this truck being worth much more than that. My local dealer charges $15K ADM on abandoned orders, they have had a couple decent Broncos sitting there for a month.

Here is a link to the official AZ Bill Of Sale you will need to use later.
https://apps.azdot.gov/files/mvd/mvd-forms-lib/48-2004.pdf

Thinking about my idea some more, it has some holes. There could be tax implications for Jim receiving the money on the front end rather than buying a vehicle after he has purchased it. I’m also not sure if there are any fraud concerns about straw purchasing a vehicle for someone else. The cleanest way is if he can pay cash then you buy it from him. If he doesn’t have the means and gets a loan then you have to deal with the lein release at the time of sale.

Unfortunately if the dealership gets a whisper of what you are doing they would likely just refuse to sell it to him and mark it up with a big ADM for themselves.

Thanks for all your help and insight. It is a bit complicated of a transaction, but still hopeful I can get it all to work out. I have the order holder currently getting the OTD price in writing, which is supposed to be MSRP per previous commitments. I’m meeting with the order holder next week to sit down and go through the details of our approach so it’s as smooth as possible. I’ll report back where we stand. Thanks!

Havoc1

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 F250, 20 Accord Sport, 21 HD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You do know you can refuse add-ons right?

If they try and say it's mandatory, ask for the paperwork and look for "optional" or some variation of that.

Carmax, carvana, etc.
I plugged my Black Diamond info in just to see what the market was looking like.

My OTD was a little over $45k
Offers were between $63k-$67k with 1,100 miles

brentutk

Wildtrak
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Eruption Green Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Do NOT let the dealer hear anything about this deal. Many dealers would pull the plug and sell it on their own with adm. But if you're confident it will work out, absolutely go thru with it. I did something similar while waiting for my order and came out way ahead in the end.

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You do know you can refuse add-ons right?

If they try and say it's mandatory, ask for the paperwork and look for "optional" or some variation of that.

Carmax, carvana, etc.
I plugged my Black Diamond info in just to see what the market was looking like.

My OTD was a little over $45k
Offers were between $63k-$67k with 1,100 miles
You can try to refuse the add ons all you want, but dealers like San Tan/Camelback/Peori/Surprise Ford will tell you to pound sand and sell the truck to someone else for ADM money. Sanderson is probably the only ford dealer in Phx that would do a zero add on MSRP special order.

Mine was $50,500 out the door, today’s offers with 475 miles on it. Maybe the manual transmission submarines the value, but I wouldn’t own a Bronco any other way.
Ford Bronco Do I Buy This Bronco? EB37653A-5ADB-4121-8C19-9B5AD2F4D26C
Ford Bronco Do I Buy This Bronco? 10B654BD-86B5-4C18-852A-9979B93BEA38
Sponsored