Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Seems we used to get inside info on what the current constraints were and now it’s just whole categories like “Wildtrak” or “Sasquatch” or “Lux.”

Anyone have inside info on what specific items are constrained? Trying to decide if I roll the dice and add tow back in for my 23 rollover.
Sponsored

wanna1

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford F150 Platinum 4x4 2022 Mach E
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Seems we used to get inside info on what the current constraints were and now it’s just whole categories like “Wildtrak” or “Sasquatch” or “Lux.”

Anyone have inside info on what specific items are constrained? Trying to decide if I roll the dice and add tow back in for my 23 rollover.
After moving from '21, to '22, and now '23, I'm putting it all back on - BL w SAS, LUX, MIC, TOW, 2.7. Ford built a lot of them equipped that way but not mine (even when I removed some "constraints").

Scape Goat

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Nissan Frontier SV 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Throw the tow back on. It make take longer, but I would like to believe that orders have to be catching up somewhat. I think '23 will be a year that we see supply meet demand. That is just what I choose to believe as I want to be an optimist.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
2-door
Hard top
Tow
Badlands suspension
Sasquatch wheels.

lil_mule_4x4

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Murano
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For What Its Worth - Today, my dealer said (yes, I just took a drink) that towing was the only restraint that he was aware of for the MY'23 change over.

Sponsored

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
For What Its Worth - Today, my dealer said (yes, I just took a drink) that towing was the only restraint that he was aware of for the MY'23 change over.
Ford never bought additional tooling to make the MIC top. MIC top will remain constrained until MOD top is generally available.

So 20% of the builds are going to be soft tops for dealers.

Because bean counters.

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I added tow and hard top back onto my BB Sasquatch build. My order is with Chapman and I already know it’s going to be a while. I’m good with waiting because my other order, a Black Diamond soft top, just arrived at the dealer the other day.

CMillBronco

Base
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GMC HD 3500 AT4, 2022 Toyota Tacoma TRD
Your Bronco Model
Base
My Dealer Said MOD bumper too.

Newdoc

Wildtrak
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have been contemplating dropping Lux to High in case the chips are still a problem and there a few features on Lux I don't care to have. But I don't want to rock the boat on price protection until it becomes clear what we can and cannot change and keep PP.

Sponsored

Luckylat

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Expedition, 2013 VW Wagon, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My dealer shared the same news. That when he submitted my order for MY2023, a note popped up from Ford in the order system that the trailer tow option is going to be a late availability option. I asked him to keep it in and I pray it wont be a late 2023 build.

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was told that it would be a good idea to remove the tow package. I have an aftermarket hitch installed on my current obx, so I will just do that again.

TXHillCountry

Badlands
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Expedition Max, 2013 Ford Flex
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
At my dealership they are automatically removing the tow option from all orders they convert from 2022 to 2023. If you absolutely want tow they would let you reorder with it, but said they believe it would dramatically increase the time you're waiting.

In the past they encouraged people to drop hard tops, lux package and other options, but they didn't have the same concerns right now.

sm_cc_03

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2 Door Badlands, 2023 Ioniq 5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have been contemplating dropping Lux to High in case the chips are still a problem and there a few features on Lux I don't care to have. But I don't want to rock the boat on price protection until it becomes clear what we can and cannot change and keep PP.
I dropped from Lux to High for this reason and also b/c the price difference doesn't seem worth it given everyone says the B&O system is mediocre and I'll probably upgrade the system anyway. I'm very unlikely to get my 10/1/20 Grangetober res built before price protection goes away in 2024 and it's definitely not getting built with Lux so I wasn't as concerned with what we can/cannot change to keep PP. But hopefully Ford lets people make changes. Fingers crossed.

Wickedbronco

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I added mod top back on but left tow off, per dealers instruction. They are still producing more soft tops than hard but it isn’t as back as previously.
Sponsored