Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E90 M3 6spd Sedan; EG Base Scheduled 3/27
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Are there any actions that you recommend taking before delivery of a bronco? Financing being the obvious one, but things like contacting the dealer so they don't add any BS add-ons (paint/interior protection is a common one I see on some cars). I'm thinking I ask them to leave the plastic protectants on so I can peel them myself.
Sponsored

Realtor

Wildtrak
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, GT350
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

IMHO, Let the dealer do the prep and peel. I trust them to do their prep. They do it every day. Decline add on items that you don't want. Sometimes, there's an add on that you will like.

WheresMyBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Asking them to not do the prep and prep is the right call. Ask them not to wash it too while you're at it as there's a 99% chance they'll introduce swirl marks onto your paint.

My dealership left my car alone entirely when it came in and the paint was perfect (without any swirls). It also made ceramic coating it a million times easier as it didn't need a full paint correction.

If you can, try asking if you can get it without the front license plate bracket screwed on as well.

OP
OP
ThisGuy611

ThisGuy611

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Asking them to not do the prep and prep is the right call. Ask them not to wash it too while you're at it as there's a 99% chance they'll introduce swirl marks onto your paint.

My dealership left my car alone entirely when it came in and the paint was perfect (without any swirls). It also made ceramic coating it a million times easier as it didn't need a full paint correction.

If you can, try asking if you can get it without the front license plate bracket screwed on as well.
Two replies and two different opinions on the dealer doing the prep haha. I completely agree with not letting them wash it, especially since I want a ceramic coating done asap.

Florida has no front plates so they shouldn't mess with that luckily, but I'll make sure. Thanks

Sponsored
OP
OP
ThisGuy611

ThisGuy611

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

IMHO, Let the dealer do the prep and peel. I trust them to do their prep. They do it every day. Decline add on items that you don't want. Sometimes, there's an add on that you will like.
I feel like since they do it so much they're not taking as much care as the owner would. What do dealers do besides peeling stickers and washing it? My dealer has a drive-through wash with brushes, no way I'm letting that touch brand new paint.

OP
OP
ThisGuy611

ThisGuy611

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Make sure you lock down your price protections. Get your coupons #s and know what you’re entitled to.
Thanks for the advice. I feel like this is going to be the biggest question mark with the way PP is being handled. My original base order has a price of $29,300 when I ordered, but $32,295 on 2023 rollover. That's a 10% swing I'd rather put towards wheels and ceramic.

I only have an order sheet signed with MSRP, but nothing guarantying they honor it besides their word unfortunately (and I saw a post from another member who bought from them with no ADM). What to you mean by coupon #'s?

Cat

Wildtrak
First Name
Cat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MB500SL, HD Road King Custom
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

OP
OP
ThisGuy611

ThisGuy611

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

AK007

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Awaiting my Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I pray that they don't screw in the front license plate bracket in. I told my sales person at least 5 times but I'm pretty sure they're going to do it anyway out of automation of the process. I do not want holes in my car. Is there a certain dept I can speak to so I make sure the message gets across along with not washing the car or removing any wrapping?

Sponsored

rtazz17

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I pray that they don't screw in the front license plate bracket in. I told my sales person at least 5 times but I'm pretty sure they're going to do it anyway out of automation of the process. I do not want holes in my car. Is there a certain dept I can speak to so I make sure the message gets across along with not washing the car or removing any wrapping?
Camping out in dealer parking lot is only way.

WheresMyBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Two replies and two different opinions on the dealer doing the prep haha. I completely agree with not letting them wash it, especially since I want a ceramic coating done asap.

Florida has no front plates so they shouldn't mess with that luckily, but I'll make sure. Thanks
The only downside to not letting your dealer touch your car is that you might need to take off a few extra stickers or markings that came on the windows, but it only takes a few minutes of your time to do so and it definitely prevents them from accidentally scratching your car or adding swirl marks and stuff like that.

Also there's a good chance that they would use some type of wax or sealant during the washing process which won't let a ceramic coat stick as well unless you polish it off, so that's another thing to consider. I have no regrets telling the dealer to not touch my Bronco and I definitely recommend that to everybody else.

Dral97

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Wrangler YJ and 392, BMW 4 series
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
This is extremely useful: Owners Checklist for Delivery (OCD)

OCD Link: https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...cd-version-for-expectant-bronco-owners.29870/
That is excellent. I didn't see it on there, but I would add pop open the fuse box and make sure all the fuses are seated properly.

I got mine with 8k miles on the ticker and 3 or 4 weren't seated properly.

Granted it's a different make, but I just got a wrangler and 12 weren't seated properly (known issue on new wranglers).

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
They will need to do the mechanical PDI ... BUT I never let them clean my vehicles (i.e. peel anything off). Yes they do this all day and when you do something all day and the same thing everyday, you just don't care.

They scratch my GEN1 Raptor rear window when they tried to scrape off a sticker.

PRO TIP 1 >> they have to fill your tank so ask for Super Unleaded. Remember, you already paid for it.

PRO TIP 2 >> bring a tire pressure gauge and check your pressures before you drive off the lot as the pressure will be very high.

Last edited:

helifino16

Wildtrak
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Challenger, 2007 FLHTC "Classic"
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I included a comment to NOT do this with every communication to the dealership. I even printed out a BIG SIGN for my Salesman to tape to the car when it arrived. I've heard that they don't install it on any Bronco anymore because so many people complained.

Ford Bronco Pre-Delivery actions to take? 1674154566337

I also begged them not to molest the Window Sticker, but it was folded and torn when I picked it up. So not a complete win. Good luck!
Sponsored