Sponsored

NJ/NY/Delaware/Eastern Pa./MD/Ct Volume Buyers?

How likely are you to Order/Buy when the order banks open in December?

• Total voters

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So no local dealers have confirmed they will do at or below invoice?

It shouldn’t be too hard. A simple Yes or No so we can move on. Buying cars remains one of the worst buying experiences one can have.
Sponsored

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It shouldn’t be too hard. A simple Yes or No so we can move on. Buying cars remains one of the worst buying experiences one can have.
It sure is and dealers wonder why people go to places like carvana so that they don't have to deal with the horrible experience of buying a car. Hopefully we can find someone on here that will make it a better experience.

jaylk33

Black Diamond
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 outback
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yeah they (John Kennedy) aren't sounding all that positive at the moment.

But we do have a few that are picking up. Stay tuned.
they aren’t responding because there’s nothing to respond to. I spoke to them a few times. They are being smart and waiting for more info from Ford regarding pricing.

BravoV4

Outer Banks
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Honda Accord and a 2018 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
We look forward to hearing back from you @BravoV4.

Doing a quick google search (and not seeing it noted in this thread), am I to assume that you work at Ray Price Ford in Stroudsburg? Just so I can add it to our list in 1st post.

@EvlNvrDys Yes, Ray Price Ford and Lincoln in Stroudsburg.

And some of you guys have got to remember, Ford is keeping a lot of details close to the vest. We literally know as much as you guys because of how quickly information gets out from certain sources and what not. It's one of my main reasons I came to this forum. I'm literally getting more info from here than I am from anything Ford provides me with through their various links and sources that they provide sales people with. So please be patient with some of the dealerships you've spoken to, they probably want to be sure of certain details before they do something.

ekim

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ, Ford Excursion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Exactly. If a dealer cannot simply say yes or no, or give some simple understandable counter-offer then they are likely not going to be good to deal with in general. I've found that whenever someone complicates/delays what should be a simple process the reason is most often because they are trying to confuse me into accepting some poor deal. I would also say that a willingness to speak openly about how they will proceed is a sign of integrity.

If a dealer comes right out and says - MSRP, no additional markup, no forced dealer add ons (etching, paint protection, etc.) then I would say they are are least being honest and have integrity. I may not like their offer, but they are honest and any honest dealer should get some kudos.

If one won't provide any info, or is trying to lead people on for weeks while they "look into it", then I would question their integrity. This is especially true if someone already has a reservation with them. All they need to do is lead you on until the end of October and then you're locked in. I think this type of behavior should be punished, and think it would be an interesting message if such a dealer lost all their reservations.

Sponsored

Rubisquatch

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I’m outside of Pittsburgh and my reservation is at Washington Ford in Washington, Pa. spoke the sales manager and he basically said after seeing Stephens Auto deal “yeah, go ahead and switch your reservation, we’re not going to do that”. Wish I knew who else had a reservation there to let them know they’re basically gonna pay more and have ADMs.

so, hopefully we find a dealer willing to work if not I’ll be going to Stephens in WV, which s only 3 hours away.

OP
OP

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I was going to quite a few of the posts above me but then realized I'd have to quote them all. So let me just try and respond.

@BravoV4 I get that dealers don't have as much info as WE have over here. But at the same time, quite a few I spoke to more or less blew me off. Like we have reservations so you do what you want.

And to everyone else, I agree. There is no reason that a dealer can say "Look, give us a shot, we'll try to work out some incentive in the next week or 2.

We already 'know' what dealer invoice is (if the leak is accurate). They can certainly base something off those numbers.. even if it were small like "We'll offer you $250 below invoice... or $500 below invoice... or we'll give you $500 accessory credit. Something.... Anything. Instead of just saying "Yeah we're waiting on Ford pricing". That's just bullshit.

OP
OP

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I’m outside of Pittsburgh and my reservation is at Washington Ford in Washington, Pa. spoke the sales manager and he basically said after seeing Stephens Auto deal “yeah, go ahead and switch your reservation, we’re not going to do that”. Wish I knew who else had a reservation there to let them know they’re basically gonna pay more and have ADMs.

so, hopefully we find a dealer willing to work if not I’ll be going to Stephens in WV, which s only 3 hours away.
I will say this, if it were me, and I was staring at a 3 hour drive to get between $1000-$1300 below invoice? I'd jump all over that. I assume you're talking under 200 miles.

Now for me, it's an 8 hour drive, about 500 miles. And I'd prefer something a bit closer. But it still remains an option. If someone like Bowen's Garage or @Mickeysales or even @BravoV4 come up with something similar/close or enticing enough, I will gladly switch to one of them to save the drive, the added mileage, and added expense of making that trip. Of course catching a Penguins game next year could be fun. Now throw in the fact that I started this thread to inquire about a group buy and somehow ended being the lead on it LOL. So I do feel obligated to try and find the best deal for this group.

OP
OP

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I did forget to give 1 update. Received an email from @Mickeysales this morning (responding to one I sent yesterday). Seems Leo Kaytes Ford remains busy as hell. But he's still trying to have a sit down with the owner. I let him know we have a handful that are promising something soon and he should try to get to it on his end before he loses out.

I get we are all antsy over here, and want this aspect done so we can move on to the next thing. So have a little faith, and beginning next week I'll try to reach out to some more dealers to see who bites.

Sponsored

Dwolen

Base
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I did forget to give 1 update. Received an email from @Mickeysales this morning (responding to one I sent yesterday). Seems Leo Kaytes Ford remains busy as hell. But he's still trying to have a sit down with the owner. I let him know we have a handful that are promising something soon and he should try to get to it on his end before he loses out.

I get we are all antsy over here, and want this aspect done so we can move on to the next thing. So have a little faith, and beginning next week I'll try to reach out to some more dealers to see who bites.
Call me a cynic but I personally am starting to get leery about Leo Kaytes coming through. I get busy but this trying to get a meeting with the owner for a few weeks now is curious. If Leo Kaytes wants the business then how difficult is it to schedule the meeting when you work in the same building?

OP
OP

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Call me a cynic but I personally am starting to get leery about Leo Kaytes coming through. I get busy but this trying to get a meeting with the owner for a few weeks now is curious. If Leo Kaytes wants the business then how difficult is it to schedule the meeting when you work in the same building?
Hey I get it. Hell, I doubt there is anyone in this thread that is more cynical than I am at this point. Over the last month I've contacted well over 20+ dealerships and I've heard it all at this point.

I've recently contacted Friendly Ford up in NY. They respond. A few days go by nothing. I reach out to see what's going on and am told they forwarded my message along to a Manager... Here I am over a week later... and NOTHING.

Then I contact Kindle Ford down in Cape May. Get the generic response, so I send another email stating who we are.... blah blah blah.... any incentives? And they go quiet. A few days later I shoot another email to Bonnie asking if Kindle had no incentives. I get a response from their Internet Sales Manager asking if he can help. I pose the same story and questions to him... Silence yet again.

So yes, now that I've typed 3 paragraphs, I get it. But I've been living it the last month and a half here. So at this point, if someone is willing to respond to me, I give them a little latitude. Not much, but a little. And I keep reaching out to other dealers in the meantime.

Last edited:

niknailor

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Subaru WRX
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I've recently contacted Friendly Ford up in NY. They respond. A few days go by nothing. I reach out to see what's going on and am told they forwarded my message along to a Manager... Here I am over a week later... and NOTHING.
You got more of a response from them and I've sent them two emails and HAVE A RESERVATION AT THEIR DEALERSHIP.

I feel like that's reason alone enough to avoid them, but your addition is just icing on the cake lol

motoarch

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
william
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have my reservation w/ them too and they emailed me right away when I asked questions. Someone named Christian Grasso who is the business development manager is the one that responded to me. This what I was told about fee's and stuf

The only fee’s we have at our dealership would be:

• $390 for our dealer conveyance fee, it is one of the lowest in the state
  • $255 for CT registration (valid for 3 years)
  • $185 for VIN Etch which is optional and can be removed
I'm also reserved here. I've received nothing from them and was hung up on after being left on hold for 10 minutes.

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm also reserved here. I've received nothing from them and was hung up on after being left on hold for 10 minutes.
That sucks. That wasn't my experience at all. When I first got the confirmation from them I just emailed the person who sent it and he answered what he could, but it's not like they are willing to deal though
Sponsored