Sponsored

List of Popular/Necessary Aftermarket Accessories for Bronco?

howardde

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr Basesquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I was hoping to find a running list of where folks had already researched and opined on what they found were needed accessories for their ride and also, the best brand/model for each accessory. I haven't found a central list. Here's what I'm looking for/currently thinking (I have a 2-door Basesquatch on order, delivery in about a month). Please suggest other items you feel are must-haves now that you've lived with them/your Bronco

Cockpit Waterproof Car Cover (for sudden downpours when hardtop off)
Passenger Grab Handle Bar (std in every Bronco but Base)
Bronco Script Emblem
Bronco Windshield Sunscreen
Visor Airbag Warning Blackouts
Fuse Label Diagram
Ford Black Platinum Stainless Door Sill Plates
Stubby Replacement Antenna (any suggestions?)
Mudflaps that work with Sasquatch (no rock rails/steps yet) - any suggestions?
Backseat Covers for the back of the back seat so when you fold them down, the carpet on them doesn't get mess up (can't remember who makes)
Aux Switch Labels
Something to replace the mesh in the door pockets (I know people have various recommendations, but seems like this is a must-do)
Something to hold the hardtop when it's off
Other stuff?

Thanks
Sponsored

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base

Bartact type grab handles above the doors. The above was handy at off rodeo for my wife to use as an emergency break vs hitting the imaginary brake pedal...

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was hoping to find a running list of where folks had already researched and opined on what they found were needed accessories for their ride and also, the best brand/model for each accessory. I haven't found a central list. Here's what I'm looking for/currently thinking (I have a 2-door Basesquatch on order, delivery in about a month). Please suggest other items you feel are must-haves now that you've lived with them/your Bronco

Cockpit Waterproof Car Cover (for sudden downpours when hardtop off)
Bronco Script Emblem
Bronco Windshield Sunscreen
Visor Airbag Warning Blackouts
Fuse Label Diagram
Ford Black Platinum Stainless Door Sill Plates
Stubby Replacement Antenna (any suggestions?)
Mudflaps that work with Sasquatch (no rock rails/steps yet) - any suggestions?
Backseat Covers for the back of the back seat so when you fold them down, the carpet on them doesn't get mess up (can't remember who makes)
Aux Switch Labels
Something to replace the mesh in the door pockets (I know people have various recommendations, but seems like this is a must-do)
Something to hold the hardtop when it's off
Other stuff?

Thanks
Paracord grab handles. I just installed one for the passenger: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0B68MBKNY
Stubby antenna mast. This one is just 2.5". I noticed an already weak station seemed a little weaker. I tried going with a 7.5", but it didn't improve, so if you aren't going to stick with stock, this is probably best: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08R875SBX
Seat back protectors. These aren't super-thick like floor mats, but they do the job and are easy to install and remove: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0BBRSB5WM
Center console upper-tray. Gives a top shelf for easy-to-reach items, adding more capacity or organization to the center console: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09X459JVM
Glove compartment organizer. Seems to keep things in place better while providing easy access to things: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09Z2DN5FB
Hood struts. I don't care for prop rods. They seem to get in the way. These lift the hood nicely: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09V6N46GT
Device rail. You may not find this as convenient without the dash USB ports, but if you want it, search Amazon for Bronco dashboard bracket or similar. The one I got is currently unavailable but was only $40: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0B96BNMNS
Device rail screws. Connects to device rail and provides a 1/4"x20 threaded stud to attach camera mounts, phone mounts, GoPro attachments, etc. 5-pack: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00KQXJ66A

The door sill plates I got from Levittown Ford (best discounted price I could find at the time). Now that you can use your FordPass points, it might be better getting them that way.

Sponsored

greatlakes

Base
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
67 Buick Special
Your Bronco Model
Base
Upgrading the stereo, floor mats and mud flaps.

None of which are as sexy as lights, winches, etc., but I consider them everyday use items.

I really tried to accept the stereo. I made it a whole 3 months before I could not take it any more.

Even less time hearing those Goodyear's throw rocks like a juvenile delinquent.

35tires

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco, '21 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
It seems like something new every time I jump on this site. Stereo is my hot button topic right now.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

These lists are all about personal taste. I haven't had a use for half the stuff mentioned, and I do use a few things that other people don't need. I think you're better off driving it stock for a couple weeks and getting a feel for what you need to change before you load up the cart.

MFP2241

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I think you're better off driving it stock for a couple weeks and getting a feel for what you need to change before you load up the cart.
This is excellent advice.

Before I took delivery, I had a giant list of things I thought I needed. A year after delivery though, the only things I've really added to my BaseSquatch are front mud flaps and a grab handle (aka. oh shit handle) for my wife.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is excellent advice.

Before I took delivery, I had a giant list of things I thought I needed. A year after delivery though, the only things I've really added to my BaseSquatch are front mud flaps and a grab handle (aka. oh shit handle) for my wife.
It's easy to go nuts like a kid in a candy store, but that resulted in boxes of stuff that sits around.

Sponsored

Yukon65006

Badlands
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 Jeep Patriot, 06 BMW F650GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Have had the Bronco for a little over a year and have 2 things on your list. Hardtop hoist and fuse labels, of those the hoist was the only necessity for me. A few of the others listed have been in the amazon shopping cart since before delivery.

The only other necessity for me was steps due to the other half being 4'10", went with rockslide engineering ones.

Like Tricky Dick said drive and see what you really need/want.

Blucifer

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadillac SRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For Aux Switch Labels...look to StickerFab

Other products that I deem necessary;

Suma Side mirrors (40% more visibility etc etc)

XKglow rear halo light for Bronco (its a sequential turn signal and reverse light too)

PRP seat covers (excellent MGV covers, but the rears are a bit of a chore to install)

OP
OP
howardde

howardde

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr Basesquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Thanks all for the advice. A lot of what I've already ordered is cosmetic as I've got an all Black car on order and want to change all the emblems, etc. to be black (I know, I know...).

I will likely order the antenna, grab handle, front mud flaps, backseat back covers and wait on the rest (already have the upgraded rubber mats, roof rails, brush bar coming on the Bronco).

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Depending on how much off-roading you plan on doing, you might want to consider an air compressor, tire deflators, soft shackles and a recovery strap/rope. I can steer you toward some of those items, if interested.

OP
OP
howardde

howardde

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr Basesquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Depending on how much off-roading you plan on doing, you might want to consider an air compressor, tire deflators, soft shackles and a recovery strap/rope. I can steer you toward some of those items, if interested.
Thanks - no off-roading (even though I bought a Sasquatch :/
Sponsored