Sponsored

Trying to be patient but what’s going on?!

TyB

Black Diamond
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Good morning! I am completely new to both is forum and to Bronco’s. After a very very long wait and trouble with ordering, I finally found a 4 door, white, hardtop, Black Diamond through a dealership that had it in transit. I was thrilled! I’ve put a deposit on it and was told it’d be here 6/5-6/17. After a few days of waiting my husband told me I could track it through the Ford tracking system. I was excited to see that it was real! Lol It was ordered, built and said delivered 5/30. It now has been stuck on Shipping since then. It says “In transit” or “shipping to the dealership”. The estimated delivery keeps changing though. It’s changed 4 times! It keeps changing but the “Last updated” date 6/8 remains the same which is weird. As of now it is now showing a delivery date of 6/13-6/26. Should I be concerned? Why is this happening? I tried tracking through the railroad system like others have posted but it said along the lines of my package “not being found”. My Bronco is coming from Michigan to Virginia. 8 hours away. I live in SC and have to drive 4 hours to Virginia to pick it up (when it finally comes). I’m trying so hard to be patient but I thought I’d get some advice from some Bronco experts. Should I be worried about my shipping? What can I do?
Thank you!
Ford Bronco Trying to be patient but what’s going on?! IMG_3654
Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Built to delivery can take 3 months depending. Not saying it will take 3 months, but it can.

And that's for a Bronco that has not been placed on hold for any sort of manufacturer issue.

Basically, when buying a Bronco, there are two realities that you have to come to terms with.

1) Patience and a lot of it. Ford has never met a single deadline it is set since this process started.

2) Bronco tax. Everything will be 2x+ More expensive because it has the word Bronco attached to it.

OP
OP
TyB

TyB

Black Diamond
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Built to delivery can take 3 months depending. Not saying it will take 3 months, but it can.

And that's for a Bronco that has not been placed on hold for any sort of manufacturer issue.

Basically, when buying a Bronco, there are two realities that you have to come to terms with.

1) Patience and a lot of it. Ford has never met a single deadline it is set since this process started.

2) Bronco tax. Everything will be 2x+ More expensive because it has the word Bronco attached to it.
Thank you for your response! I have read and watched so many people say they have waited so long. I know patients is the key. I think I was fine until I saw it was “shipped” and then I got antsy. When it says “Shipped 5/30”. Did it actually get shipped and is in transit? Or could it still be sitting in Michigan? It seems like if it’s been shipped it’s not a Ford issue anymore but just transportation in general, no?

marchergirl

Badlands
First Name
MaryAnn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Good morning! I am completely new to both is forum and to Bronco’s. After a very very long wait and trouble with ordering, I finally found a 4 door, white, hardtop, Black Diamond through a dealership that had it in transit. I was thrilled! I’ve put a deposit on it and was told it’d be here 6/5-6/17. After a few days of waiting my husband told me I could track it through the Ford tracking system. I was excited to see that it was real! Lol It was ordered, built and said delivered 5/30. It now has been stuck on Shipping since then. It says “In transit” or “shipping to the dealership”. The estimated delivery keeps changing though. It’s changed 4 times! It keeps changing but the “Last updated” date 6/8 remains the same which is weird. As of now it is now showing a delivery date of 6/13-6/26. Should I be concerned? Why is this happening? I tried tracking through the railroad system like others have posted but it said along the lines of my package “not being found”. My Bronco is coming from Michigan to Virginia. 8 hours away. I live in SC and have to drive 4 hours to Virginia to pick it up (when it finally comes). I’m trying so hard to be patient but I thought I’d get some advice from some Bronco experts. Should I be worried about my shipping? What can I do?
Thank you!
Ford Bronco Trying to be patient but what’s going on?! IMG_3654

My delivery dates changed about 10 times and I had delays of about 2 months.
One day it actually showed up and all the frustration went away and all the joy was there in full force! Every day will be BRONCO DAY and you will say... that was crazy, but it was worth the wait! =) Best wishes! Hope it comes soon!

Reactions: TyB
OP
OP
TyB

TyB

Black Diamond
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My delivery dates changed about 10 times and I had delays of about 2 months.
One day it actually showed up and all the frustration went away and all the joy was there in full force! Every day will be BRONCO DAY and you will say... that was crazy, but it was worth the wait! =) Best wishes! Hope it comes soon!
Thank you so much for the encouragement! It helps to hear that there isn’t something wrong and that this shipping confusion normal. I kept thinking everyone was having delays in production and not necessarily shipping. Sorry you went through this as well but that you finally got your Bronco! I’m really excited!

Sponsored

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What location on Virginia? My Bronco was delivered by Truck ( convoy) to Maryland ( Annapolis area) and it took a week from built to in my garage.

OP
OP
TyB

TyB

Black Diamond
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
What location on Virginia? My Bronco was delivered by Truck ( convoy) to Maryland ( Annapolis area) and it took a week from built to in my garage.
Wow! A week?! That’s amazing! I wish! Mine is being delivered by rail to the Roanoke area in Virginia.

BBSas

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I had a similar situation with the tracker. It told me my vehicle had been delivered. My Bronco sat in the delivery unload site which is about 5 hours away from my dealer while Ford Corporate told me it was delivered to the dealer. I had a 2 year relationship (wait) with the dealer and the dealership told me the driver unloading lost or misplaced the keys causing them to miss the transport hauler pick up. The dealership gave me the contact info for the hold facility and it still took another 2 weeks or so after confirming the vehicle was there to receive it at the dealership. There is no telling what is true or not true. Hopefully your dealer can get you some accurate information, I wouldn’t trust the tracker in your situation.

OP
OP
TyB

TyB

Black Diamond
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I had a similar situation with the tracker. It told me my vehicle had been delivered. My Bronco sat in the delivery unload site which is about 5 hours away from my dealer while Ford Corporate told me it was delivered to the dealer. I had a 2 year relationship (wait) with the dealer and the dealership told me the driver unloading lost or misplaced the keys causing them to miss the transport hauler pick up. The dealership gave me the contact info for the hold facility and it still took another 2 weeks or so after confirming the vehicle was there to receive it at the dealership. There is no telling what is true or not true. Hopefully your dealer can get you some accurate information, I wouldn’t trust the tracker in your situation.
Goodness! That sounds like a nightmare! Tomorrow I am going to call the dealership and see what they can find out. I was waiting until the date they gave me passed (the 17th) before I really pushed for more information. Hopefully tomorrow they can give me more reliable information. Thank you for your help!

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Thank you for your response! I have read and watched so many people say they have waited so long. I know patients is the key. I think I was fine until I saw it was “shipped” and then I got antsy. When it says “Shipped 5/30”. Did it actually get shipped and is in transit? Or could it still be sitting in Michigan? It seems like if it’s been shipped it’s not a Ford issue anymore but just transportation in general, no?
So unfortunately, if your Bronco is being sent by train, the way it works is the Broncos says that it's been built and shipped... But shipped means it's sitting in a parking lot waiting to be loaded onto the initial train car... Many of us were in that holding state for about a month before we actually got it on a rail car.

And then, just when you think you're good to go, the rail car from the factory simply takes you a few miles to the actual larger rail station where the rail car sits waiting for several days for an actual train to start getting it going.

Once You leave that actual "real" train, That is when things will start happening, and it will most likely be to your destination port within a week or two.

And then the most painful process starts. Your Bronco is sitting at a rail yard holding lot, just miles from your dealer... And it sits... And it sits... And it sits...

Fyi, once It has made the final destination, supposedly dealers can mark them as high priority. But the reality is, you're waiting on a truck driver who hands selects which vehicles he wants to load up.

Lots and lots and lots of patience!

Sponsored
OP
OP
TyB

TyB

Black Diamond
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So unfortunately, if your Bronco is being sent by train, the way it works is the Broncos says that it's been built and shipped... But shipped means it's sitting in a parking lot waiting to be loaded onto the initial train car... Many of us were in that holding state for about a month before we actually got it on a rail car.

And then, just when you think you're good to go, the rail car from the factory simply takes you a few miles to the actual larger rail station where the rail car sits waiting for several days for an actual train to start getting it going.

Once You leave that actual "real" train, That is when things will start happening, and it will most likely be to your destination port within a week or two.

And then the most painful process starts. Your Bronco is sitting at a rail yard holding lot, just miles from your dealer... And it sits... And it sits... And it sits...

Fyi, once It has made the final destination, supposedly dealers can mark them as high priority. But the reality is, you're waiting on a truck driver who hands selects which vehicles he wants to load up.

Lots and lots and lots of patience!
This is great information. I’d rather know this than be in the dark wondering. I’ve read a lot about people’s experiences and watched YouTube videos but this is the first I’ve heard of this situation. I appreciate it! It definitely makes sense why the delivery date would continue to change. Thank you!

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

This is great information. I’d rather know this than be in the dark wondering. I’ve read a lot about people’s experiences and watched YouTube videos but this is the first I’ve heard of this situation. I appreciate it! It definitely makes sense why the delivery date would continue to change. Thank you!

Yeah back in the days (pre-covid), a vehicle could get built and delivered within a reasonable time. But now with train shortages, truck shortages, and frankly a country full of people that just don't seem to want to work anymore....it takes longer.

There have been some people that live close to Michigan whose vehicles did not go by train and actually were delivered by truck to their dealer with in like a week or two.

And there is still a chance that things have improved and you won't experience what we all did. There is a really long thread somewhere about all of the stuff we had to go through waiting.

The good news is is once it's on a train, if you can manage to get the rail car number from ford chat, there is 1 phone number that you can call to access an automated answering system that you can use it see where the rail car is in the country.

It's fun to check, but of the whole process, the actual train movement was the fastest. I think it only took like 10 days to get from The main trail yard in Michigan, to my destination port in Northern Cali. All of the actual big delays are untrackable.

OP
OP
TyB

TyB

Black Diamond
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yeah back in the days (pre-covid), a vehicle could get built and delivered within a reasonable time. But now with train shortages, truck shortages, and frankly a country full of people that just don't seem to want to work anymore....it takes longer.

There have been some people that live close to Michigan whose vehicles did not go by train and actually were delivered by truck to their dealer with in like a week or two.

And there is still a chance that things have improved and you won't experience what we all did. There is a really long thread somewhere about all of the stuff we had to go through waiting.

The good news is is once it's on a train, if you can manage to get the rail car number from ford chat, there is 1 phone number that you can call to access an automated answering system that you can use it see where the rail car is in the country.

It's fun to check, but of the whole process, the actual train movement was the fastest. I think it only took like 10 days to get from The main trail yard in Michigan, to my destination port in Northern Cali. All of the actual big delays are untrackable.
You would like to think 2023 things would be different but you’re right, people aren’t working which is so weird to me. I did try to call the railway system but when I put in my information it came up that there was no status. So I gave up on that.

I did speak with the car dealership this morning and they assured me everything was fine and hopefully this week from the information they had. We’ll see. I’m not holding my breath.

FuzzyBlues

Badlands
First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Badlands 4Dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Im in a similar situation. There was an "in transit" dealer stock and I put down a deposit only to find out 2 weeks later that is is "still at the factory on hold". I've learned more from the good folks here on the forum than from the dealer. It seems there are a plethera of potential supply chain/transporation chain issues that cause delays. Since you have a built status, I would bug the dealer for the rail car number and then use the tracking systems as da_jokker referenced. The Trackers button at the top of the forums pages has links and info on how to use this. Cheers and good luck.

Jok3r

Black Diamond
First Name
Mark O.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hey Mike, Shoutout from Southside of the RVA.

Bronc.jpg
Sponsored