Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You installed with OEM mirror left in place or used the optional mounting bracket?

Just got my G900 installed. Love it so far! Wish it could be powered off a piggyback from the OEM power mirror, but it doesn't seem to give it enough juice...
Sponsored

Mishra42

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did you install it yourself? Are there any tutorials on how to install the g900 for the Bronco out there?
@Bee Bop pulled this together for installing the Brand Motion Mirror(Which I have and Do Not recommend). Excellent walk trhough on how to take apart your trim: See this Post

GABroncin

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Jaguar E-Pace, Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You installed with OEM mirror left in place or used the optional mounting bracket?
OEM mirror left in place. Used the rubber/silicone mounting straps to secure the new screen to the OEM mirror. It's a little bulky if you try to notice it, but I can't even see the OEM mirror behind the G900's huge screen lol.

Ooh, I will also say that a downside is how little the front camera pivots down. I have the have the screen facing upward just a hair to be able to see the front of the hood, even just a little bit. That means that I'm seeing the reflection of the sky any time the top is back and it's sunny outside. That's only a couple weeks a year down here in GA, but still.. Wish that camera adjusted down much more. Should really come from the factory at an angle. No need for it to point up at all. Only straight forward and down.

evilletruck

Black Diamond
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Did you install it yourself? Are there any tutorials on how to install the g900 for the Bronco out there?

I did a video a little while ago about how we installed one

mikeeshim

First Edition
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MBZ E350, supposed daily driver
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Yeehaw! 🌈 Score big with a $50 discount on the G900 and G890 for the entire first week. Don't miss out on this rootin'-tootin' deal! 🥳🤩
Has this been trail tested? I feel like either the entire mirror will off, or will be looking straight down, with the added weight when going through ruts and rocky terrain.
There were 2 options on the Defender that I really wanted, one of them was this. The other was the folding ladder on the side, but that wasn't too big of a deal.
But this is a pretty cool alternative and I love/hate that it's touch screen.

Sponsored

strawhatguy

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Black Diamond / Tesla Model 3
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Found this YT Review on the G900. Definitely need the wiring kit.

BTW...you got to respect that 'stache

I just called Wolfbox directly, and apparently if you order direct from them, a hardwire kit is included, but elsewhere, like Amazon as 'stache guy did, it isn't included. So that explains some difference, so I just ordered now straight from them (probably have to to use the code anyway). Hopefully he didn't mislead me!

strawhatguy

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

@evilletruck
I saw this video, and yep probably do it a similar way, although I might put the camera on top of the taillight.
What did you use the feed the cable through on the last bit of paneling, without needing to take all of it off?

GABroncin

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Jaguar E-Pace, Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Has this been trail tested? I feel like either the entire mirror will off, or will be looking straight down, with the added weight when going through ruts and rocky terrain.
There were 2 options on the Defender that I really wanted, one of them was this. The other was the folding ladder on the side, but that wasn't too big of a deal.
But this is a pretty cool alternative and I love/hate that it's touch screen.
We've done some knocking around on trails down here in GA and it's held up fine so far. Seems pretty darn securely strapped to the OEM mirror.

20231106_172504.jpg

20231106_172354.jpg

20231106_172407.jpg

Hdscreens

Badlands
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is rear cam wire long enough to run down front pillar and send it thru floor? 2-dr bronco with rear seats currently out.

strawhatguy

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Is rear cam wire long enough to run down front pillar and send it thru floor? 2-dr bronco with rear seats currently out.
watch the video that @evilletruck posted above, they went around the passenger side behind the airbags and then down the C pillar into the cargo area (then tailgate door). And theirs was a 4-dr so it should be plenty enough for a 2-dr. I think the 4-dr total including the engine compartment is 15ft long. 180” or so inches

Sponsored

mikeeshim

First Edition
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MBZ E350, supposed daily driver
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

We've done some knocking around on trails down here in GA and it's held up fine so far. Seems pretty darn securely strapped to the OEM mirror.
That's great to hear. Did the mirror assembly start tilting down at all during those trail runs?

evilletruck

Black Diamond
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

@evilletruck
I saw this video, and yep probably do it a similar way, although I might put the camera on top of the taillight.
What did you use the feed the cable through on the last bit of paneling, without needing to take all of it off?
I used a fish tape for running electrical wires and pushed it through

Hdscreens

Badlands
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I saw it but prefer to avoid that root cause I have hard top and bimini top so I don’t want to mess with those right now.

watch the video that @evilletruck posted above, they went around the passenger side behind the airbags and then down the C pillar into the cargo area (then tailgate door). And theirs was a 4-dr so it should be plenty enough for a 2-dr. I think the 4-dr total including the engine compartment is 15ft long. 180” or so inches

strawhatguy

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I saw it but prefer to avoid that root cause I have hard top and bimini top so I don’t want to mess with those right now.
I have the hard top too. Are you saying the hard top front and mid panels need to be taken off to pop that side panels? That part doesn't sound too bad, I'm more worried about fishing it through the passenger side cargo panel honestly.

Hdscreens

Badlands
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have 2 dr so no mid panel but with bimini mesh top it’s a bit tricky to get the front panels off on my own cause it’s possible one might slip and fall. Before mesh top they were easy. All the mesh top ties would be a pain to take off to then take top side panels off. Rear seats are out so figured I’d run down thru floor. I guess I’ll find out once I receive unit.

I have the hard top too. Are you saying the hard top front and mid panels need to be taken off to pop that side panels? That part doesn't sound too bad, I'm more worried about fishing it through the passenger side cargo panel honestly.
Sponsored