Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

It seems us here in Canada have been playing our bronco purchase on "hard mode" since day one.

- No granger like dealerships.
- No dealership change on reservations (a huge bargaining tool)
- And now, no X-Plan.

As of this morning the price of my bronco went up $2600. (X-plan savings plus a dealership fee)
I cant even take my money somewhere else.
I will wait for B&P before making a decision, but Ford is making it easy to pass on a 21MY.
Sponsored

fly-cobra32

Wildtrak
First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Acura
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It seems us here in Canada have been playing our bronco purchase on "hard mode" since day one.

- No granger like dealerships.
- No dealership change on reservations (a huge bargaining tool)
- And now, no X-Plan.

As of this morning the price of my bronco went up $2600. (X-plan savings plus a dealership fee)
I cant even take my money somewhere else.
I will wait for B&P before making a decision, but Ford is making it easy to pass on a 21MY.
That gives the dealership leverage......
Heard that in Ontario they cannot mark up above MSRP according to OMVIC regulations if I am correct.
Not stoked going into my dealership.....if it happens it happens, if not.............crap! You just cant walk out to go to another dealership....unless you make a new reservation for 2022. Wish I'd made several reservations at different dealerships.

OP
OP
parropski

parropski

Big Bend
First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

This sucks... Maybe a major dealer will step up with some alternate deal. Even if $1000 off MSRP would be nice
The worst part of this Ford Canada shenanigan is that it also affects dealers that want to work hard for your business. There is no switching whatsoever. You are stuck with a dealer. In my case I just choose the closest one to me.

AtomicWT

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Looks like no special deals so the Bronco in leaf land will touch $50K for a base model when it's all said an done. I'm looking at a Wiltrak and expecting to hit $70K....once you add options, woosh.

$100 deposit should have been $1K. At least filter out the tire kickers.

Sponsored

fly-cobra32

Wildtrak
First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Acura
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Looks like no special deals so the Bronco in leaf land will touch $50K for a base model when it's all said an done. I'm looking at a WildTrak and expecting to hit $70K....once you add options, woosh.

$100 deposit should have been $1K. At least filter out the tire kickers.
Don't forget any add-ons and the government want a piece of the pie...............
I'm also looking at a WildTrak.

AtomicWT

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Don't forget any add-ons and the government want a piece of the pie...............
I'm also looking at a WildTrak.
Just checking my reservation now. Says MSRP (AC Tax, Freight Fee, Green Levy Tax...plus an additional $100 AC tax wtf?) comes to $63994. Plus the governments gibs...$ 72310 CDN pesos.

But as is Canadian tradition, finance the hell out of that! I'm excited to get in a Bronco Wildtrak and hitting the snow. Probably dumping the Goodyears immediately for some 37" BF KO2's

I'll be incredibly disappointed if I can't get a 2021 on the road by June. I reserved July 15.

Last edited:

fly-cobra32

Wildtrak
First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Acura
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Just checking my reservation now. Says MSRP (AC Tax, Freight Fee, Green Levy Tax...plus an additional $100 AC tax wtf?) comes to $63994. Plus the governments gibs...$ 72310 CDN pesos.

But as is Canadian tradition, finance the hell out of that! I'm excited to get in a Bronco Wildtrak and hitting the snow. Probably dumping the Goodyears immediately for some 37" BF KO2's

I'll be incredibly disappointed if I can't get a 2021 on the road by June. I reserved July 15.
Hope the B&P Friday 00::01am will have the Canadian one up at the same time.

Xodric

Badlands
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Manitoba, Canada ( Born/Raised in Kansas )
Vehicle(s)
1978 Bronco XLT, 1979 F150 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The worst part of this Ford Canada shenanigan is that it also affects dealers that want to work hard for your business. There is no switching whatsoever. You are stuck with a dealer. In my case I just choose the closest one to me.
I did the same thing the night of the Bronco reveal, I had to make a 2nd reservation about a month ago because the closest dealership for me sucked donkey ... you know what.

Sponsored

fly-cobra32

Wildtrak
First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Acura
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I did the same thing the night of the Bronco reveal, I had to make a 2nd reservation about a month ago because the closest dealership for me sucked donkey ... you know what.
I too made a second reservation.................

brrke

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 NA8 Miata
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Yup, I'm out, they have no plans of changing the reservation policy here.

A little birdy says it's so US customers get priority over Canadians. If you want it you'll keep it at your dealer. If not, that's a bronco to a US customer faster. Don't be surprised if Canadian Broncos get pushed back more as well.

I canceled my reservation, F in the chat, have fun in your broncos for me until things normalize out.

OP
OP
parropski

parropski

Big Bend
First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Yup, I'm out, they have no plans of changing the reservation policy here.

A little birdy says it's so US customers get priority over Canadians. If you want it you'll keep it at your dealer. If not, that's a bronco to a US customer faster. Don't be surprised if Canadian Broncos get pushed back more as well.

I canceled my reservation, F in the chat, have fun in your broncos for me until things normalize out.
Im waiting for B&P but its probable I'm going to cancel as well. My dealer pushed a $880 fee "on all vehicles sold". That's before the options they decide to add. I want a big bend not to bend over.

Maybe 22MY if things normalize.

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My dealership also told me not to expect B&P on Ford.ca to go live the same days as Ford.com so don't get your hopes up for B&P either.
Can always play on the US one... And then add 50%

AtomicWT

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Im waiting for B&P but its probable I'm going to cancel as well. My dealer pushed a $880 fee "on all vehicles sold". That's before the options they decide to add. I want a big bend not to bend over.

Maybe 22MY if things normalize.
That is BS, did you get an email about this or did you call them inquiring? I haven't heard anything from my reserved dealer.
Sponsored