Cappy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Isn't it the other way around? A "True rock crawler" doesn't need twin turbos to crawl along at 0.5 MPH. In fact, increased weight and fuel consumption only hurt you on a remote trail.

"True rock crawlers" really only care about approach/departure angles, lockers, and gear reduction.

Personally, I'll never 'rock crawl' OR go to the mall. I just want a manual transmission vehicle that can haul gear/family/trailers/small boats and has AWD/4WD and sufficient ground clearance for snow/mud/dirt/sand driving. Tacoma is a time machine to 2005 and the Wrangler can be borderline undrivable on pavement with that SFA, so it's Bronco or bust for me.
Underrated comment right here. ☝

On my '87 I was pulling weight at every turn.

That thing was gutted like a three day old trout.

I honestly have some reservations with this 2021 starting at 4300 lbs. But I'll get over it. ?
Sponsored

OP
OP

wordstew

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H3 Hummer, Explorer Sport, BMW R1200C
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Newsflash...not everyone is hand to mouth and doing what you are suggesting.
I'll leave it at that unless you want to press the issue.
Not news to me I totally agree with you...

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It really doesn't matter if the most off roading one does is pulling into Starbuck's parking lot. If they want the 'Squatch" package they should add it to their Bronco. There is a thing called "points" for coolness. :)

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It really doesn't matter if the most off roading one does is pulling into Starbuck's parking lot. If they want the 'Squatch" package they should add it to their Bronco. There is a thing called "points" for coolness. :)
Yes Carmel macchiato ....

Shit are they still like $5 for a cup ...
?

Pancho Kornwallace

Base
First Name
Pancho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
The thing is if you want to just pull into a Starbuck's parking lot, you should NOT get a Bronco.
Instead, you should get a Mach-E, in brown and call it "Caramel Mach-E Auto". You will win "cars and coffee" every time if you do that!

Sponsored

Ihatecrashing

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback 2” lift/Ducati Monster 796
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Think of it this way...on average, people who buy new vehicles keep them 6 years. So, in 2027 some of the future owners will have fully optioned first year vehicles. :)
This. Have you seen the market for "Triple Locked" Landcruisers? I'm not opposed to picking up an used cherry mall crawler all tricked out for my off road fun. :D

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The thing is if you want to just pull into a Starbuck's parking lot, you should NOT get a Bronco.
Instead, you should get a Mach-E, in brown and call it "Caramel Mach-E Auto". You will win "cars and coffee" every time if you do that!
Did you just make that Pancho? I bet you did........:ROFLMAO:(y)

OP
OP

wordstew

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
FFL 3 will get you a belt fed weapon as an accessory
Good point and well articulated with one minor exception I'm not deciding anything for anybody only having a friendly discussion about a vehicle and purchase of available options. I am in the right country for that....correct???
D
You ever heard of "live and let live"?
yup... you ever heard you have a "right to your opinion"
I get the feeling you're quick on the uptake so you know as well as I we could both go on for days doing this. I propose a treaty and I'm willing to back that up with the purchase of one alcoholic beverage of your choice should we ever cross paths...

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We are in America brother this is one of the the only places I know of where you can 2nd mortgage your house to buy a 4x4 and it's business as usual.
I spent many years in the military defending your right to do so...
But I also have the right to question the logic of it.
First, thank you for your service!

Second, try keeping some perspective here. People certainly make bad financial decisions like you described and there will probably be A LOT of people that do this for a new Bronco. With something like this where people are so excited and passionate and willing to wait many months to actual get it, there will be plenty of that. Sure, there may not be real logic about it... but ?‍♂.

On a side note, I don't think people should put themselves in a hole for this but I do think people that are getting a new Bronco (and can afford it) should get what they want even if it stretches their budget a bit.

Sponsored

NM_21Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Alright, I guess we should all come on here and justify our purchases. Why concern yourself with what other people do. We all know you're a big boy offroader

OP
OP

wordstew

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
First, thank you for your service!

Second, try keeping some perspective here. People certainly make bad financial decisions like you described and there will probably be A LOT of people that do this for a new Bronco. With something like this where people are so excited and passionate and willing to wait many months to actual get it, there will be plenty of that. Sure, there may not be real logic about it... but ?‍♂.

On a side note, I don't think people should put themselves in a hole for this but I do think people that are getting a new Bronco (and can afford it) should get what they want even if it stretches their budget a bit.
Agreed so I will repost the offer I made to another on this board:
I get the feeling you're quick on the uptake so you know as well as I we could both go on for days doing this. I propose a treaty and I'm willing to back that up with the purchase of one alcoholic beverage of your choice should we ever cross paths...

Bronco-chris

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord LOL
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I keep reading this board everybody sounds like they need the squatch package and the larger engine. I would be willing to bet the majority of these vehicles will be mall crawlers rather than overlanders or rock crawlers.
Mall crawler you don't need much you only want to bedazzle it cause it looks cool
DD with occasional overlanding probable only need 33s and rear lockers at most
True off-roader rock crawler you will benefit from the works.
Not sure why folks give a shit what others buy with their own money.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.