Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1936 Ford Pickup
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What issues can u have highway driving with Squatch
Not much, but your gearing w/ sas is 4.70 its not really freeway gearing. This means the faster you go the more it winds up, higher RPM Sooner, 70mph instead of 75 or 77 at same rpm with 4.46 . I would have to drive them both and see. I'm always doing 80+ shhhh. ?
Sponsored

Roger

Badlands
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 f150 92 mustang 00 ranger 04 pilot 02 libert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
ummmmmm, ok? Larger engine means more gas consumption (Diesel being far worse), means more exhaust, means more particles per square liter, means more pollution. Some truth to your saying the size doesn't truly matter, its the gas consumption. Yet pretty much across the board, larger engines mean less gas mileage means more gas needed to go the same distance means more pollution.
N

Roger

Badlands
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 f150 92 mustang 00 ranger 04 pilot 02 libert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
ummmmmm, ok? Larger engine means more gas consumption (Diesel being far worse), means more exhaust, means more particles per square liter, means more pollution. Some truth to your saying the size doesn't truly matter, its the gas consumption. Yet pretty much across the board, larger engines mean less gas mileage means more gas needed to go the same distance means more pollution.
Not always the case I have traded smaller engine vehicles for larger engine vehicles and got better gas mileage some decent size vehicles with smaller engines are under more of a strain resulting in more gas consumption examples ford ranger with 2.3 4cyl gets about the same if not worse gas mileage as a f150 with a 5.0 v8 or a guy I work with had a f150 with 3.5 EcoBoost v6 was getting worse gas mileage than my f150 with 5.0 v8

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm with you. Some are just taking it out of context.....
Might be about time to close and wheel on.....
Or some people have so little self-awareness that they don't understand how insulting and judgmental they are when they post a thread accusing people of being vehicle "posers"? There's that possibility.

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not always the case I have traded smaller engine vehicles for larger engine vehicles and got better gas mileage some decent size vehicles with smaller engines are under more of a strain resulting in more gas consumption examples ford ranger with 2.3 4cyl gets about the same if not worse gas mileage as a f150 with a 5.0 v8 or a guy I work with had a f150 with 3.5 EcoBoost v6 was getting worse gas mileage than my f150 with 5.0 v8
My 5.0 gets better gas mileage than my son's Jeep with a 6 cyl.

Sponsored

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My Bronco will never be a mall crawler. I only shop at boutiques and farmers markets.
Mine will be a school crawler and a Hobby Lobby crawler...but I live off road, so don't tell the OP that I'm more bonafide than he or she is.

THEMANatwar

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 F150 Flareside, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm surprised this thread hasn't been nuked yet...

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Or some people have so little self-awareness that they don't understand how insulting and judgmental they are when they post a thread accusing people of being vehicle "posers"? There's that possibility.
It reminded me of that one friend who always has something negative to say to your good news

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Iā€™m 60 and want a toy. Iā€™ve put 3 kids through college, helped one of them get through law school and am putting my youngest through college currently.

I have a ā€˜13 Land Cruiser which checks all the boxes that any rational person not worried about MPG or prestige could want. Great on the highway and good enough for off-roading that all but the serious enthusiast would require.

Maybe Iā€™ll take my Bronco to West Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, Colorado and/or Utah, or maybe Iā€™ll continue to travel comfortably in my Land Cruiser.

It will be clean, except when it isnā€™t. Iā€™ll let my kids use it after they learn how to drive a standard. It wonā€™t typically drive me to work, so I wonā€™t have to worry about it getting door-dinged. Whatever happens in the line of more serious duty, so be it.

The toy in my garage was supposed to be an old muscle car. Iā€™ve had three Porsches and donā€™t have a big desire to have another one. Iā€™m not a Jeep fan at all, but seeing the Bronco was kinda like hearing a bad-ass song on the radio for the first time. It tugged at my soul in an indescribable and not totally rational fashion. I canā€™t tell you exactly why Iā€™m getting one, I just know Iā€™ve gotta have it.

The photo is from the north rim of Black Canyon of the Gunnison National Park.
D9291825-A5B6-4DBC-BC8B-79CA6BD194E0.jpeg
Love your post Jim. Not kidding saying that I want to be like you when I grow up!

You deserve this toy. You've worked hard, reared your kids well, gotten the sports car thing out of your system, so now it's time for adventure, or more adventure.

Hope you get it built like you want it and enjoy smiles per mile.

However, don't you sit your ass on the side of cliffs and the Grand Canyon and shit like in that picture! If I hear bout some Jim falling while taking a selfie I"m gonna be hella pissed off and then your son in law's going to get your Bronco and you know you're not sold on that boy just yet. ?

OP
OP

wordstew

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H3 Hummer, Explorer Sport, BMW R1200C
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
" some people have so little self-awareness that they don't understand how insulting and judgmental they are when they post.... pretty much what you been doing.... Be safe out there enjoy your new Bronco......

Last edited:

Beachin 74

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco, 2015 F-150, 2022 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Not sure why folks give a shit what others buy with their own money.
I think the terminology for folks like that are called "pocket watchers".;)
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.