Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That is possible, but I hope they know that their are penalties from Ford for not converting original reservations to the original reservation holder.

Ask them to send you a copy of your Vehicle Order confirmation form from the dealer and your order number from Ford
Thanks very much.

Just for my original post: I spoke to Ford Canada, and they confirmed that walk-in orders at the dealership do not appear on your Ford.ca order/reservation account. So that solved that question!
Sponsored

ReimundKrohn

Big Bend
First Name
Reimund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Rav-4, 2005 F-150 Lariat, 2005 PT GT Conv
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

So I just heard back from the dealership. They told me it wouldn't show my order on Ford.ca's account due to it being placed at the dealership as a walk-in. I guess I can believe that...

The other comment was I should still receive a MY21 because they used a prior reservation and changed it to my order as that customer had backed out of wanting one. Not sure if that's legit or not, but would be odd they'd say that without it being true... I guess I'll have to wait and see.
Smart! They are allowed to do this with 20% of their reservations, without penalty. Looks like you lucked out! 👍

OP
OP
604Bronco

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm confused again... I mentioned the other day that Ford Canada stated an in-store build (without reservation) would not show on my Ford.ca account under "Reservations/Orders." However, I've seen other posts which reference a walk-in order placed and they show this info on their Ford account. Not sure if it's different from USA vs. Canada? I don't see why this would be though... Can anyone confirm who did a walk-in order without a reservation?

Also, with a walk-in order, should I have received any email from Ford about this, or not until a VIN is produced? Or is this emailed to me via the dealership where the order was placed?

DieselSmack

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Audi Q5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm confused again... I mentioned the other day that Ford Canada stated an in-store build (without reservation) would not show on my Ford.ca account under "Reservations/Orders." However, I've seen other posts which reference a walk-in order placed and they show this info on their Ford account. Not sure if it's different from USA vs. Canada? I don't see why this would be though... Can anyone confirm who did a walk-in order without a reservation?

Also, with a walk-in order, should I have received any email from Ford about this, or not until a VIN is produced? Or is this emailed to me via the dealership where the order was placed?
Here is what I have been able to discern based on my experience and hours of reading this forum.

1. Ford Canada and Ford America have different mandates to how they communicate with their customers. This has caused a great deal of confusion.

2. You will NOT receive any confirmation email from Ford regarding your Bronco order. Only your 'Ford.ca' account will be updated to 'In-store Order' until you have a VIN assigned.

3. You will only get your walk-in order if the dealership had an unconverted reservation, and they use that reservation to order your Bronco. You should get an email from Ford when your VIN is assigned. If you did not reserve the Bronco, and your dealer didn't have a reservation to convert, then get cozy because it'll be a long wait.

OP
OP
604Bronco

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Here is what I have been able to discern based on my experience and hours of reading this forum.

1. Ford Canada and Ford America have different mandates to how they communicate with their customers. This has caused a great deal of confusion.

2. You will NOT receive any confirmation email from Ford regarding your Bronco order. Only your 'Ford.ca' account will be updated to 'In-store Order' until you have a VIN assigned.

3. You will only get your walk-in order if the dealership had an unconverted reservation, and they use that reservation to order your Bronco. You should get an email from Ford when your VIN is assigned. If you did not reserve the Bronco, and your dealer didn't have a reservation to convert, then get cozy because it'll be a long wait.
Thank you for your insights!

So, my understanding is my dealer did have a reservation that they converted to my order (original customer didn't want their order anymore). They confirmed this in an email to me. So should this also show up on my Ford.ca account, or no, because it was "someone else's" order that was changed to mine? Its been a week now since placing my order and nothing is showing on my Ford.ca account. The mixed messaging on this is confusing lol.

Sponsored

DieselSmack

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Audi Q5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thank you for your insights!

So, my understanding is my dealer did have a reservation that they converted to my order (original customer didn't want their order anymore). They confirmed this in an email to me. So should this also show up on my Ford.ca account, or no, because it was "someone else's" order that was changed to mine? Its been a week now since placing my order and nothing is showing on my Ford.ca account. The mixed messaging on this is confusing lol.
You're welcome!

So I am actually not 100% sure but the 'Ford.ca Reservation System' differs from the "Dealer/ Customer ordering process"

What I suspect is the original reservation holders account would now say 'In-store Order' and an order number.

Your dealer probably tied your order number to the original reservation order number, which would update the original reservation holders account with your order number. If this was the case, then I suspect all of this will update to the correct information in the coming weeks as they start building them.

My advice is to be patient and just keep making sure your dealer is confirming that they have your order information correctly.

Hope I'm correct with this, see you on the trails!

OP
OP
604Bronco

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You're welcome!

So I am actually not 100% sure but the 'Ford.ca Reservation System' differs from the "Dealer/ Customer ordering process"

What I suspect is the original reservation holders account would now say 'In-store Order' and an order number.

Your dealer probably tied your order number to the original reservation order number, which would update the original reservation holders account with your order number. If this was the case, then I suspect all of this will update to the correct information in the coming weeks as they start building them.

My advice is to be patient and just keep making sure your dealer is confirming that they have your order information correctly.

Hope I'm correct with this, see you on the trails!
That's kind of what I was wondering... if the original customer would see my build on their account. Not the end of the world, however would be nice if they allowed them to transfer this to my account. Sounds like such a simple thing, but maybe not!

I'll keep on my dealership for updates and such. Definitely difficult waiting, but I know we're all in a similar boat. Just thankful I was able to get in on a previous reservation!

DieselSmack

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Audi Q5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That's kind of what I was wondering... if the original customer would see my build on their account. Not the end of the world, however would be nice if they allowed them to transfer this to my account. Sounds like such a simple thing, but maybe not!

I'll keep on my dealership for updates and such. Definitely difficult waiting, but I know we're all in a similar boat. Just thankful I was able to get in on a previous reservation!
You definitely got lucky with the reservation side of things, but I get your frustration. My Ford.ca account still says 'In-store Order' and I ordered back in February. It still says 2021 even though I am now a 2022 with the MOD top. So they have some catching up to do!

OP
OP
604Bronco

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You definitely got lucky with the reservation side of things, but I get your frustration. My Ford.ca account still says 'In-store Order' and I ordered back in February. It still says 2021 even though I am now a 2022 with the MOD top. So they have some catching up to do!
When would a DORA be issued? Should this be provided right after they take my order and enter it into the system? I have an order sheet which shows my build details, priority code, etc. but my understanding this isn't a DORA. Is that correct?

DieselSmack

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Audi Q5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

When would a DORA be issued? Should this be provided right after they take my order and enter it into the system? I have an order sheet which shows my build details, priority code, etc. but my understanding this isn't a DORA. Is that correct?
So regarding that, I don't actually know what the difference is between the DORA and the Build Sheet. I have confirmed with my dealer that everything is correct in the system but I'm not sure if the DORA process is different for us Canadians than it is in America.

I personally don't have a DORA (I think) but I do have a signed Order Confirmation and Build Sheet from my dealer with my details on it.

Sponsored
OP
OP
604Bronco

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So regarding that, I don't actually know what the difference is between the DORA and the Build Sheet. I have confirmed with my dealer that everything is correct in the system but I'm not sure if the DORA process is different for us Canadians than it is in America.

I personally don't have a DORA (I think) but I do have a signed Order Confirmation and Build Sheet from my dealer with my details on it.
Thanks again! I'm going to follow-up with my dealership this morning to see what they say when I request a DORA.

This would be a little easier if we were aligned with the USA process! But what do I know, lol.

DieselSmack

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Audi Q5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks again! I'm going to follow-up with my dealership this morning to see what they say when I request a DORA.

This would be a little easier if we were aligned with the USA process! But what do I know, lol.
Let me know what they say about the DORA. Best of luck my friend (y)

xusarmy

Outer Banks
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thank you. My order doesn't show up anything on here right now - My question is more around how do I get it to show up? Is there specific info I need to provide the dealership to let them know I have a Ford.ca account?

Appreciate your time.
I sure hope you have talked to your dealer about pricing? Buyer beware

OP
OP
604Bronco

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OP
OP
604Bronco

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I sure hope you have talked to your dealer about pricing? Buyer beware
I have the pricing on my build sheet they provided me, and it lined up with what I was expecting.
Sponsored