Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I just heard back from the dealership. They told me it wouldn't show my order on Ford.ca's account due to it being placed at the dealership as a walk-in. I guess I can believe that...

The other comment was I should still receive a MY21 because they used a prior reservation and changed it to my order as that customer had backed out of wanting one. Not sure if that's legit or not, but would be odd they'd say that without it being true... I guess I'll have to wait and see.
Thank you for your insights!

So, my understanding is my dealer did have a reservation that they converted to my order (original customer didn't want their order anymore). They confirmed this in an email to me. So should this also show up on my Ford.ca account, or no, because it was "someone else's" order that was changed to mine? Its been a week now since placing my order and nothing is showing on my Ford.ca account. The mixed messaging on this is confusing lol.
I would have expected you to be able to see your orders in your Ford.ca account.... even if it was a walk-in... it's still just an order. Nothing special about it.

Considering that Canada may handle things differently and I could be off base, if I had to guess I would assume that the reason you aren't seeing it is because it's showing up in the other person's Ford account. This makes me nervous because if they used someone else's reservation, even if they didn't want it, it's still tied to their name...

But if they feel comfortable about selling you someone else's Bronco... cool.

When would a DORA be issued? Should this be provided right after they take my order and enter it into the system? I have an order sheet which shows my build details, priority code, etc. but my understanding this isn't a DORA. Is that correct?
"DORA" is that acronym for the older ordering system. The newer system is called WBDO... they both used by the dealer to enter and view orders, so those terms tend to be used interchangeably.

The WBDO Order Summary looks like this. This is what you should request as it shows exactly what they entered for you.

If they're willing to just sell you someone else's order, I would definitely want to get a copy of this just to make sure they're being honest with you and ordering what you want.

Ford Bronco Ford.ca Account Order Summary Screen Shot Redacted
Sponsored

xusarmy

Outer Banks
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have the pricing on my build sheet they provided me, and it lined up with what I was expecting.
The build sheet is one thing, what the Dealer charges you is another. They can add on what is referred to as ADM. I wish you nothing but luck in this process.

OP
OP
604Bronco

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would have expected you to be able to see your orders in your Ford.ca account.... even if it was a walk-in... it's still just an order. Nothing special about it.

Considering that Canada may handle things differently and I could be off base, if I had to guess I would assume that the reason you aren't seeing it is because it's showing up in the other person's Ford account. This makes me nervous because if they used someone else's reservation, even if they didn't want it, it's still tied to their name...

But if they feel comfortable about selling you someone else's Bronco... cool.

"DORA" is that acronym for the older ordering system. The newer system is called WBDO... they both used by the dealer to enter and view orders, so those terms tend to be used interchangeably.

The WBDO Order Summary looks like this. This is what you should request as it shows exactly what they entered for you.

If they're willing to just sell you someone else's order, I would definitely want to get a copy of this just to make sure they're being honest with you and ordering what you want.

Ford Bronco Ford.ca Account Order Summary Screen Shot Redacted
Thanks for the info!

I have a sheet that looks very similar to yours; I imagine the slight variation in wording is due to Canada vs. USA but most of it is identical. On the bottom it says "This order has not been submitted to the order bank" which is located where yours states "This is not an invoice."

OP
OP
604Bronco

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The build sheet is one thing, what the Dealer charges you is another. They can add on what is referred to as ADM. I wish you nothing but luck in this process.
Absolutely agree that everyone needs to be cautious. I also have a "motor vehicle sales agreement" which is essentially the bill of sale with everything broken down from fees, taxes, to trade in value etc. and is more "formal" I'd say vs. the build sheet.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for the info!

I have a sheet that looks very similar to yours; I imagine the slight variation in wording is due to Canada vs. USA but most of it is identical. On the bottom it says "This order has not been submitted to the order bank" which is located where yours states "This is not an invoice."
It might only say that because they generated it for you to approve, and then they hit "submit" on it. No sense in providing you with the same sheet a second time.

As the previous poster mentioned, make sure you have in writing whatever you negotiated on price. That's just MSRP... your dealer may be planning on charging above MSRP...

OP
OP
604Bronco

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Let me know what they say about the DORA. Best of luck my friend (y)

Just heard back and they provided the DORA for my order. It has my build details and pricing. Is there anything specifically I should look at on here for any clues/issues?
Sponsored