Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler 392
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Zach@Granger Did any of the scheduled broncos today have tow package?
Sponsored

Mr. Nice

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jayson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12' Boss302, 08' Audi TT, 13' CRV, 14" Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Can anyone decode what "price" protection means for "similarly equipped" vehicle? (last paragraph)

Same model?
Same options?
Same color?
Are we only locked in for the exact one that was ordered?
1628778349999-png.png

djbuff303

Wildtrak
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco, '07 BMW 335i
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

@Zach@Granger Thanks for the update Zach!

Maybe this is a naive question - for those of us who have been built or scheduled but not shipped but is it safe for us to assume that we are locked into your allocation for 2021 - despite the fact that our delivery date is unclear.

So - when our MIC gets replaced, our Bronco will be able to be shipped to you within your 2021 allocation. In other word our allocation won't get stolen by any soft tops that might get shipped to you in the interim.

Did that question make sense?

Last edited:

LS2GTO

Base
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 gto 00 f-250 03 t-bird 70 chevelle 59 tr-3..
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Can anyone decode what "price" protection means for "similarly equipped" vehicle? (last paragraph)

Same model?
Same options?
Same color?
1628778349999-png.png

LS2GTO

Base
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 gto 00 f-250 03 t-bird 70 chevelle 59 tr-3..
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Iā€™ve been wondering the same thing about what price protection ā€œfor a similarly equipped modelā€ actually means. Hopefully @Zach@Granger knows or will find out. I know Iā€™d like to make some changes to my configuration but figured thereā€™s no point until Iā€™m ready to move out of 99 status. Kudos to Zach for keeping us informed best that he can. In spite of Fordā€™s sh*t show, I continue to be impressed by Granger. Iā€™m sticking with ā€˜em.

Last edited:

Sponsored

smoot618

Badlands
First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Zach@Granger thanks for all you and Granger do!

I know all this is still pretty new, and it's gonna be hard to give an actual answer, but do you have any guesstimations on how many people will realistically switch to the Soft Top?

I switched awhile back and I'm 3/50ish at my dealership after the switch. How likely do you think it is if I have the following build to get a MY21: 7/23 Res -- 4Dr -- Badlands -- 2.7 -- Squatch -- High -- Soft Top

I know it's so much up in the air and uncertainty, but I need some optimism in my life...Please help!!

Grooticus

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Thanks again Zack, you mentioned allocations going down. If a dealer has fulfilled their allocations but have orders that can be built, IE 4dr BB soft top 2.3 etc, would the dealer get stock before an order because of the allocation?

OP
OP
Zach@Granger

Zach@Granger

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
grangerfordextendedwarranty.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
@Zach@Granger thanks for all you and Granger do!

I know all this is still pretty new, and it's gonna be hard to give an actual answer, but do you have any guesstimations on how many people will realistically switch to the Soft Top?

I switched awhile back and I'm 3/50ish at my dealership after the switch. How likely do you think it is if I have the following build to get a MY21: 7/23 Res -- 4Dr -- Badlands -- 2.7 -- Squatch -- High -- Soft Top

I know it's so much up in the air and uncertainty, but I need some optimism in my life...Please help!!
I think most people who switch to a soft top will get their order filled. I'm guessing we'll have 80+% of our people that switch to a soft top get their order filled (unless we see a huge wave of switches).

So I can't speak unilaterally for all stores, but I think we'd be a good sample of the average nationwide.

OP
OP
Zach@Granger

Zach@Granger

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
@Zach@Granger Did any of the scheduled broncos today have tow package?
Yes

Same model?
Same options?
Same color?
Ford Bronco 8/12/21 Update - the silver lining 1628778349999-
No, you can adjust trims, options.
@Zach@Granger Thanks for the update Zach!

Maybe this is a naive question - for those of us who have been built or scheduled but not shipped but is it safe for us to assume that we are locked into your allocation for 2021 - despite the fact that our delivery date is unclear.

So - when our MIC gets replaced, our Bronco will be able to be shipped to you within your 2021 allocation. In other word our allocation won't get stolen by any soft tops that might get shipped to you in the interim.

Did that question make sense?
Yes, you'll get yours for sure. You may see someone who is getting built now with a soft top receive their order before yours. I'm quite sure that'll be the case, as frustrating as that may be. But at least yours will be right when it arrives.

OP
OP
Zach@Granger

Zach@Granger

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Thanks again Zack, you mentioned allocations going down. If a dealer has fulfilled their allocations but have orders that can be built, IE 4dr BB soft top 2.3 etc, would the dealer get stock before an order because of the allocation?
Retail for a specific dealer will always be built before a stock order if commodities allow. Stock orders will only get produced if no retail orders can get scheduled that week.

Sponsored

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

@Zach@Granger , thank you and your team for always being upfront and transparent. Looks like Iā€™ll be sitting here waiting for another year waiting on a 2 door mic top. Maybe ll have to take a few more 4 hour trips out to Des Moines to help cure the itch with more test drives! :cool:

Uintafly

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for the update Zach. My soft top has a built date of tomorrow, so hopefully Iā€™ll be able to see you in a month or so.
By the way, did they ever officially announce the weeks for the scheduled MAP shutdowns?

Jsullivan

Base
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Explorer, 2016 F350 Diesel, 2013 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Iā€™m a 7/13 reservation and refuse to bend over and buy that four door thing. The silver lining for us is that we wonā€™t pay to participate in the Bronco Beta test and we should be near the top of the list for MY22 production.
My question also. The chat said 2022 pricing/options will be available for order in September. Do we need to get in right away to put in a new order, will our existing order just transfer to a 2022 and most importantly do we keep our original order date and place in the scheduling line?

OP
OP
Zach@Granger

Zach@Granger

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
@Zach@Granger , thank you and your team for always being upfront and transparent. Looks like Iā€™ll be sitting here waiting for another year waiting on a 2 door mic top. Maybe ll have to take a few more 4 hour trips out to Des Moines to help cure the itch with more test drives! :cool:

Our 2 door Wildtrak mannequin just went up in value. šŸ¤£
Thanks for the update Zach. My soft top has a built date of tomorrow, so hopefully Iā€™ll be able to see you in a month or so.
By the way, did they ever officially announce the weeks for the scheduled MAP shutdowns?
I thought it was late July? I thought August was good, but I may be mistaken.
My question also. The chat said 2022 pricing/options will be available for order in September. Do we need to get in right away to put in a new order, will our existing order just transfer to a 2022 and most importantly do we keep our original order date and place in the scheduling line?
You'll need to place a new order. It can be as simple as calling your dealer and say I want all the same options. But, it'll need to be resubmitted.

Also, no rush to put in in ASAP. I believe you'll have a 30-45 day window to submit the orders again and your timestamp is all that matters, not your time the order is placed, as long as it's before the end of that 30-45 day window.

ATLColonial

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Legacy
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Greetings everyone,

I'm trying to be an optimist. Here's a few quick notes.

Scheduling - As of 2 p.m. CST we've had 8 Broncos schedule today.

7 are badlands either high or lux package.

4 yes 4 have sasquatch!

All are soft tops. I know it's not ideal, but if you can swing a soft top I'd encourage you to do so. The prep kit will help down the road.

Dealer allocation - Total output for 2021 has gone down, by how much I don't know. We still believe we'll fill 100% of our allocation with retail orders. We've been fortunate enough to have a lot of Bronco customers switch to a soft top.

Your dealership allocation will be reduced in kind by the total number nationally. If your dealer had 100 orders and overall production is cut 10% they'll receive 90. Even if they get stock orders with a lack of soft top retail demand. Ford isn't going to shift allocation from one store to another based on "buildable" orders. If I have 300 retail soft top orders and I have 100 allocation. I'll still be reduced by that hypothetical 10% like every other dealer.

First Edition - My impression is that your Bronco will be built in 2021, these will get priority for hard tops whenever the "fixed" ones are available.

Please email [email protected] if the recent news has pushed you to a soft top. We'll be happy to help.
Thanks Zach! What do purgatory broncos do for your allocation?
Sponsored