Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Mustang GT Premium; 1994 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'll be there 11/20. Taking my Son and Grandson. Spending Thanksgiving with our Daughter in Pahrump. Can't wait!
Sponsored

BroncoShelby

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350 Heritage Edition,BMW 650 Convert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'll be there labor day weekend, rented a Wrangler with SkyTouch.

Bituman

Wildtrak
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S-Works Roubaix, Vassago Mooseknuckle, Turner Czar
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Try The Silverton or The South Point. those two basically give a straight shot down Blue Diamond to the turn off for the Off-Rodeo.
Thanks! I made a reservation at The Silverton. If I get there early enough, I can waste some time and money at Bass Pro Shop.

Bituman

Wildtrak
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I ran into a guy the night before my trip and he just got back from his. He talked me into the insurance but none of the Broncos from my day had any damage, except a hole in a sidewall. Couldnā€™t hurt but youā€™re probably ok without.

We did get a bunch of stickers and a yeti bottle For swag. You can buy a bunch more yetiā€™s, shirts, hats etc in the merc there.
I signed up for the insurance. All things considered, this is not such a big deal. But I sort of resent Ford (or whoever is running this thing) essentially saying ā€œyou are responsible for damage even though we are there with you and instructing you how and where to drive.ā€ My personal car insurance covers me for rental cars, but I doubt they would cover damage created to a vehicle at an event like this. Also, $75 seems a bit steep for insurance. I rent a lot of cars when traveling for work and always decline the collision damage waiver, but I donā€™t recall the CDWā€™s being that much per day, much less a few hours. By the way, I was in Tulsa, OK last week and rented a full size car for $48 (plus fees) for a day. My total bill was a bit less than $75. Maybe there is some quirky Nevada law that requires them to do this. Just seems a bit off to me.

balucipher

Big Bend
First Name
Balu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I signed up for the insurance. All things considered, this is not such a big deal. But I sort of resent Ford (or whoever is running this thing) essentially saying ā€œyou are responsible for damage even though we are there with you and instructing you how and where to drive.ā€ My personal car insurance covers me for rental cars, but I doubt they would cover damage created to a vehicle at an event like this. Also, $75 seems a bit steep for insurance. I rent a lot of cars when traveling for work and always decline the collision damage waiver, but I donā€™t recall the CDWā€™s being that much per day, much less a few hours. By the way, I was in Tulsa, OK last week and rented a full size car for $48 (plus fees) for a day. My total bill was a bit less than $75. Maybe there is some quirky Nevada law that requires them to do this. Just seems a bit off to me.
Rental car coverages exclude offroad driving because the rental contract almost always disallows that. The risk for the rental company is generally low too, most people treat their rental cars decent and return it in the same condition.

This is an event where you're specifically offroading for most of your driving time in some challenging maneuvers and terrain. Chances are way higher someone damages something - and the rate increases as well.

Sponsored

Bituman

Wildtrak
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
This is an event where you're specifically offroading for most of your driving time in some challenging maneuvers and terrain. Chances are way higher someone damages something - and the rate increases as well.
I agree with this and iā€™m not sure why this bugs me. Iā€˜m looking at this like a rental car situation and maybe thatā€™s not a good comparison. Itā€™s possible that a big chunk of the $75 is for liability insurance even though itā€™s being advertised as a CDW. In my case, Iā€™m doing the off roadeo to get an extended test drive to see whether I really want a Jeep type of vehicle as a daily drive. (A previous test drive at my dealer caused me to start thinking like that.) So maybe in the back of my mind, I feel like I donā€™t want to pay for a ā€œtest drive.ā€ Anyway, Iā€™m sure Iā€™ll have a good time since that seems to be the common narrative of those who have attended.

bigblueboing

Black Diamond
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Going sept 3. Hopefully Friday is less crowded than wknd. Lol.

asurfer11

Badlands
First Name
ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 africa twin
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I ran into a guy the night before my trip and he just got back from his. He talked me into the insurance but none of the Broncos from my day had any damage, except a hole in a sidewall. Couldnā€™t hurt but youā€™re probably ok without.

We did get a bunch of stickers and a yeti bottle For swag. You can buy a bunch more yetiā€™s, shirts, hats etc in the merc there.
Cool. Thanks for the info!

Mario3241

Base
First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Base
Just a heads up. Preseason games were going for $250 and up for decent field level seats if you knew someone. That price point is going to be tough for regular season for decent seats. Knights tickets for that are doable though.

Last edited:

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm going 11/4. I wanted to make sure the heat was over.
Just booked the 4th as well. What are you doing for transportation? We are staying on the strip and hoping a taxi or Uber will get us there. Don't want to have to rent a car just so we can get to the Off-rodeo.

Sponsored

Raskew

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco, 2018 Stinger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just a heads up. Preseason games were going for $250 and up for decent field level seats if you knew someone. That price point is going to be tough for regular season for decent seats. Knights tickets for that are doable though.
I'm hoping they will lose their first 3 games so the prices go down. Haha

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150,mustang gt conv, e250
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I agree with this and iā€™m not sure why this bugs me. Iā€˜m looking at this like a rental car situation and maybe thatā€™s not a good comparison. Itā€™s possible that a big chunk of the $75 is for liability insurance even though itā€™s being advertised as a CDW. In my case, Iā€™m doing the off roadeo to get an extended test drive to see whether I really want a Jeep type of vehicle as a daily drive. (A previous test drive at my dealer caused me to start thinking like that.) So maybe in the back of my mind, I feel like I donā€™t want to pay for a ā€œtest drive.ā€ Anyway, Iā€™m sure Iā€™ll have a good time since that seems to be the common narrative of those who have attended.

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150,mustang gt conv, e250
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I have excellent auto insurance so I did not get the extra coverage, I attended the Nevada event you will be fine and only if you want it you will not need it, everything is very controlled, hard to believe but the course is laid out great. The trail guides will spot you and you will have a blast and be totally blown away by the capabilities...relax and have a great time.

chrtra1

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Just booked the 4th as well. What are you doing for transportation? We are staying on the strip and hoping a taxi or Uber will get us there. Don't want to have to rent a car just so we can get to the Off-rodeo.
I'll be driving my own car. I live on the west end of the Las Vegas Valley and the drive to the off-roadeo site is about 15-20 minutes for me.

cap12271

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I am scheduled for Sept. 6. I booked a room at Silverton and an Uber from there is about $35-40. Cheap car rental was $110 so I went with that!
Sponsored