First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach-E GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am pretty sure that July 2020 reservations were well over half of the total reservations converted to orders.
So here's some math on that: if a July 2020 reservation with the 6 deadly sins (mainly the MIC) is actually pushed into 2023, it means that Ford could not deliver 62,500 units in 2.5 years, which would be ridiculous. Compare that to 900,000+ F-150's they produce every year (so more than 2 million F-150's made in that time before making barely more than 60,000 Broncos with desired builds). Again, we're talking about 2.5 years by the time 2023 is here . . . I just believe that ALL July reservations will be delivered within the 2022 timeframe, it just has to happen.
Sponsored

MannyG20

Badlands
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sorry, Covid ate my homework only works so long.

Don't excuse Ford's poor poor design choices and poor supplier management for bad luck, at most companies there would have been very public firings. At Ford, they march out the brass for interviews at FordAuthority.com.
I am not defending their poor design choices for the interior. I have been on the record of being very dissatisfied with their interior choices overall and with their pairing of interiors with certain trims.

Vendor management is another matter. I will openly admit my ignorance concerning vendor relations in the automotive industry and if you have more insight I will give way to your opinion. The hard tops are a disaster, but what is Ford supposed to do? Fire Webasco (sp?) entirely? How long would it take to source another supplier? Work with Webasco and try to get their quality and efficiency up to speed? If you work with Webasco do you demand they clean house and fire everyone or do you work with what you have?
I have to believe Ford weighed these options and picked the way that allowed the fastest path to getting Broncos out to their customers.
that said - if one or multiple hire ranking executives lose their jobs it would not surprise me, and maybe they should.

I am not trying to excuse Ford for this debacle - like most people here I should have my 2-door base ManSquatch now and not a year from now, but I am trying to logically asses the reality we have. Ford may still pay a cost for this delay in that they may lose my order. The longer it takes the more options come open for all of us and those options may lead us to a different vehicle.

@Ford - ball is in your court.

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So here's some math on that: if a July 2020 reservation with the 6 deadly sins (mainly the MIC) is actually pushed into 2023, it means that Ford could not deliver 62,500 units in 2.5 years, which would be ridiculous. Compare that to 900,000+ F-150's they produce every year (so more than 2 million F-150's made in that time before making barely more than 60,000 Broncos with desired builds). Again, we're talking about 2.5 years by the time 2023 is here . . . I just believe that ALL July reservations will be delivered within the 2022 timeframe, it just has to happen.
I agree that ALL July reservations that are unscheduled-clean will be built long before the end of 22MY. (The obvious exceptions will be those PC 99s awaiting modular hard tops, since MOD top availability has already been pushed back to 23MY.)

Once MIC 2.0 is in production, MAP will be producing Broncos at a much faster clip than we’ve seen so far in July (6,072) and August (8,243).

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

like most people here I should have my 2-door base ManSquatch now and not a year from now, but I am trying to logically asses the reality we have. Ford may still pay a cost for this delay in that they may lose my order.
Amidst all of the other legitimate complaints to bitch about regarding this new model rollout, why on earth should you have your ManSquatch now?!? 😲

The Manual Sasquatch package was never offered in 21MY!

Did you mysteriously pick that Unobtainium option in the fantasy Build & Price tool inside your head? 🦄 And if you did, did your dealer actually enter it on an order in WBDO? If so, please show me the DORA. 🤦‍♂️

Sponsored

dwbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Okay, so that was the first push back in Date. Quality has zero to due with COVID, and thats the reason for about 6 months of delay. Covid was only a 2 month delay.

You work for FORD, or just defend all their major screw ups?

You seem to think nothing is FORDS fault
Except that, almost certainly, because of the initial delays and contract deadlines, Webasto rushed production of the tops. They probably cut corners, as well. That all but guarantees quality issues. Ford cannot back out of the contract, without creating far greater delays; so, they stick with Webasto, working alongside them, coming up with workable solutions.

Also, one does not have to be a Ford employee to apply logic and employ critical thinking. I fervently encourage you to walk away from Ford. Don't buy a Bronco. Show us all how much you despise Ford, for their "major screw ups." You won't be missed by Ford, at all. So, why should you put money in Ford's pocket?

Moya7

Base
First Name
Maureen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 BMW M240i, 2015 BMW 435i
Your Bronco Model
Base
Okay, so that was the first push back in Date. Quality has zero to due with COVID, and thats the reason for about 6 months of delay. Covid was only a 2 month delay.

You work for FORD, or just defend all their major screw ups?

You seem to think nothing is FORDS fault
That’s a bit rich. “Covid was only a 2 month delay”, Uh no.

dwbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I like the trinkets. I've been buying Bronco toys to cheer myself up while I wait. So I appreciate that Ford wants to help me in that endeavor.😍

Feel free to forward it all to my house if you really don't want it.😘
You know damned well, all these folks bitching about "trinkets" are loving the shit out of them. That dude who made the ridiculously "salty" post, with pics of the poster and hammock in his trash can...freshly cleaned trash can, that is...you know he did it to appear salty, but those "trinkets" came right the hell out of that can, as soon as he had his pics. There's something about being "salty," behind a keyboard, that makes people feel important. That's all this is. They want to feel like they have said something that matters, and the echo chamber that is this forum does exactly that for them.

Sponsored

FLSTFI Dave

Raptor
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Grand Sport, Carbon 65, 2017 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
That’s a bit rich. “Covid was only a 2 month delay”, Uh no.
No, its not. Ford pushed back the start of building due to COVID. Now its pushed back 6 months due to quality.

Moya7

Base
First Name
Maureen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 BMW M240i, 2015 BMW 435i
Your Bronco Model
Base
No, its not. Ford pushed back the start of building due to COVID. Now its pushed back 6 months due to quality.
Do you have insider info or is this just your opinion? I agree there have been big delays due to QC, but it’s not as simple as that. Supply chain problems are still a huge issue causing unprecedented delays in all sectors.

FLSTFI Dave

Raptor
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Grand Sport, Carbon 65, 2017 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Except that, almost certainly, because of the initial delays and contract deadlines, Webasto rushed production of the tops. They probably cut corners, as well. That all but guarantees quality issues. Ford cannot back out of the contract, without creating far greater delays; so, they stick with Webasto, working alongside them, coming up with workable solutions.

Also, one does not have to be a Ford employee to apply logic and employ critical thinking. I fervently encourage you to walk away from Ford. Don't buy a Bronco. Show us all how much you despise Ford, for their "major screw ups." You won't be missed by Ford, at all. So, why should you put money in Ford's pocket?

But to apply your thinking, and constant FORD has no fault in this, you have to be a FAN BOY or an Employee.

Ford should have investigated their supplier of MIC tops before writing the contract. Parts companies usually have quality issues in more than on product if they have quality issues. FORD actually went into Webasto to try to help them, and try to help fix issues.

At this point I'll wait for my Bronco.

If you do not think FORD screwed this up royally then you truly have blinders on.

Last edited: