Sponsored

Running the Bead lock ring as a trim ring?

TwinTurboStang

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Brodiak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The beadlock just look so much better than the trim ring having all the bolts. So can I just run the Bead lock and not jump the tire over the bead. 100% just for the look so no need to break balls here. I just drive a lot and no need for the bead lock on my daily. I got 1 of the 17-18 today in the mail and looking it over they look awesome just trying to see if there is a reason not to I'm missing
Sponsored

Broncotrax

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Bronco, '17 Superduity, '22 Badsquatch, CR 250R
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The beadlock just look so much better than the trim ring having all the bolts. So can I just run the Bead lock and not jump the tire over the bead. 100% just for the look so no need to break balls here. I just drive a lot and no need for the bead lock on my daily. I got 1 of the 17-18 today in the mail and looking it over they look awesome just trying to see if there is a reason not to I'm missing
You actually purchased the beadlock kit? Not hacking on you just didnt think anyone would use these wheels as true beadlock wheels.

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You actually purchased the beadlock kit? Not hacking on you just didnt think anyone would use these wheels as true beadlock wheels.
Why wouldn't you use them for beadlocks?

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Only negative I see is the gap between the ring and where the tire would sit on the outside of the rim. Seems like a lot of junk would get wedged in there 🤷‍♂️

Broncotrax

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Why wouldn't you use them for beadlocks?
If you assemble them as the designated beadlock they are non DOT approved in many states so this puts you in a "hard core" rock crawler group where you have two sets of tires/wheels. Also most people on this site will never be in a situation to actually NEED beadlocks because that severe wheeling takes a toll on a vehicle. Being brand new,.. I don't see this happening. Lastly if someone really wants/needs beadlocks. Go with the Icon wheels, they are lighter and DOT approved. When you see a hard core wheeler with true beadlocks it will likely be older and have rock rash, dents and such.

Sponsored

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If you assemble them as the designated beadlock they are non DOT approved in many states so this puts you in a "hard core" rock crawler group where you have two sets of tires/wheels. Also most people on this site will never be in a situation to actually NEED beadlocks because that severe wheeling takes a toll on a vehicle. Being brand new,.. I don't see this happening. Lastly if someone really wants/needs beadlocks. Go with the Icon wheels, they are lighter and DOT approved. When you see a hard core wheeler with true beadlocks it will likely be older and have rock rash, dents and such.
Got ya, I thought something was maybe inadequate about them.

Broncotrax

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Got ya, I thought something was maybe inadequate about them.
It's my thought that Ford should have made this an exclusive option. There will be hundreds of Broncos out there with beadlock capable wheels that no one will ever buy the kit for.

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It's my thought that Ford should have made this an exclusive option. There will be hundreds of Broncos out there with beadlock capable wheels that no one will ever buy the kit for.
Not only that but entire Badlands trims that will never be used, lol.

Bikeric

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 4Runner (For Sale)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
OP, how much did you pay for the ring and bolt kit? If you don't mind me asking? Cheapest I found were $200/wheel, so $1,000 to go beadlock with the Factory rims.

Sponsored

Broncotrax

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
OP
OP
TwinTurboStang

TwinTurboStang

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Brodiak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I got 1 of the 17-18 raptor bead lock rings. Since they come in 4 packs figured I would need a 5th if I did do it. Ill bolt it on the spare and see what I think.

OP
OP
TwinTurboStang

TwinTurboStang

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Brodiak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

OP, how much did you pay for the ring and bolt kit? If you don't mind me asking? Cheapest I found were $200/wheel, so $1,000 to go beadlock with the Factory rims.
$189 for 1 with bolts.

a 4 pack is $680
Sponsored