Sponsored

Georgia Bronco

A club dedicated to Bronco owners in Georgia.
92EddieBauer
Nalley has failed to respond to me. Really debating on dropping my reservation and going a different route. Where has everyone reserved from here?
Show full message
Reactions: RockEye and GiddyUp
ATLColonial
ATLColonial
I've done Krause Family Ford in Woodstock. Nalley was pretty communicative around the original reservation time, but ended up going with KFF for sentimental reasons.
Reactions: Jb7
Jb7
Jb7
@ATLColonial I’m there as well, hope the Msrp quote drops to invoice by October or May switch up to WV...
ATLColonial
ATLColonial
@Jb7 I think if we do x-plan we can get pretty close to invoice. Who have you been speaking to there?
Jb7
Jb7
@ATLColonial My last call this week was with a Women whom conferred with someone after my questions, first guy I spoke with was In sales not sure of position, she gave me better info
GiddyUp
GiddyUp
Morning ... and don't "drop" you reservation! You can always transfer it to another dealership! Not sure if you were aware of that .... so just in case. I made two reservations ... both with Angela Krause in Alpharetta. I didn't hear anything from them, so I transferred one of reservations over to Granger Ford in Iowa. There are some folks in the southeast area that are trying to find a dealership that will honor a deal, or close to, the Granger deal being offered. We are still waiting on that to happen .......
Oldschool67
Oldschool67
I have one at Woody Folsom and one at Paul Thigpen in Vidalia. Woody is no ADM but no discount off MSRP. Thigpen is supposed to let me know this week what they can do. They say they'll definitely beat Woody.
GiddyUp
GiddyUp
@Oldschool67 That should be an easy "beat". They need to try and beat Granger!!!
TitusTerrebonne
TitusTerrebonne
I've contacted both Athens and Loganville Ford, telling them about Granger and neither want to play ball. Still looking for a dealership that could match or even come close to Granger.
Hobgoblin
Hobgoblin
I was with Angela Krause as well. They did not respond even when I reached out to them. I transferred my reservation to Granger in Iowa.
Dmk08
Dmk08
I am reserved at Granger Ford in Iowa. The $1,400 under INVOICE with X Plan is enough to pay to ship it home, still get a solid deal, and not deal w/ Georgia dealer hassle. All car dealers in the Atlanta area seem hard to deal with. I almost always buy out of market.
TitusTerrebonne
TitusTerrebonne
@Dmk08 I wish that wasn't the case. I'm not one to work on my vehicles I wish I could build a relationship with a dealership for servicing. I'm still at Loganville Ford but I'm still trying to figure out what i'm doing.
MadMan4BamaNATL
MadMan4BamaNATL
I went with Nalley and they sent emails and tried to call me. Wasn't going to respond to them, but finally did telling them we could talk in December because there is nothing to discuss at the moment. They want to engage at this point, but can't see a reason why. I'll keep all of my enthusiasm for the Bronco on this forum.
View previous replies…
GiddyUp
GiddyUp
@MadMan4BamaNATL I hear ya on all accounts. However, service is the same no matter what dealership you buy from. I purchased a car from Indiana earlier this year, and the service department doesn't bat an eye, and can give two hoots, as to where it's from. Likewise, no matter where you purchase a car in the US ... you have to pay tax rate for where you LIVE. If it's here in GA, then that's the rate you will pay. Buying out of state has nothing to do with it, and you pay that same steep price on tax even if you buy locally. Note ... Granger said to inform them of my tax rate here in GA, and they will add that amount into my loan, and cut me check so that I can pay the tax here in GA. Service!

I hope your purchase locally works out! You will have to update us when it's all over with. I'm hoping my savings from Granger will take care of 1/2 of my tax bill in GA =)
MadMan4BamaNATL
MadMan4BamaNATL
@GiddyUp If you buy from out of state, can the Georgia high ass taxes be rolled into the financing of the vehicle? That's the part I don't understand here in Georgia. My last 3 purchases have been in Georgia.
GiddyUp
GiddyUp
@MadMan4BamaNATL Buying out of state, and how they handle taxes, depends on the dealer. Some will roll the tax into the loan for you, while others will say that's all on you. Granger will be rolling our GA tax into the loan for us .... if we so desire. Just as if you were buying locally.

I believe the new player on the block, Stephens Auto Center, is electing to do the same thing as well. Actually, it looks as if they copied Granger's playbook. But Lord knows ... the Northeast area needed something closer for them!
bkostang
Another Granger Ford fan boy here. That’s where I reserved at.
Bdockins
Bdockins
I’m reserved at Jackie Jones in Cleveland... if I hadn’t reached out I’m pretty sure they wouldn’t have contacted me.
Told me no ADM; but MSRP for sure.
And in general they are clueless about everything that were in the know of on this forum. Kudos to Granger for being awesome. I’m considering transferring in October.
Hobgoblin
Hobgoblin
Team,

I just jumped onto an auto program site to look at MSRPs vs. Invoices for a handful of similar comparison vehicles. Will hold on that sites name. Don't want to break any non-publication rules. Will provide rough ranges here for discussion purposes.

When I looked at the Wranglers toward the top end you see a rough range of $1,500 to about $2,000 difference between the MSRP and invoice. The lowered end is not as large but still a difference. The Bronco Sport can range from around $400 up to over $1,000. When you get to the F-150 it jumps quite a bit it can range by several thousand dollars. You add those savings to the $1,300 under invoice with Granger you have quite a bit. Goes a long way in getting upgrades, etc.
tomknight
tomknight
I have mine with Pugmire in Cartersville. They said no ADM, and will do xplan. I asked about invoice or better, and sent them a link to Granger. I haven't heard back yet. They said they'd reach back out after B&P becomes active. Told them there'd be 100 or more that would come their way if they'd do something competitive.

Honestly, I don't expect a whole lot. Last I recall, Granger was coming up with package and accessory pricing also. If that all goes at invoice, the total saved could easily be 2-3k.

You have until October to change dealerships. I don't see a need to change just yet, but when B&P comes out, if it ever come out, then I'll have that talk again with Pugmire, or I'll switch to Granger.

Doesn't seem like anyone around here has much interested in doing anything competitive, which is a shame.
GiddyUp
GiddyUp
Exactly! Granger is not only providing a below invoice deal on the Bronco, but the same deal on the extras/packages as well! A deal that keeps getting better!
View previous replies…
GiddyUp
GiddyUp
@ATLColonial I have that same "hassle price" when it comes to shopping at Walmart!!!! Too funny
Hobgoblin
Hobgoblin
@GiddyUp I certainly take that into account as well. The trust issue is also huge. From as straight forward, helpful and public with the information Granger has been, I trust that they will do what they say. I have had relationships with some dealers down here and they surely haven’t always stepped up to the plate here. Others have also mentioned the hidden add-ons like nitrogen in tires, etching, pinstripes, etc. They don’t consider those as ADM but they are.
GiddyUp
GiddyUp
Hobgoblin
Hobgoblin
I didn't put the F-150 MSRP vs. Invoice range in above but let's just say a Badlands or Wildtrak has a difference of $2,200 from MSRP to Invoice you take that savings and add the $1,300 for X-plan customers without options coming to $3,500 under invoice. If you select options it counts there as well. I believe that they are doing special pricing on the accessories as well.

The build and price tool will certainly help knowing what the options will cost from an MSRP perspective. I am hopeful that the difference with Granger will help go a long way to covering the upcharge of the 2.7 and modular hardtop. Also looking at the High Package on a Badlands as well.
Reactions: GiddyUp
GiddyUp
GiddyUp
@Hobgoblin I think it will since I'm doing the same. You've seen the Cost Savings Spreadsheet right? All the savings have been calculated already since we know what the invoice and MSRP prices are.
Hobgoblin
Hobgoblin
I don't think I have seen that spreadsheet. I have seen many on here. Can you post or put the link? Thanks
GiddyUp
GiddyUp
Has it broken down by the best deals currently available. So, X-Plan, Granger and Laura Ford. The savings over each are also compared. A well made spreadsheet but took a little time to make sure I understood what he was calculating etc.
Hobgoblin
Hobgoblin
Thank you kind sir. Not sure how I missed that one? Just goes to show how fast these threads change. Can't blink.
GiddyUp
GiddyUp
My pleasure! Yeah, this one is like one of the most important ones too ?. I'll do a new post here in our club so everyone here knows of it, and for a reference point that's easy to find.

I also utilized the "bookmark" feature to flag specific posts that are important to me. Just FYI
92EddieBauer
92EddieBauer
I see a'lot about granger and laura. 2k from laura to head up to STL isn't too bad. I actually left for the Army from Des Moines.
Dmk08
Dmk08
I think flying to Iowa and taking 2-3 days to make it home could be fun. I honestly an not worried about breaking in a run of the mill mass produced 2.7L EcoBoost. Not like this is a hand build Voodoo or something...
GiddyUp
GiddyUp
I have decided to fly up there (have points available) and will spend the weekend "breaking in" the rig. I also want to check it out before actually signing on the dotted line for it too. I still plan on having it shipped down though since I don't want to accelerate my mileage for warranty reasons, plus I don't want all the bugs and rock chips along the way. Plus, it's just too damn long of a drive for me regardless! haha
GiddyUp
GiddyUp
Per Granger from a few minutes ago .......

"You are absolutely correct... All options ordered on the Bronco from the factory will be at invoice not retail (MSRP) DOC it 180 unless you are x plan the the discount from invoice is 1300 and the DOC is 100 ... on both there is a $45 in state plated fees..."

Options .... at freaking invoice! DOC fee at either $180 or $100 with X-plan. My local dealership (Krause) charges $799 DOC fee. Heck, that savings alone in DOC fees about covers my shipping fee from IA to GA! Remember .... this is $1300 below INVOICE .... NOT .... MSRP! That's what we need to be comparing with the local dealerships.
92EddieBauer
92EddieBauer
Yep I switched to Granger today. I'll probably go visit my family while I'm out there. Seem like the best use of time.
FailedSaint
I'm with Nalley and they've been responsive, called me emailed me and texted me after the reserve. According to them it will be MSRP, have not asked about x-plan etc.
Reactions: GiddyUp
ATLColonial
ATLColonial
@FailedSaint I'm hoping that we can negotiate a better deal with some of these locals if we threaten to decamp for Granger or someone else (I imagine there will be others in the next couple months to match that).
GiddyUp
GiddyUp
@FailedSaint That great they even called and emailed! Most have received no communication at all ... even after moving a reservation away from them. In the meantime ... MSRP is just too expensive.
Jb7
Jb7
I had contacted Krause and havent heard back, one member stated they had been in touch with the sales manager and he stated they would except x-plan if ford says ok, so that gets us to a doc fee of no more than $100 correct?, he never said invoice or retail, at least with x-plan that would help with holding the retail low at krause, but they do need to have a deal near invoice, heck we are at the foothills to the mountains, you drive right by krause going north on 575, one would think they would take advantage of this, jasper has a dealership with hugh jeep sales krause could compete with on trail rigs....
ATLColonial
ATLColonial
@Jb7 Perhaps if enough of us spam them with info about Granger (and now Stephens) they can give us a deal? At least enough to knock out the "hassle price" of having to go to Iowa or West Virginia.
GiddyUp
GiddyUp
@Jb7 Right ... not sure why these dealers are not planning ahead with their businesses, unless they're just content. As for me ... I'm still "content" my reservation at Granger. At any time I can reach out with a question and have it answered quickly. You can tell Albert is enjoying what he is doing and appears to be around 24/7 for us. I do believe Granger is approaching cult hero status, and will have some history in the making. I for one will enjoy experiencing that history and hoping that will offset any "hassle pricing" for me.
Hobgoblin
Hobgoblin
I fully believe Granger is is becoming a cult hero status. I am planning on keeping this Bronco for a long time. What we all are doing here is adding to that story. I for one, want to be a part of that story. It adds so much depth to the experience. It now almost feels like Woodstock. Imagine looking back on this and being able to say “I got it at Granger” in Broncotown USA!
tomknight
tomknight
Too many F-150's to be sold at huge profits around here to worry with lowly Broncos.
Jb7
Jb7
Haha, Im close to 50 have never bought a new vehicle, always buy a couple of years old and payoff early and enjoy no payments, so I dont run thru vehicles often, sold my 94 bronco with custom soft top when my twins were born due to two doors...told my wife this will be my first and last new purchase....
tomknight
tomknight
@Jb7 me too brother. the only time i had a new car was when I owned my company, and got a company car. still sort of debating internally whether a new Bronco is the best idea, but we'll see how it prices out.
tomknight
tomknight
Regarding sales taxes, it's not that hard. When you move here from out of state, you pay an impact fee, which is not a sales tax. When you buy a vehicle, you pay sales taxes in lieu of the impact fee.

I bought my Jeep in NC. The dealer there hired a 3rd party to complete and file the registration paperwork, and to pay the sales taxes to the state. In my case, they got the taxes right, but screwed up the registration, so I had to do that myself.

I think Granger is offering to roll the sales taxes into the finance, then cut you a check for them. That way, you can go register it when you get home, and you have the check to cover the sales taxes.

Alternatively, you can pay the sales taxes yourself out of your own funds and leave them out of the sales deal with Granger.

Share this group

Quick Overview

Category
BRONCO CLUBS / GROUPS
Language
English (US)
Total members
Total events
Total views