Sponsored

Jersey / East Cost Bronco

For everyone to get ideas and talk about new things they find out about the Bronco and maybe get together and have some fun
JBMontclair
I wanted to propose first to this group an idea I have been mulling for a little bit regarding creating a new group (or groups) for people who are looking to do an area trail ride.. I am thinking specifically for finding people to go to either Wharton State Park (NJ) or AOAA and Rausch Creak (PA)... This is because I see this group as a necessary resource for local Jersey Broncos to connect with one another at a local level, while from my 3 off road experiences I found myself also reaching out the the PA group and I may also participate in a ride with the Chesapeake group at Rausch in the spring. This necessitates the need to be members of 3 different regional groups.

The proposal I am floating is to either create one group for finding trail riders over an area covering NJ & PA, or separate it out so that RC and AOAA are one group (as they aren't that far from each other) and have Wharton as another. This way we can keep our local groups for local issues and social meetups and stuff and be able to easily reach a larger audience for building an off road group as it is apparent i am willing to drive 2:30hrs to get out to the PA off road parks.

So before I proceed I wanted to see how others feel what is best. Thinking it will serve a similar purpose as the RC Connections facebook page but specifically for B6G members as they are likely to post here first before reaching out to FB. I probably will float this with the other area groups once i see the reaction and ideas for this on this my home group. Do we need a catchy name or something? Can one cover both or should we split up the states?
Show full message
GToddC5
GToddC5
I'm a total noob to off-roading, having owned a few 4x4s but never really testing them out. I like the idea of a group, and maybe some people with patience wouldn't mind showing a thing or three. Only having the weekend available for screwing around, I personally would be more inclined to stick to NJ for the majority of my time, and maybe only venture over to PA occasionally to spread my wings. I'd honestly rather spend the down time hanging out, food and beverages, over driving a couple/few hours both ways. I'm not on FB, but I am on IG and obviously I log in here often. As far as one group or split, it would probably come down to who would be putting the time and energy into coordinating stuff, and if it's a one or two person job to keep up with both states.
Murraydog11
Murraydog11
I'm in. Pretty much a beginner level. I did do the New Hampshire Off-Roadeo, and really had the opportunity to see what these bastards can do. Which is a lot!
Jornum1
I am in, I think a specific group for trail meet ups is a good idea. And leave this for general banter and social meet ups.
My bronco finally came in and am picking it up this week!
I am really looking forward to getting in some dirt. Hoping for a family friendly atmosphere as I will most likely bringing 2 or 3 of my boys with me on most adventures.
usarms
I actually have a good location for trail riding and afterwards for food and drink all in the same areas. Wharton State Forest. Been trail riding there for a long, long time. Good for beginners and a nice trip. There's even a good meet up area to start the ride. I'll try and post the map later today.
mrjerry469
mrjerry469
I'm on LI and would be interested
njcoach24
I don't have a Bronco yet but when I do, I'm completely interested.
WingedBronco
WingedBronco
JBMontclair
JBMontclair
@GToddC5 Dont worry about the noob status, I still consider myself a noob myself. From my three outings so far (RC, AOAA & Wharton) I'd say Wharton is fun and much lower impact if your looking more for a hangout/chill experience. And less of a oh crap am I about to roll this thing one.. Puddles seem deceptively deep and you can get stuck (we did) so wouldn't attempt those alone. Bring a tow strap at the very least - mine is a cheapo harbor freight one and it came in handy. For the two PA parks I recommend at a minimum having a trim package that includes the skid/bash plates.
GToddC5
GToddC5
@JBMontclair 2 Door Badlands 2.3 MT, so the vehicle is much more capable than me, for sure! Deep puddles, mud, need for skid plates . . . looks like I'd better start shopping for 35s soon, oh darn!
WingedBronco
WingedBronco
@GToddC5 2 door Big Bend 2.3 MT, plastic bash plate in the front, fuel tank is the only metal. you can tag along with me.
Perfect-Beast-2
Perfect-Beast-2
@GToddC5 Yes, even the guy with 37's got stuck at WSF - about 38" of water judging from the tires being below the water line.
Perfect-Beast-2
Perfect-Beast-2
I'm in of course. I wouldn't mind finding some hills in NNJ if there are any we are allowed on. My 35's are still on backorder though.
JBMontclair
JBMontclair
Name a date for WSF and I will see if I can get away for a day. Definately feel like seeing more of it.
JBMontclair
JBMontclair
Ok... I made a command decision and setup a new club:: https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/groups/northeast-trail-ride-connections.118/

Decided since it is intended for a niche purpose it can cover the entire NY, NJ, PA for people looking to ride in this larger area. So I would appreciate those who are interested in organized rides now or in the future to places like Wharton, RC or AOAA and anywhere else inside the area to join the group and start building up a base.
usarms
Got a bit busy with work today but I'll dig out my regular maps, quad maps and post some docs, possible routes and restaurant info ASAP.
LatinoComedian
LatinoComedian
I'm in! Thanks for setting this up! Looking forward to getting out there. My Bronco has been itching to get dirty and my recovery boards just came in yesterday. Let's go!
WingedBronco
WingedBronco
I am going to pass this time. Picking up my bronco tomorrow and want the PPF on before I get it muddy. 70 mile on it at the dealer and muddy.
usarms
Working on it now...Quad maps and my 1852 county map.
20220114_070855sm.jpg
Tor148
Tor148
Cool
Murraydog11
Murraydog11
Nice.
JBMontclair
JBMontclair
@usarms can u recommend a good place as a rally point in the morning? Last time we used the parking lot at the Atsion ranger station as it seemed more northern to accommodate me coming down the turnpike from north jersey. But if there is a better spot I'd like to know so I can add details to the event page. Also thinking 9am meetup would allow time for those with an hour or more trip to get there enough time so it's not a super early morning for them.
JBMontclair
JBMontclair
usarms
Yep the ranger station is perfect.
usarms
I'd like to be but I'm in Vermont that's why I said I had a lot going on this weekend. If you guys go just take the trail to the right of the ranger station. You should be okay if you don't wander too far off the trail and make sure you stay on the trails.
Tor148
Tor148
Thanks, have fun in vermont!!
Maybe next time!

Share this group

Quick Overview

Category
BRONCO CLUBS / GROUPS
Language
English (US)
Total members
Total events