Sponsored

Northeast Trail Ride Connections

Club focused on facilitating trail rides within the entire North East region of the US including PA, NJ and NY. Use this group to find others to wheel in these states

Sticky posts

JBMontclair
I am setting up this club for the purpose of organizing trail rides in the North East region of the US. The intended audience is anyone interested in finding others wanting to ride in these areas such as in PA (for instance AOAA and Rausch Creek) and NJ (Wharton State Forest) and anywhere else inside of PA, NJ and NY that the members know about. I personally don't know much about wheeling options in NY but I'm willing to learn.

I am doing this as I find my options for locating other riders tends to span many area clubs (PA and NJ mostly), so my hopes is that as people start talking up organizing rides anywhere in the region they should move the conversation to here and if this club works as I hope, we can have a larger audience of people looking to join in. So in practice I see this working as such.. people likely will start a discussion in their area groups about going somewhere, they talk it up there to get their locals on board. They should also check and post to this group their interest in establishing or joining in a ride. They should also direct any members of their area club already interested in a ride to do the same. So maybe you post "Anyone looking to ride Wharton this weekend?" to start a discussion and other members can jump in if they are interested (and able) to go.

Please keep this forum focused on organizing, finding others and reporting on rides and sharing in best places to ride in this general region. It is not intended to be exclusive to the residents of these states or for that matter only Broncos, just the Bronco enthusiasts wanting to wheel what they got in them. Try to avoid discussion regarding local dealer issues or venting that you haven't gotten your bronco yet or showing off your latest mod. You can keep that in your existing area group.
Show full message
PhillySpecial18
Living in Southern MD, but from NJ and looking forward to doing some events/rides in the future. Bronco is being delivered to dealer soon! Glad to be here :)
Show full message
Elliott35
Edit/Update: @hoboo128, @JBMontclair, and I will be meeting at the Atsion ranger station lot in Wharton state forest at 9am 11/12. Anyone else is welcome to join us for some fun exploring.

I'm planning on getting down to Wharton this Sunday to do some exploring. Others are welcome to join me. Lmk if your interested and we can coordinate the trip.
Show full message
JBMontclair
Hi all, it’s this club page’s moderator here. First an apology as I’ve been off the site as spring was very busy for me and had no opportunities to go out.. me and a buddy are interested in doing some kind of overland trip in the fall.. thinking New Hampshire could be an option for an extended weekend of wheeling and camping. don’t know much about Trails north of us. Would need at least one other ORV to go as my friend wants to ride his bike. I did see there is a site https://exploringnh.com/home/trans-new-hampshire-expedition-self-guided/ that has a self guided route that you pay for (which I haven’t done).Any interest or insight either reply or dm me.

It warms my heart to see others using this page and I trust everyone’s been behaving in my absence.

oh and I wouldn’t mind getting back to Rausch sometime soon, let meknow.. thx all!!
Show full message
Elliott35
Anyone interested in heading over to AOAA or Rausch Creek this weekend? Need at least another partner to be allowed in it seems.
Show full message
View previous comments…
Dubsesd
Dubsesd
I’m down! In October most likely
ThunderSquatch
ThunderSquatch
Just got back from NH Off-Roadeo, definitely interested in hitting greens and blues in AOAA or FRO in October or last weekend of September possibly. There is also an AOAA Offroad Consulting green trail guided ride on Nov 12 for $40 plus the AOAA daily fee if all else fails.
Cousin Eddie
Cousin Eddie
I know I'll probably get some crap for this but while it's not recommended, AOAA does not require a group to ride there. Be aware that if you need recovery help, it will cost a pretty penny. I have AT&T and have good coverage everywhere in the park. There are a lot of good trails you can ride there without taking too much risk. While you can go there with one vehicle, I definitely would not go alone, meaning have a passenger with you. If you find yourself on a difficult trail you can at least have a spotter. Know your limitations and be cautious of the blue trails. Also be cautious of the puddles. Some of them get very deep. They are probably my biggest worry because I don't have a winch. Bottom line is you can go there alone and have a great time aas long as you don't go nuts.
NJBadlander
New to group and thanks for organizing. Exactly what I was looking for to compliment my new Badlands. I have an ATV but new to full size. Look forward to getting out sometime and ease into it while getting the rig and gear dialed in. Right now full stocko but BL not a bad starting point. Located near Morristown, NJ.
Show full message
View previous comments…
tasker
tasker
Rausch Creek maybe an option for you.....https://www.rc4x4.org/
MAYBE 2.5 hours....
Reactions: NJBadlander
View previous replies…
Jornum1
@FellowM3 I believe you can access it from several points but when we went in we used the entrance by the Ranger station across the street from the swimming area. I had a link to a PDF that had the offroad vehicle trails. But the link doesnt work any more. Looks like they revamped the map site and made it interactive. Unfortunately they dont likes the vehicle trails on it. Anyone else have that map saved? Im kicking myself now that I didnt download it.
Jornum1
Actually I found it. I did save it. I dont see a option to attach a file here. Pm me if you would like it.
FellowM3
Jornum1
If you are looking for something easy to wet your pallet Wharton State forest is a fun time. Nothing crazy there, but plenty of trails to explore.
I know they had some fires there so I am not sure what is open. Maybe someone else can chime in.
NJBadlander
NJBadlander
Was there last weekend for a short trip. Need a full day to explore but agree it’s a great option to hit some dirt/sand. Got onto one road (Stokes?) and it was very tight so I bailed out. Not ready to pinstripe the rig just yet!
CT203
None of these states are in the North East. But those in the North East are jealous of all of the off road options you have!
Show full message
GreenMtnBronco
planning a day in Ludlow VT for Bronco owners, format will be Breakfast/Coffee meetup, Trail ride including Cat4 roads followed by a lunch gathering. More info over in the New England Bronco Group>
date is likely August 6, but depending on participation, could also be August 21 or 28
visit the group post here - https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/group-posts/5643/#js-comment-42214
Show full message
Reactions: Bschurr and Merc4x4
View previous comments…
GreenMtnBronco
GreenMtnBronco
as an update -
Just to update everyone. I am working on the start/finish and route. the plan is to do something on BOTH August 6 and August 21.
Plan is a morning meetup EG coffee and cars, check out the rigs, go for a spin a pre-planned route to include CAT4 roads. We are planning a route that will be good for beginners and those that don't have rigs set up for Heavy Offroad. I have a winch, Hi lift jack & ditch kit, hopefully others will too. I will also be carrying spare tie rods.
plan is to end up in Ludlow VT, likely at the Golf course to have lunch and possibly have the Broncos on display of sorts. All food, etc will be ala carte on your check. trying to make this as simple as possible. Will throw up a FB group this weekend for more discussion which may be easier. If a lot of people prefer the 28th over the 21s, we can move that.
Cousin Eddie
Cousin Eddie
I'm definitely interested in the Aug 6th get together. I'd drive up Friday, stay in a hotel Friday and Saturday night and drive back Sunday, Keep me updated!
GreenMtnBronco
GreenMtnBronco
@Cousin Eddie it will happen, even if just you and me!!! posting a plan tonight/ tomorrow.
Cousin Eddie
Cousin Eddie
@GreenMtnBronco Unfortunately, I have to bow out. Had some family emergencies this week that require me to stay in the home area. I'm still looking forward for an opportunity to explore Vermont's class 4 roads someday.
GreenMtnBronco
GreenMtnBronco
turns out my Bronco is still in shop getting new Advanced fiber parts installed. as of this writing, the only date will be the August 21 meetup. If there is anyone who would still like to meet, I can arrange a meetup spot and provide a good route for the drive and then meet after lunch. I would also be open to riding along with someone else.
bhb
New member checking in... I'm in Bergen County - looking forward to seeing some of you guys out there.
Show full message
Reactions: JMY217 and Matchu
View previous comments…
JoeSpeed
JoeSpeed
Heard of Aaoa in PA, might be fun to go there
Reactions: Jornum1
Jornum1
@JoeSpeed AOAA is fun, I have been there a couple times riding ATVs. Havent had the time to take my Bronco yet. Its a 2 1/2-3 hour drive so not close by any means. Its a long day for a day trip. AOAA and Roush Creek are on my To do list. Wharton State forest is fun to play around in. Still a 2 hour drive from up here. Plus you have to fight the shore traffic on a weekend. I know there has been some forest fires down there so I dont know what is open. I still have sand washing out of places from playing there 2 months ago!
Shawntrex
Shawntrex
See my post above... going to AOAA on Sunday (July 24th)... been there (and Rausch Creek) a few months back and had a blast!
JMY217
JMY217
Bergen County also. I’m sure we have already seen each other on the road. For the NJ people, there is the Trans New Jersey Trail. I have done sections of it on separate occasions. Starts at High Point and ends at Cape May.
Shawntrex
Thinking of going to AOAA this Sunday (July 24th). I have done Greens / Blues before and had a blast but am thinking of going easy this time though with the kids.... anyone else interested in meeting up?
Show full message
I will join but I still don' have my Bronco after 16 months of waiting. Had a dealer call me yesterday has one that someone cancelled but has to mark it up $7,500. I will pay over MSRP.
Show full message
capmoose
Massive wildfire at Wharton State Forrest, heads up in case anyone has plans on visiting anytime soon
Show full message
sjudas
I have a set of Ford factory Sasquatch flares. They are still in the ford box. Message me for a price.
IMG_4851.jpeg
Show full message
Hello all located where the GSP and the ACexprss cross paths. Anyone off-roading Memorial Day weekend?
Show full message
MLPAGANO72
Just got our Bronco a few weeks ago. We are on the Southern Jersey area (Medford). I will keep on this group.
Show full message
skithebadlands
Anyone interested in a meetup for afternoon ride in Wharton or Brendan Byrne? Saturday, April 16.
Show full message
JeepersCreepers
Just another quick call to see if anyone would like to join for a fairly short ride in northern Jersey tomorrow. Probably be out for 1-2 hours max from the starting point in Hopatcong, NJ. I'll be bringing my Jeep and recovery equipment. It's a decent little trail with a few rocks and other obstacles but all totally doable for a stock Bronco (or Jeep for that matter) now that the snow has melted away. Please reach out if you are interested in joining. Thank you.
Show full message
sjudas
JcrOffroad brush bar. Doesn't hide the Bronco badge.
IMG_4506.PNG
Show full message
Reactions: GToddC5
Delli555
Delli555
Looks good but I wonder how functionality of it is since it is on the shorter side and from the pic it doesn’t look like it sticks out much off the grille and is flush with the bumper.
sjudas
sjudas
@Delli555 Here is a side view. There is projection. I wanted a streamline bar.
JeepersCreepers
JeepersCreepers
The bar doesn't do anything. I don't put anything on my vehicles that isn't functional. Jeep or Bronco.
sjudas
Side view
Show full message

Attachments

JBMontclair
Now that I'm back from Maine, I am thinking I want to do something offroad either saturday or sunday (Feb 26 or 27).. Anyone interested in exploring Wharton one of those days, or does someone have other ideas?
Show full message
View previous comments…
JBMontclair
JBMontclair
looks like i can go tomorrow. in past a 9am meetup at the atsion office lot seemed to work out well
JBMontclair
JBMontclair
Ok so me and @capmoose are gonna meetup tomorrow to ride WSF.. anyone else able to go?
JBMontclair
JBMontclair
Just got back from WSF with @capmoose .. did a bit of exploring the trails found quite a bit of mud but generally stayed out of the deep stuff this time.
JBMontclair
Hey, for those who went on the last Wharton trip where we joined up with Tylers group - it looks like they are looking to do something either March 6-7 or 12-13. So I guess if you joined their group as well check out the poll. I also wouldn't mind coming out of hibernation by around then and do something in PA - maybe rausch??
Show full message
Hey guys looking for some advice on where to go In Wharton State forest. I know you have gone for a ride here and some of you are familiar with it. While I'd love to get together with some of you in the future I am just looking to take a trip with the family on Sunday to get out. Im not afraid of exploring, but just looking for some advice on where to start and any good trails. I am from North Jersey so this will be my first trip down there. Not looking to do anything big, I saw from the meetups video that there is some decently deep water. Considering I will be by myself I dont want to get into any situations I cant get out of. Just looking to have a little fun with the family. I am guessing most big water crossings will have some sort of bypass.
I see you guys met up at the Atsion ranger station. Any insight would be great.
Thanks,
Jason
Show full message
View previous comments…
Jornum1
Thanks, yes I do not have winch, but do have recovery gear. I don’t really like to look of most options. I like the low profile of the mod bumper. Looking into the jcroffroad option. I like that it can be easily uninstalled when not off-roading. I may go down that route at some point.
But I don’t plan to go into any big mud holes. I know they can be deceiving so I won’t be taking any chances with the kiddos. Just looking to do some exploring and introduce them to some mild off roading.
I do have onX, and see lots of trails but have to familiarize myself with it more. I have heard good things about Maprika, and will give it a try as well.
Jornum1
Strange when I try to get maprika on the App Store it says it’s not available in my reaction. Strange
usarms
Just a note to those who want to trail ride in the Jersey Pines. I have been out there since I was a kid but now there are a lot of forces out there against 4x4 activity in the Pines. Stay on the trails and try not to dig up anything. They have already closed off previously open areas and would like to close it all down for 4x4 traffic. Tread Lightly.
JBMontclair
We had a great time yesterday at Wharton state forest. I put a bit of a writeup on the events comments page. We had 5 broncos and 2 Rubicon arraigned to meetup only to find that another group had the same idea and rally point so we joined forces and had an awesome time.
Show full message
View previous comments…
JeepersCreepers
JeepersCreepers
Howdy, @JBMontclair. To answer your question about the powerlines, yes and no. That particular area is wheeled often by everyone from Jeep style vehicles to quads to dirt bikes but it's technically not allowed, even though it has never been enforced to anyone's knowledge. By comparison there are other powerline trails in the area that will earn the trespasser swift retribution. All of that being taken into account I don't think I'd organize a true group-style event on that row just to avoid the possibility of someone being disappointed.

There are a couple of other local-to-me options I'll be investigating soon, one in Mahwah and another which was just sent to me by another contributor to that thread you mentioned. I'll let you know if either are viable opportunities for another group style meetup like we had at Wharton.

I think I figured out the issue I had on the trail with my Bronco's "4x4 temporarily disabled" message. It didn't result in any actual damage to the truck and it worked fine again as soon as I got it off the trail. The unfortunate conclusion I've come to in the meantime is that this is not something which can be prevented and may happen again. As a result I'm a little hesitant to do all that much wheeling with the Bronco until I come up with a better way of solving the problem as it can really leave you stranded. (The fix is to drive around on a flat surface -- lol.)

I'm in the process of setting up a group to wheel Rausch's Jeep Badge of Honor trails. As of now I'm planning to do that in my Jeep with a few other Jeep friends but I'll probably extend the invitation to any Bronco friends that might like to go. I'll do a little more research but it appears to me that the Badge of Honor trails are pretty doable for most stock vehicles and the specific trails in question aren't overly "tight" so the four door Broncos ought to be able to complete them. Will let you know.

-JC (Ryan)
Jornum1
@JeepersCreepers Any insight on that Mahwah spot? I am about 10 minutes from there and would love to find something local.
Thanks,
Jason
LatinoComedian
LatinoComedian
Hey party people! I'm sorry that I've been AWOL. I'll keep checking in cause I'm ready to go back out. I saw that Tyler went in the trails the day after the snowstorm and I'm annoyed that i missed that. Don't want to miss any fun outings again. I'll post here if I see something coming up.
JeepersCreepers
JeepersCreepers
I’m going to run a short local trail in Hopatcong Saturday midday. I’ll be bringing my Jeep since it has a winch. Will probably be out a couple of hours max. If up to two broncos (or any capable 4x4 for that matter) want to join, let me know asap. Don’t want a bigger group just because it’s not a technically legal area but it’s often wheeled by many with no issues.
JBMontclair
Ok.. so a couple of things I’d like to get talking about here. First If someone would like to contribute so art for the group banner - please feel free to submit me something.

second I’d like to get out and do some kind of ride again in march ether out in PA or explore more of WSF. Any interest ?
Show full message
capmoose
capmoose
I could do something in March, PA or WSF would be fine, I'll watch the thread for interest too
Wamland
Wamland
I’m down for either.
JBMontclair
JBMontclair
I do want to get out to both soon.. As things start warming up I'm sure others will be thinking the same. Hopefully we can piggy back on that.. For instance the group we ran with last time in wharton is putting something together for march 5 & 6 (i think some are planning on camping it). I can see if they'd be ok again if we join in.
JBMontclair
Perfect-Beast-2
Perfect-Beast-2
I have interest, but I'm more interested in Rausch, which for me is that same day, Can't be in two placees at once sadly.
JBMontclair
JBMontclair
i understand.. i also confirmed that it is a pavement only event - in case that helps you further decide - i know how much you like to stay on the pavement ;)
Perfect-Beast-2
Perfect-Beast-2
I'm getting 35" tires next weekend - only 15 miles on them. All I need now are SAS wheels.
Butzy
I might be in Ohio but only 3 miles or so from PA
Show full message
JBMontclair
JBMontclair
That’s exactly why I figured On setting this group up as it is for those looking to find trail riding experiences in these states and not just for those who live in them
Reactions: Butzy
LatinoComedian
LatinoComedian
Great job seeing this up @JBMontclair !!! I'm looking to hit everything from Wharton, to even the TNJT. It would be great to get groups of us together to try trails all over the East Coast. Big or small groups.
JBMontclair
JBMontclair
All.. I setup the group SMS for all that have marked themselves as going this Sunday 1/16 to Wharton state forest. It’s not too late for anyone else to join just click on events link on this page, select the event and add yourself. Then DM me with your contact info and I will update the group SMS. We will rally at 9am at the Atsion Office (ranger station) parking lot

Share this group

Quick Overview

Category
BRONCO CLUBS / GROUPS
Language
English (US)
Total members
Total events
Total views