Sponsored

SoCal Broncos

Starting the conversation for past, present and future SoCal Bronco owners. Lets go!
Hello everyone,

Just joined the group. Just picked up my Wildtrak today, so I’m looking forward to learning from everyone. Has anyone done the Roadeo? If so, which location, and was it worth it?
Show full message

Attachments

Reactions: TrailRaider
805BaseSquatch
805BaseSquatch
I havent been able to go, but really want to. Everyone says it is a great experience and highly recommends it. Some of the guides that work off roadeo come to other events where I've been part of trail drives and they are great! Vegas and Moab both get great reviews, Moab trails can get very crowded at certain times of the year. The Vegas one is on private property which is a bonus.
Offroad Newb
Offroad Newb
Welcome! I am booked to go to the Vegas one in March. Looking forward to it!
Felix808
Felix808
The Rodeo is worth going, but not so much if you are paying the extra baggage for guest as it's overpriced at best. It will give you an opportunity to get more familiar with the vehicle. I went to the Nevada one at the time.
H20Surfer
Appreciate the insight. It sounds like I need to take a trip to the Roadeo.
KT_bronco
KT_bronco
I ran the Vegas off-rodeo as well having very little experience. It's really nice to be able to get non-bs advice directly from an instructor. When I went there was only 1 other couple so we got plenty of attention from the guide. Plus the property where they host is pretty cool.
dametime
dametime
I went to the vegas off-rodeo & it was amazing. I have little off-roading experience and was able to learn a ton about the vehicle and just off-roading in general. if they give you the choice, I would go to Diego as the instructor, he lets us go fast on the trails and is fun to be around 🤙🏽
Icypu
Icypu
I went to both Moab and Vegas offroadeos. The Moab one takes you straight out on a trail after explaining the basics. They also explain basic self recovery. All the cool modes like swbar disco are demoed on a trail. Vegas in comparison has an obstacle course then a 1 mile drive through a riverbed and up and down an incline at a boy scout camp. One advantage is in Vegas I learned the secret ultra low hill descent control setting but I forgot how to do it!
BluBronco
BluBronco
@Icypu there is a button on the goat mode dial to put it in hill descend mode. Then you can toggle the speed with the up and down directional pad on the steering wheel while removing your foot from the brake pedal.
Felix808
Icypu
Icypu
@Felix808 thanks! This was it u get a 0.5mph crawl. Its super low.
BroncoJoerg
BroncoJoerg
I went to Moab. Can’t recommend it enough for both noobs and experienced off-roaders.
PullMeOverRed22
PullMeOverRed22
I haven't taken advantage of the roadeo yet, but I'm thinking about NV in Sept. Glad to hear that it is worth it.
Arrowbear Rider
Arrowbear Rider
I did Las Vegas, it was great and I was able to drive there, do it and drive home to South OC in one day. I don't recommend that for the faint of heart, I was going to dry camp nearby. But during the dinner part of the event, I figured that if I stayed for the fun, music and fellow Bronco owners by the campfire, and then went out to find a spot, by the time I actually laid down to sleep I'd be almost home if I left then and I could sleep in my own bed. Traffic on a Saturday night going to SoCal was moving fast and I was home in no time.

LV is on private property and it's a great site, Moab is on public lands and a great way to experience Moab, but I would make that a week long trip and wheel Moab and visit the NP if doing that one; make it a vacation. Did it for last year's safari and it's 800 miles each way. In a Bronco you can choose MPG or time, it's posted 80 MPH in Utah, so your choice is to burn more fuel and go 80 (all or most of the way), burning an extra tank of fuel but with proper timing can save two hours ... Or more if you avoid Sunday traffic from LV to SoCal. Or, keep it between 65 & the low 70s, maybe middle 70s and save a tank of fuel at a two hour plus time expense.

Share this group

Quick Overview

Category
BRONCO CLUBS / GROUPS
Language
English (US)
Total members
Total events
Total views