Sponsored

Bay Area Broncos

Here we go with the new G.O.A.T’s of the bay!!
Daktari
is anyone here familiar with the OHV park by Livermore? I've never been and can't find much info online, looks like it's mostly geared towards bikes and quads and all that, are there some trails to take a Bronco on and practice some things, check out how all the settings and modes etc work? It looks like parts of it are closed from last year's fires too, but if it's a nice park with some fun trails or obstacles it might make for a fun weekend destination once I have my Bronco. Might actually just check it out with my truck soon, but if you've been there I'd appreciate some info!
Show full message
Chief1301
Chief1301
I haven't been to Carnage in years. But I'm pretty sure there's still just a small obstacle area, sand & mudd pit. 4WD vehicles can't go on the hills / trails. Hollister is much better, lots of trails. But Hollister is a long drive.
Reactions: Daktari
Daktari
Daktari
@Chief1301 thanks! I might just check it out one of these days, wanted to see how the burn areas are recovering and that's in that area. Could be fun close by spot to see if all the tech actually works and play around a bit. Hollister is a bit of a haul, but I'll probably do that too someday. There's also some park in the Sacramento area. Got a couple more months to make plans.
calgecko
calgecko
Carnegie! Haven't been there in a long time, but up outside Sacramento, we have Prairie City.... I think there's also an OHV park in the Sonoma area
Gene Dios
Gene Dios
There are a few YouTube vids where you can see a bit of it.
Reactions: Daktari
View previous replies…
Daktari
Daktari
@Gene Dios oh, this is great, thank you! Looks like a great place to play around with the goat modes and just practice and get used to the new rig. Thank you!
Daktari
Daktari
looks like some fun obstacles in the 2nd video, thanks! I'll visit before I get my Bronco, see what my old Taco can do. Looks like some fun obstacles to play and practice and try the different modes on, thanks again!
murphtron
murphtron
@Gene Dios I like the Tacoma videos. Those manufactured obstacles look like good practice. The Hollister OHV has a good practice area and a number of trails of differing difficulties. The Driving School run their off road courses from there.
Carbnight
Carbnight
I might have to stop there after pickup day!!!!
Carbnight
Carbnight
We should plan a meet up when we have our rigs!!!
calgecko
calgecko
Here's a handful of videos from some of my trips out with my new ZR2 Bison I bought in December - all relatively close to Sacramento area.

Here's a video I did with my ZR2 out at Latrobe rd and Prairie City here in Sacramento

Another trip to Latrobe rd:

Dried up river bed in Esparta -

2 different trips to Slate Mountain trail drive with local overloading group in Sacramento;

Mormon Emigrant Trail (MET) for some snow:

Another trip to Prairie City before I had my truck:
Daktari
Daktari
great videos, thanks! Nice to see there are some playgrounds not too far away! Not much in trails in the Bay Area as far as I know.

Share this group

Quick Overview

Category
BRONCO CLUBS / GROUPS
Language
English (US)
Total members
Total events
Total views