Sponsored

Bay Area Broncos

Here we go with the new G.O.A.T’s of the bay!!
Walnut Creek Ford peeps, have any of you received any correspondence about your Broncos? I’ve emailed the dealership a couple times trying to get an kind of info on my order…crickets 😒.
Show full message
fronc
fronc
I went through Towne Ford in Redwood City. Build date is scheduled for 6/23! Anyone else in the bay area got a build date yet? Delivery date?
WantSumBronc
WantSumBronc
Hey dude, are you using Shahram’s alternate/new email which he started using a month or two back? He is typically pretty responsive, happy to continue the conversation with you on direct message if you like.
Pharm351
Oh crap! I had no idea of that.
Pharm351
Honestly, I haven’t tried phoning him 🥴
Daktari
Daktari
I was told I'm #41 of 80 allocations. Also was told that most of those in front of me are similar fully loaded BL/WT/FE, kind of what I expected with all the money floating around this town, so who knows when I'll get mine. I was surprised that apparently 40 others reserved before me (4 hours after the reveal approx), but apparently there are lots of Bronco fans here.
I haven't asked anything else in a while, Shahram won't know more than what I can find out here, don't need to know if my order is "under review", don't really need a build week, just let me know when it's built and waiting for shipment so I can schedule things. For now I'm pretty confident that I'll get mine this year and made other plans for the next months where it would just be sitting in my driveway all alone, I'm fine with the way things are going for now. Autumn would be nice, but I sat outside in shorts and t-shirt in December, so it'll be fun then too to take the roof panels off :)
Pharm351
I just have a base 2.3 MT with modular bumper on order. I assume it’s the MIC top that’s holding things up? 🤷🏽‍♂️
Daktari
Daktari
@Pharm351 that seems to be the big thing still, looks like they're getting their act together at that plant, but full swing might be a bit longer. I have the MIC too and I'm not changing to maybe speed things up. I'll get it when I get it.
murphtron
murphtron
Shahram sent an email to everyone yesterday. Just a generic update. But appreciated.
Daktari
Daktari
yes, looking forward to test drive their incoming WT. It'll be a while before I can test drive the one I ordered, LOL.
BLMike
BLMike
Shahram has been very polite and responsive to my inquires. Though I don’t ask him everyday for updates. :) My build date keeps shifting but I think I will have a Bronco in my driveway sometime in August. Maybe September. It is what it is. @Daktari I’m 22 out of 80. I got lucky I guess.
Daktari
Daktari
I'm in no rush, driving a rental stick shift around Bavaria right now, would have no use for a Bronco in my driveway anyways, shortly after we return school starts up again and I'll not be able to go on road trips either for a while.
I did change to soft top now, since Shahram confirmed that I won't be scheduled before Setp, so I'll get my free HT kit installed. Soft top could look better, but I don't really care, the easy open and close will be so much better than panels to deal with, especially in the Bay Area and Karl the Fog screwing up warm day's evenings, LOL.
Reactions: BLMike
View previous replies…
murphtron
murphtron
@Daktari congrats! I’m gonna talk with Shahram tomorrow
Daktari
Daktari
@murphtron I might add, I have just about all of the other 'sins', BL, 'squatch, 2.7, Lux, tow. I guess all the now "parked" MIC top builds made mine move up the line quite a bit. Even with a night one res I was #40 on the original allocations they have at WC Ford. And last I mailed with him, they had only delivered 3 so far. That's gonna change quickly now apparently, good for us!
Rubicon 2 Badlands
Rubicon 2 Badlands
BLMike
BLMike
Bavaria - my Dad’s home state. Have fun! I was just informed I am now 8/17 build week.
Daktari
Daktari
@BLMike it's where I'm from, grew up outside of Nuremberg, we're usually over there once a year.

I got my build week today! Week of Aug 30. Exciting!
BLMike
BLMike
Nuremberg is my Dads birthplace. Been there many times. I’m CA born but both parents from Germany. Obviously our build weeks are now in limbo! :-(
Reactions: Daktari
Daktari
Daktari
@BLMike that's funny, it's a great town, went to college there too, hometown is a little village next to Erlangen.
Yeah, I got "my" build week this week, but I fully expect that to shift around. But overall I'm confident that things will move along now, bummer for those caught on the dirt lot with a built rig, but a couple more weeks and they all will hopefully get one with a good roof they don't have to worry about.
Reactions: BLMike

Share this group

Quick Overview

Category
BRONCO CLUBS / GROUPS
Language
English (US)
Total members
Total events
Total views