Sponsored

Sac Bronco Club

Sacramento, CA (and surrounding areas) Bronco enthusiasts
CodaMojo
Hey SBC Has anyone went to off rodeo yet? I am thinking Moab or Vegas? If you did go (especially Moab) ,where did you stay?
Show full message
da_jokker
Literally just got back last night with the family from being in Moab. I don't know about Vegas, but for Moab, for me, the real benefit was that I got to go on real trails and do some pretty impressive real rock crawling (for a noobie). Brian said the trail was about a 4/5 with a few of the obstacles being a 5/6. Loved getting the Bronco up on 3 wheels :)

Part of me really wanted to go to the New Hampshire one because that kind of off-roading would better match what you would see in the Sacramento area, but totally glad I chose Moab.

Took 2 days to drive there, and we stayed actually in Moab (Moab Downtown Hotel) for 4 day @ $180 per night instead of the way overpriced $300 for Red Cliff.

It's about 30 minutes between Moab and the off rodeo which is out in the middle of nothing. So do you plan on staying for more than just the rodeo, you definitely don't want to stay at the Red lodge because it is literally nothing to do there.

I didn't get very many pics because I was driving solo the whole time. Here is a good one but no where's close to the steepness of rocks we crawled up and down.

20210915_110447.jpg
Natai
Natai
Haven't scheduled yet, but leaning towards Vegas.
Every location offers something different, so I don't know that any of them are objectively better. For us, it's coming down to family and ease of access. I've got a brother in law in Vegas, so that will help get the wife excited for the trip. And it's much easier to catch a cheap flight from SMF to Vegas than travelling to Moab.

We're planning to stay at the recommended Red Rock resort. Looks like a nice place, and the discount you get for booking via the link from Off Roadeo is like 50% off their rates.
CodaMojo
CodaMojo
I want to do Moab @da_jokker but your right about the remoteness and since I teach, I would have to plan around breaks (Christmas/ spring). I have in-law in Ut but they are about 4 hrs out. But I definitely want to take a trip up there in the future.
CodaMojo
CodaMojo
@Natai i will probably hit the Vegas run as quick access to flights. I need to set up for spring break (my district is 2nd week of April). 😄🤞🏽
Reactions: Natai

Share this group

Quick Overview

Category
BRONCO CLUBS / GROUPS
Language
English (US)
Total members
Total events
Total views