Sponsored

Michigan Bronco Club

Members from the Mitten and the U.P.
Mattwings
Bronco "Meet Up" update. Dec. 11th Holly Oaks (SE MI)

Far anyone that wants to meet up and do some wheeling, it looks like December 11th at Holly Oaks might be a good day to get together before the park closes until spring. I am going to plan to be there at 10AM and wheel around for a couple of hours. Anyone that's interested, just let the group know.

https://www.oakgov.com/parks/parksandtrails/holly-oaks-orv-park/Pages/default.aspx

Show full message
gjproducer
gjproducer
I'm in! (whenever my Bronco gets here) lol.
Mattwings
Mattwings
@gjproducer If it's not in yet, you can ride with one of us I am sure. Your welcome to drive mine as well (within reason of course).
gjproducer
gjproducer
@Mattwings Thanks - I am remembering a good conversation I had with one of my friends. He is extremely busy realtor and I asked if he was going to get a lawn service for his house. His reply was "Hell no. You think I'd let another man cut my lawn? Mine as well let him bang my wife too." lol. In all seriousness I appreciate the offer!
Mattwings
Mattwings
@gjproducer I would be much more likely to let you drive my car than mow my lawn! I totally get it and I probably wouldnā€™t drive someone elseā€™s personal Bronco either, but I thought I would offer!
Cyburr
Cyburr
I would love to go! Although I work until 3pm... I am right down the street at Szott Ford so I could run up quick right after, unless that's too late. Very new to this so I still need a mount/flag as well.
Mattwings
Mattwings
@Cyburr I can put together a mount for you, you can buy a flag (mount too, but not as slick as mine) at the park.
Cyburr
Cyburr
@Mattwings Much appreciated! I'll take a mount from ya! And I'll grab a flag there.
Mattwings
Mattwings
If the afternoon works better, I am sure I can make it work, just up to everyoneā€™s interest and availability.
Reactions: Cyburr
yeet
yeet
Down for 12/11 in the morning or afternoon
ScoutandBronco
ScoutandBronco
Still no Bronco but at least I got my production date and VIN email today for 1/17 barring any changes. So pumped!
ychami
How are you mounting the flag to the Bronco?
Mattwings
Reactions: ychami
Mattwings
Mattwings
I think I have enough flat bar to make two or three more mounts, I will do as many as I can and bring them with me if someone needs one.
Reactions: Motor City Lifer
ychami
@Mattwings my bronco will have the 2022 capable bumper, so I'm assuming I will need to attach it to the front recovery hooks. I'm 100% a noob to off-roading but looking forward to learning.
Berwolf
Berwolf
Put it in my calendar.
Reactions: yeet
GTPrincessa
Putting that date on my calendar also! Newbie here also, but looking forward to learning a few things. Will be first off-road experience with the Bronc.
Motor City Lifer
Motor City Lifer
I'm in! I will need a mount as well If there are any still available. @Mattwings I can toss a few $$ at your for parts/labor on a bracket. If all are spoken for I can try and come up with another solution.
What type of recovery gear is essential for a novice off road expedition?
Reactions: yeet
Mattwings
Mattwings
If you have a modular bumper, I have three extras I made up (one looks good, the other too have two extra mount holes, because I was apparently intoxicated when I drilled the first two). They are free to whoever wants/needs them. I already had the flat bar and paint I needed for the first one. I think Dec. 11th is still the date and if it is good for the group, I am thinking 2PM. That gives us three hours of time to mess around and Cyburr can make it after work.
Emrys
Emrys
Dang, I have plans to go on the 12th with friends. I'm not sure if I can make it two days in a row but I'll try!

Post more videos if you got them of some Broncos at Holly Oaks! I'm all about it!
Mattwings
Mattwings
Come on both days, it will be fun! Never know when we will be shut down with snow?
  • Haha
Reactions: Emrys
VelocityBronco
VelocityBronco
For those that have been to Holly Oaks before, what PSI do you recommend to run the tires at? I ask because I have the screw on tire deflators and would like to set them up beforehand to save some time.
BroncoAW
BroncoAW
I run mine at 20-25 psi others have ran it with 30 I believe
Mattwings
Mattwings
I ran 30.
VelocityBronco
VelocityBronco
So the 18psi I have them set at is a tad low...I will adjust them this week. Planning on coming down unless weather turns bad.
Mattwings
Mattwings
I donā€™t think it would hurt anything going lower, just didnā€™t need to when I was there. They have air on site to re-fill, I wasnā€™t sure when I got there if they did, so I left enough to drive to a gas station if I needed to.
jakefoley
jakefoley
I would love to make it out to this. I have never off roaded before or been to this park. I have a Big Bend, will this handle this park?
BroncoAW
BroncoAW
Last time we went, yeet has a OBX and we were all impressed with how it did out there. I would say you should be just fine to go out.
EcoBco
EcoBco
For those who have been to holly oaks before. Is it open or trails? If they have trails, are they narrow? I hate trail scratches on the paint lol
BroncoAW
BroncoAW
@EcoBco itā€™s pretty open you should be fine
EcoBco
EcoBco
@BroncoAW Awesome, thank you! I am not looking to scratch her all up lol
Mattwings
Mattwings
I avoided the tightest trail, I already have a bit of pinstriping, but I try to keep it to a minimum!
Reactions: EcoBco

Share this group

Quick Overview

Category
BRONCO CLUBS / GROUPS
Language
English (US)
Total members
Total events
Total views