Yeti II
Hey ya'all that have your bucking Bronco.....how is it in the snow?????? ☃❄🌨
Show full message
Broncogirl66
Broncogirl66
This snow is making it harder waiting , I wanna play lol
Mattwings
Mattwings
Seemed good last night, we played a bit, but my daughter was driving. It was her first time off road and thought she would get stuck, but it powered through the sand and snow as expected!
Broncogirl66
Broncogirl66
Awesome, how old is your daughter? My Dad took us out when we started driving and made sure we knew what we were doing in the snow and how to handle different situations . Thank you, brought back a warm memory lost my dad to cancer 10 years ago , way to young. Wish he was here to share this with.
gj45
Last night I switched into 'slippery' mode, tested the brakes, hit the gas...I'm sure the smile on my face said it all! I'm ready for deeper snow! Have fun, be safe, in the Winterwonderland!
hungrylikethewolf
hungrylikethewolf
Don't have mine yet, but for those that sprung for the Advanced 4x4, I am curious if the 4A setting has been beneficial.
Mattwings
Mattwings
I definitely like it. We had mixed snow, ice, wet and dry roads yesterday and 4A is set and forget it in those conditions. I will let you know what I think after the ride home today. We are caravaning with our Explorer and Bronco home after Thanksgiving and the roads are snow covered here as we pack up.
jwoobs
jwoobs
I took it last night, just a couple times around the block.

I turned off advance track and left it in 2H. Had no problem stepping the rear end out 😈. Having said that though, I could still hear the ESC module activating. I don't know if it was torque vectoring or what.

Turned ESC back on and it was plenty aggressive at bringing it back under control.

Then I went to 4H and it has no problem getting up to speed.

The black diamond general grabbers are 3PMS winter rated and were okay. Definitely not as good as dedicated snow tires, but good enough for the urban winter driving I do.

I'd love to get a set of Black Diamond alloys, then put some blizzaks on the steelies.
Mattwings
Mattwings
I drove about two hours with 4A on yesterday. The conditions were mixed and changed the entire drive. Slippery mode automatically engaged 4A and that was the mode I stayed in until the roads were consistently wet vs. slush. The mileage took a bit of a hit and you could feel some driveline "drag" when going into or out of 4A/Slippery. We passed vehicles in a wreck (coming over a frozen bridge) and several driving well under 50mph due to the slick conditions. I thought it was excellent and noticeably better than 4H in terms of driving dynamics. Leaving the front and rear axles available to spin at different rates can be very beneficial when steering and braking is as important as forward traction. 4H "locks" the axles at the same speed, which can induce some funky steering and braking performance. Our Explorer did great too, it has new 3 peak rated tires and full time auto AWD. My 20 year old son drove it (also in snow/slippery mode) and said it felt confident the whole way.
Reactions: EcoBco
EcoBco
EcoBco
@Mattwings I noticed the same driveline "drag" when in 4A but was impressed with how slippery mode worked

Share this group

Quick Overview

Category
BRONCO CLUBS / GROUPS
Language
English (US)
Total members
Total events
Total views