Sponsored

Michigan Bronco Club

Members from the Mitten and the U.P.
Mattwings
I did my second stereo upgrade, adding an Audio Control LC2I and old MTX amp I had in my basement collecting dust. I also replaced the 6.5” speakers (after prior replacement of the 4” dash speakers and adding a passive crossover to limit the bass to the dash). If anyone is doing similar upgrades, let me know and I can walk you through what I learned in the process.

It is louder (hopefully loud enough to hear with the top/doors off) and sounds way better. I will be swapping the amp and adding a sub to the mix as well. I figured I would try this configuration and see how it sounded 😃

Show full message
JakeC
JakeC
Looks nice. Curious if you’re concerned about water risks if you ever wash out the floor.

What does the LC21 profile? The cross-over?
Mattwings
Mattwings
I didn’t love where I had to put it, definitely at more risk from a water perspective. I may eventually relocate everything behind the rear cargo area trim. It just makes and adjustment or alteration a pain if it’s behind those panels. The Audi Control LC2I is a line output converter that also has some basic processing through a “bass restoration” functionality that’s designed to replace bass altered by many factory stereos. It also serves as the remote turn on for the amp. Overall it’s pretty slick for $100. So far I have about $400 into the audio system and I would say it’s much better than stock, not quite as full sound as the B&O. Adding a sub and amp will be about $300 (building my own cabinet) and then should exceed the B&O in sound quality and quantity. If my time was worth anything, the LUX package would probably have been cheaper 🤑
  • Haha
Reactions: JakeC
JakeC
JakeC
Awesome. I’m thinking about the plug-n-play MTX mini amp + “wiring harness # 7” someone posted around here.

Just upgraded my 4 4” speakers. Turns out an did *not* have the right wiring adapter, so just stripped and plugged right into the Ford plug. Works, but I’m unsure if they’re out of phase. Do you know of a good way to check for that?

Do you need some kind of DSP to check for that?
Mattwings
Mattwings
No, just look for a wiring diagram . A couple of threads on B6g (stereo install threads) have them. They are wired in series, but you can follow the schematic and figure it out. Send it to me if you can’t and I will figure it out.
Reactions: JakeC

Share this group

Quick Overview

Category
BRONCO CLUBS / GROUPS
Language
English (US)
Total members
Total events
Total views