Sponsored

Michigan Bronco Club

Members from the Mitten and the U.P.
AlleganArea51
Where are the soft-top owners placing the ORV stickers? I put last year's on the bumper, which lasted about 14 seconds before it came off. I'm slightly nauseated at the thought of putting a sticker on that beautiful paint. Thoughts?
Show full message
Reactions: VelocityBronco
Mattwings
Mattwings
I have a hard top, but I know it’s been a subject of some discussion. You only have to be careful about it being visible and “permanently affixed “. I just looked at pictures of the last soft top I went out with and I didn’t see his mounted at all, lol 🤫
Reactions: VelocityBronco
VelocityBronco
VelocityBronco
@Mattwings thanks for not calling me out!
I also had by '21 stickers on the bumper. Lasted a day at Holly Oaks, but came off during power washing after...
Mattwings
Mattwings
It’s not always obvious in the regulations, but In MI you only need the stickers on a plated vehicle, in certain situations. ORV Routes and Scramble areas for the most part. But Holly Oaks, Silver Lake, St. Helens etc. for sure.
VelocityBronco
VelocityBronco
I just put my '22 stickers on and put them on the bottom drivers corner of the soft top rear window. I thought about putting them on the tailgate, but didn't like that at all.
PXL_20220412_164223114.jpg
Mattwings
Mattwings
Mattwings
Jmschultz22
Jmschultz22
I bought blank auto magnets from Amazon, put my stickers on there and cut it out. Held great and just take on and off as needed.
EcoBco
EcoBco
I put mine on the bumper in December and luckily they are still there. I couldn't bring myself to put it on the paint. I was thinking about getting a rear license plate relocation bracket just for ORV stickers.
jwoobs
jwoobs
Get some xpel or other PPF, put it on the tailgate, then put the stickers on top of that.
Reactions: Mattwings
View previous replies…
VelocityBronco
VelocityBronco
@etmccaus86 Search on Amazon, you can get xpel kits in different widths and lengths. I was thinking of buying a roll to do my A pillars.
jwoobs
jwoobs
@etmccaus86 I bought mine direct from Xpel when getting the door and rocker panel kit. FWIW I have a hardtop so just put my stickers on the rear glass, but if I had a softop I would be putting it on top of PPF on the tailgate.
@VelocityBronco I planned on doing the same thing to mine, but the roll is still sitting in my garage lol. It's definitely a lot easier to put on the pre-cut kits.
VelocityBronco
VelocityBronco
@jwoobs At the time the $115 kit from Xpel seemed high for a little bit film, and a 6"x84" roll for $28 seemed like a better option. Re-thinking it now, the pre-cut kit is probably worth it...and I might be doing that soon.
With the rocker panel kit, what does it cover? The website has no descriptions or actual pictures.
Mattwings
Mattwings
22 Stickers are required now too btw. I need to figure out a swap process when I get my MIC 2.0 top this summer.
VelocityBronco
VelocityBronco
@Mattwings Don't they remove the glass from your 1.0 top and install it in the 2.0 top? So any sticker you have on the glass should be ok.
Mattwings
Mattwings
I think you are right, although at the start of the recall, it had them ordering glass. Now I can sticker away without fear.

Share this group

Quick Overview

Category
BRONCO CLUBS / GROUPS
Language
English (US)
Total members
Total events
Total views