Sponsored

Michigan Bronco Club

Members from the Mitten and the U.P.
ScoutandBronco
Made a last minute trip out a Yankee Springs (between Grand Rapids and Kalamazoo) with a friend (Jeep Gladiator) who had been out before on the two tracks through the state grounds. Relatively mild ride with the exception of a short muddy hill section and a double water crossing. He had been through it but said it was a good 8-12 inches deeper this time (after we went through he said this) with the recent rain. He knew it was gravel bottom but there was a butt pucker moment on the 2nd water crossing (42 sec in) with a deep hole in the middle we didn't know about. Send the hood diving and scared the s*!t out of me. Bud made it through and here to talk about it.

Unfortunately, there isn't good video of me going through the tougher one since I went first. I sat up a little higher then them so problem wasn't quite as deep. Bronco did great! I went through with lockers engaged and glad I did. Didn't want to get stopped part way through. No water in and no check engines, noises, or warnings. Very impressed!

Show full message

Attachments

vzqhsg
vzqhsg
Can you give location details??
ScoutandBronco
ScoutandBronco
@vzqhsg It is on the East side of Yankee Springs. Coordinates are below. Hart trail off of S. Whitmore Rd south of Chief Noonday Rd/ 179.
Rutland Charter TwpMichigan
42.624099, -85.412486
JakeC
JakeC
ScoutandBronco
ScoutandBronco
@JakeC Yes and Yes. Its state or county land and public 2 tracks. Used for hunters in the fall to get to their spots. Not great maps online or anything but most did show up on GAIA app. The coordinates above are for the water hole but trails are all around the area. I've heard of more in Middleville north of hear but haven't explored it yet.
Reactions: JakeC
VelocityBronco
VelocityBronco
I grew up 20 minutes from there....but was never into offroading at the time. There is a pretty good mountain bike trail not far from there as well.
I might have to check this trail out next time I am down there. Thanks!
Reactions: ScoutandBronco
ScoutandBronco
ScoutandBronco
@VelocityBronco I grew up in Portage and have biked and hiked it as well. There were a fair amount of two tracks so worth a half day visit. Again, nothing tough except the bloated water hole from the rain. I've heard Allegan County has a lot as well.

Share this group

Quick Overview

Category
BRONCO CLUBS / GROUPS
Language
English (US)
Total members
Total events
Total views