Sponsored

Michigan Bronco Club

Members from the Mitten and the U.P.
Mattwings
I have seen this question come up with our group and in lots of other forums. I did a quick detailing of my permanent Bronco recovery equipment and my “off-road” box I take wheeling. Take a look on the club forum and let me know what I missed-
https://michiganbroncos.club/forums/viewthread/27/

Show full message
BroncoAW
BroncoAW
For me it would be a taller Jack lol, I swapped out my spare and the hydraulic Jack seemed to short. I had to air down the spare a bit to get it on. Which makes me think the scissor Jack in the back is not going to do anything unless I have a couple pieces of wood to make it higher
Mattwings
Mattwings
Good call. I do carry a couple of 12” treated 2”x6”, but it’s probably not enough, especially off road.
BroncoAW
BroncoAW
I’m on the fence with either a bottle Jack because it takes up less space but still may need the wood or a farm Jack, I still need to do more research because the one bottle Jack I saw on Amazon seems like it would do the job. I definitely need a larger hydraulic Jack for at the house though
Mattwings
Mattwings
I had a farm jack on my Jeep. I never used it and wasn’t 100% confident in it. They are a bit wonky and need the base extension to really work here in the sand. I think a bottle jack and extension is the call for me 👍🏽
AZ23
AZ23
What radios do people run for the different group trips? Looking to get one but not at all familiar with what would be recommended
Mattwings
Mattwings
We use FRS channel 7 as a club channel and 16 is a common off road general use channel. See the MI Bronco Club write up on my recent upgrade for at least one idea. BTW, I have used the radio in the post on three club rides and it’s much better than the blister pack radios. https://michiganbroncos.club/forums/viewthread/14/ Feel free to post any questions there or PM me.
Reactions: AZ23
Mattwings
Mattwings
I usually ring a couple of extra FRS radios. I am still down one @Cyburr 🤔

Share this group

Quick Overview

Category
BRONCO CLUBS / GROUPS
Language
English (US)
Total members
Total events