Sponsored

Michigan Bronco Club

Members from the Mitten and the U.P.
Gr8Hortoni
Where would you be going/what would you be doing Labor Day weekend with your bronco?

I would probably be doing a day long trail ride north. I’ve got White Cloud to Mesick mapped with less than 10 miles on pavement. Maybe stop at Chase Creek Smokehouse for lunch, or ride right through to Mesick then over to Boone’s for the famous Prime Rib.

Or perhaps I’d do a couple days in Grayling and ride the trails and ranges (if they aren’t running drills. Funny story for another time), set camp up for the weekend at River Park Campground.

just a couple of my adventures I’ve done before and can’t wait to do again with my Bronco.
What’s your idea of a holiday excursion?
Show full message
Philly
Philly
I would probably head to the dunes for a day and spend the rest of the weekend on the lake at home, or head way up north for some light trail riding and camping... Don't want to beat on it too much right out of the gate.
ChrisKz
ChrisKz
I'd probably visit Holly Oaks. Close to home so I don't have to fight traffic too much to get there / home and still have time to do some other activities. Maybe cruise up and down Woodward with no doors or top.
Gr8Hortoni
Gr8Hortoni
@ChrisKz you ever done silver lake on a holiday weekend? That’s what I foresee Holly Oaks being like, a mad house.
I would definitely avoid parks on a holiday, but I hate people, so ??‍♂.
  • Haha
Reactions: Philly
ChrisKz
ChrisKz
@Gr8Hortoni Yes, years ago and have avoided holidays there since. I would anticipate it being pretty busy but it might be fun to check out on a busy weekend, once.

I could be wrong, but from what I've seen of the videos of Holly Oaks, it is more trail than open space, especially compared to Silver Lake. That might help with the chaos but we'll find out in a few weeks.
Gr8Hortoni
Gr8Hortoni
I’d like to take off on a Wednesday or Thursday and go to holly for a day. Avoid the crowds. I agree seeing it once to check out everything, but after that I’m done.

I think there are a few large scramble areas there, but it would be nice if it was more trail based. I still prefer trailing from A to B, getting somewhere rather than going in a circle. Definitely worth the trip north and/or west for you Detroit guys every time. I used to do it regularly from the Lansing area. Good trail atlases do you wonders.
Mattwings
Mattwings
@Gr8Hortoni I love Boone’s. I have a friend with a house on Long Lake and 500 acres of land between Long Lake and Lake Ann that I have hunted and played on since I was a kid. That area would be tops on my list for a Bronco trip. Looks like today I am going to ride my DR350 for a bit to get some wind on my face, since it’s a bit chilly and windy for the Sea Doos or boat here in Tawas today.
Gr8Hortoni
Gr8Hortoni
Gr8Hortoni
Gr8Hortoni
Definitely a great way to explore and enjoy some wheeling without the crowds at the parks.
Bronco1951
Bronco1951
Are these the best two ORV trail books (atlases) for Michigan you've found?
Gr8Hortoni
Gr8Hortoni
Yes. I have one other atlas that’s so so. These have the most detail by far.

Share this group

Quick Overview

Category
BRONCO CLUBS / GROUPS
Language
English (US)
Total members
Total events
Total views