Sponsored

Kansas Bronco Club

Kansas group for all things Bronco!
gaspasm
Fun story. ‘Pepe’. My 2dr sas. Driving down countrygravel roads 35-40mph in SE KS. Instant blow out! Didn’t see anything i would have hit - sounded like a shotgun and instant alarms from Pepe - plus back end dropped FAST! 🤬🤔. Thats not good. FYI - Pepe handled the blow out well. No loss of control. Not sure what it would have done on pavement. Back/passenger rear tire. Long story short- the scissor jack works on nice flat area Wouldn’t want to use on a trail
And don’t let your tire blow out in the middle of nowhere when the heat index is pushing 108f.
Other stupid question! I can easily see front jack points. WTF is the rear. I was hot/pissed -and tired at that point and didn’t really care. Second stupid ? Does having ‘Pepe’ in 4A help when that happens? Auto computer control of other 3 wheels. Not a gearhead but that just occurred to me. All is good - just out a new tire! PSS. Those Tires are Frickin heavy 🥸🏴‍☠️😎
Attachments
Show full message

Attachments

BingoBangoBronco
BingoBangoBronco
Quick question before I respond but do you know what your ture pressure was before the pop? I know my tire pressures have varied greatly and I never had anything pop on the dash I just had to look for myself. I'm running aftermarket wheels and tires and at one point my back left was 20psi more than my other tires which I'd imagine on a hot day in gravel could pop.
The back jack points I've used has been the pumpkin itself and the axel sides. This is how I lifted the bronco to put the kit and wheels on. For the 4A question I don't really know the true answer but I could imagine it could help maintain control just because you're not relying on only the 2 rears for power.
gaspasm
gaspasm
Thinkin 39-40. Guessing I just hit something 🤔 drove back to look at road didn’t see anything in road. Bad luck I guess

Share this group

Quick Overview

Category
BRONCO CLUBS / GROUPS
Language
English (US)
Total members
Total events
Total views