Sponsored

Canadian Bronco Club

Community of Ford Bronco off1road enthusiasts who live in (or are interested in visiting) the great white Canadian north and all it has to offer!
Kayci77
For sale: rock rails from a 4-door Badlands (brand new) and OEM Badlands rims (will be 1 week old by the time I get them swapped out). Asking $350 for the rails and $600 for the rims.

Pickup in Surrey, BC or I'm willing to deliver within the Lower Mainland for a small fee. I'd prefer not to ship. Thanks!
Show full message
JPye
Curious what you replaced your rock rails with. Also, do you have any idea why the OEM Roof Rack is not available for the BL with 2.7L EcoBoost?
Raskew
Raskew
@JPye The Roof Rack is not available for the 2.7 on the Badlands because of the GVWR.
Kayci77
Kayci77
I got the Go Rhino RB20 running boards, mainly for the family. Makes a huge difference and I don't plan on doing anything on the trails that will test the rails :). Sorry, no idea about the roof rack as that wasn't something I was considering.
Reactions: JPye
JPye
My dealership parts dept found out yesterday that the roof rack is not available for the BL 2.7L due to capacity issues. I haven't a clue why that would be. I am probably going to sell mine because I need a roof rack for my kayaks.
Raskew
Raskew
JPye. Relax and look in this forum. There are plenty of aftermarket racks for sale.
JPye
This is what I have learned. “Quite simply by the time you add 2.7 the vehicle just gets too heavy. Other posters are correct, this is 100% a gross vehicle weight/center of gravity issue. With the bash plates, steel bumpers, 35" spare tire, rock rails, 2.7 engine, etc. . . . adding payload weight to the roof can make the vehicle prone to rollovers. All should be aware of this before adding a roof rack, it could potentially be very dangerous.”
Raskew
Raskew
There is a risk, but I assume Ford would have a factor of safety in their calcs and a little over won't be too bad.
JPye
Yeah, I understand engineering safety factors, but if Ford can't certify the rack with the Badlands, I am not going to stick my neck out and ignore them. I am selling my bronco on Monday. Best of luck to you.

Share this group

Quick Overview

Category
BRONCO CLUBS / GROUPS
Language
English (US)
Total members
Total events
Total views