Sponsored

SoCal Broncos

Starting the conversation for past, present and future SoCal Bronco owners. Lets go!
Felix808
Hey guys,
Looking to lead a run through Lockwood Valley & up Miller Jeep Trail on Sat 10/15/22.
Planning to meet at Flying J off Frazier Mountain Rd. 8:30 AM Wheels rolling by 9 AM
This will be a slower pace shake down run, not a bomb run.
Coms will be via GMRS/FRS Ch. 1

Please add name if interested & have the following:

Good attitude
Recovery strap/rope
Shackles.
Good set of all terrain or MT tires 31" minimum,
Pack a lunch & water/drinks - No alcohol please.
Any needed medications
Sun block & bug spray can come in handy.

Hope to see you on the trail :cool:

Event Sign up located here courtesy of BroncoJoerg (y)

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/group-events/miller-jeep-trail-run.50/

Also posted here: https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/lockwood-valley-miller-jeep-trail-run-sat-10-15-22.54240/
Show full message
Reactions: Thurmy7 and Jviz4u
Dimitar
Dimitar
Looked this up and this trail is rated hard. The first part is easier than the last part. How far up are you planning on going?
Felix808
Felix808
All the way up Alamo Mountain & exiting out Hungry Valley OHV Park. It's a good climb up Miller with 2 or 3 good ledges. Lower clearance vehicles will have some scraping, but we'll get you through it. Can also stop at the off road obstacle park on the way out if anyone wants to play out there. This is usually my air up point.
Jviz4u
Jviz4u
@Felix808 I read the Miller trail difficulty can be challenging. Do you think that it fits OBX with 33" with skids?
Felix808
Felix808
@Jviz4u If you have a locker you should be good.
Here is a heads up of what's in store.
Reactions: Jviz4u
Pseudoko
Pseudoko
sounds like fun but i have a wedding to attend that day so wont be able to make it. be safe up there :)
805BaseSquatch
805BaseSquatch
I am a maybe, will confirm in the next week.

Side note on the GMRS you may consider using no privacy code. Not all GMRS manufactures make radios with privacy codes, and it does not prevent others from hearing you. It only prevents you from hearing others not using the "privacy code" on that channel. More info on that here: https://www.k0tfu.org/reference/frs-gmrs-privacy-codes-demystified.html
Felix808
Felix808
I'm still trying to figure out my radio. So far, using a privacy code was the only way I found to end the constant squelch/static & making sure it will talk to my FRS radio that a guy from work will need. I know there is a way to clean it up, but I'm still looking for it.

Hope to see you out there.
View previous replies…
805BaseSquatch
805BaseSquatch
@Felix808 Happy to help you figure out this issue as well. Privacy codes in theory shouldn't have much to do with that. You may be getting some type of interference or the squelch is set incorrectly.
Felix808
Felix808
@BroncoJoerg @805BaseSquatch
Thanks guys, I think I got it. I believe I had the monitor button active. I pushed it again & it went quiet. Radio is MXT575
BroncoJoerg
BroncoJoerg
@Felix808 I'm not sure that alone will do the trick. Take a look at page 9 of your manual where they talk about setting the squelch sensitivity. If you're getting lot of "background noise" and barely understandable transmissions breaking your squelch you might want to adjust that. I usually do that when I'm running with a group since the signal from the other Bronco's should be pretty strong, so cranking up the squelch (i.e. making it less sensitive) blocks out those distant transmissions and lets me just hear those within the group.
BroncoJoerg
BroncoJoerg
BTW, count me in for the Lockwood/Miller Jeep trail run on 10/15. It's been a LONG time since I've been on that trail, so looking forward to it. @Felix808 how many people/Bronco's do you have signed up to go?
  • Love
Reactions: Felix808
Felix808
Felix808
@BroncoJoerg So far you, me & an H2 from work that have committed. Still a couple of maybe's out there. I'm hoping a few more will sign up as it's still early. Either way it'll be a great to get back out there.
I see your from Saugus, that's like down the street from the trail :p
BroncoJoerg
BroncoJoerg
@Felix808 Yup, shouldn't take me long to get there in the morning. if you cross post as an even on here, and maybe also on some other forums you might get more takers. :)
Felix808
Felix808
805BaseSquatch
805BaseSquatch
I will not be able to make it. Going to a concert the night prior, and this is a good couple hour drive from home. Hope to join another time
Felix808
Felix808
You'll be missed. RockOn!

Share this group

Quick Overview

Category
BRONCO CLUBS / GROUPS
Language
English (US)
Total members
Total events
Total views