Sponsored

Bay Area Broncos

Here we go with the new G.O.A.T’s of the bay!!
WhiteTrash
Sorry I haven’t been active, merry Xmas from San Jose.

Made it to HH but learned that the alternator is under the motor, and got towed home after trying a 3ft water pit.

Locking both diffs is really amazing, but I finally got stuck for the first time.

EEDD895A-7EEA-4AE8-A01F-BE0509F4ECF4.jpeg
Show full message
WheelMe
WheelMe
Interesting first post! Looks like your ride's a close-twin to mine.

The published fording depth for a Badlands SAS is 33.5"; a 3-ft. deep mud pit would exceed that and cause you angst, I suppose. I've been in that mud/water hole before (in a different vehicle), and like you, had to reverse out of there, but luckily under my own power.
da_jokker
Sorry to hear about you Alt... Some people swear they go through stuff like this with no issues, but I think they're just lucky. Bronco does not like muddy puddles period!
menikmati
menikmati
Great to see more locals posting their adventures! Looks like HH is pretty muddy after the recent rain.
Sewie
Sewie
Yeah, that pit is deep. Is that the one that caused the alt issue or was it the main mud pit? I've been to HH when it's muddy like that and try to avoid it now.
Reactions: WhiteTrash
WhiteTrash
WhiteTrash
@Sewie it was another pit. You know the upper playground area where the water pit has a wood fence in the center? If you drive by that and hang left at the split, there’s a pit there.
Sewie
Sewie
@WhiteTrash
I think I know where you're talking, but it's been dry every time I've been there lately. Not surprising it's so bad with all the rain we've had.
WhiteTrash
WhiteTrash
@Sewie yeah this was my first time seeing water in it. It was the deepest anywhere at the park.

Share this group

Quick Overview

Category
BRONCO CLUBS / GROUPS
Language
English (US)
Total members
Total events
Total views