Sponsored

Badlands Club

Join if you own or ordered a Badlands
TXBronco1313
Hey all!

I'm a current Big Bend owner but not for long because yesterday I placed an order for a 2 Door Badlands! I did pickup my Big Bend off the lot last year and unfortunately it didn't have all the specs I wanted/was hoping for so I want to make sure the Badlands is going to be my keeper. I'm a huge 2 door fan so I ended up sticking to that. I also went with the cactus gray, 2.7, SAS, and Lux/High Package. I think I maxed it out but I'd like real Badlands owners opinions on what to get/not get so I can modify my order while I can. Attached is the order form. Please let me know your thoughts! Also, given the specs I went with, I'm prepping for a 8 month wait. Any idea if that's about right or if I should be expecting a longer wait? How long did ya'll have to wait for yours?
Show full message

Attachments

DorlanJ
DorlanJ
I'll start from the back end of this: Asking how long someone waited on this forum is begging for a fun time! You're placing a 2024 order, and as such your experience is going to be vastly different from everyone else. I submitted my order in 07/2021 and didn't see my Bronco until 12/2022. Some people reserved their Bronco in summer of '20 and may still be waiting/received it earlier this year.

As for if your 8 months timeline is accurate, that's up to your dealer. My dealer was getting about 10 orders delivered a month at the peak of supply shortages but a friends dealer about 15 miles away was only getting 10 a quarter. Check in with your dealer, ask how many their getting, try and figure out what your position is in their order queue (if you're 10 of 30 orders placed) and that should give you a good idea on timing. Of course, end of the day it's all up to Ford and if they deliver it or not. With the discussions with UAW currently the state they are, we'll see what happens.

Your spec, again mileage will vary. I personally think the 2 door is a great vehicle for a single or for not having kids. Additionally, the Bronco is a great toy vehicle, if you're wanting it as a daily driver for a family, even the 4 door is pushing it where comfort/space goes. I highly encourage you to think about this one if you have a family or plan on having one in the near future.

I have a 4dr, SAS, Lux package with the MGV seats. Absolutely love that spec. Been off-road a few times and the only issues have been self-inflicted. The Bronco handles it all without any issues. I specifically got the spec I did so that I would have to come out of pocket as little as possible, but here are the things I believe would benefit you the most:

1) If you're an audio guy, skip the B&O if you can save the money and pick one of the many audio upgrade threads on here and do that. The B&O is great with the roof and doors on, but as soon as you take anything off it's anemic and thin.
2) Short Antenna. In today's world, unless you have a CB attached to it, what is the point of a 3-4 ft antenna?
3) Rock rail-side step combos. The SAS package puts the Bronco floor at a height that is just uncomfortable for a 6' tall man to get into. While it's not undo-able or inconvenient, it is something that having steps would make easier.
4) Rear gate hinge reinforcement. Without saying, if you are on the trails a lot and you have the 35" tire, the horror stories of buckled tailgates makes you cringe every time you hit a rock or feel a nice jarring movement on the trails. Just cave and do it.
5) Some sort of sun shade if you plan on rocking the roof off every day you get a chance. While I do not mind at all the sun beating down on me, and I make sure to apply sunscreen for any trip over 15 mins, a sun shade over the top would help a lot for longer trips or with passengers who are not as liberal with the sun screen.

Outside of that, the rest of/or any mods are just cosmetic or because you are more adventurous than I am. Even my recommendations are personal based than anything else. As I said earlier, mileage will vary. You may get someone who disagrees with my list of 5, agrees with only the Rock rail-side step, or has a different top 5 list.

Either way, end of the day, bottom line, enjoy your ride (the one you have now and the one you're going to get) and maybe I'll see you on the trails some where!
Mean Green
Mean Green
That is my exact Bronco, only I picked Eruption Green. Good luck with it!

Share this group

Quick Overview

Category
BRONCO CLUBS / GROUPS
Language
English (US)
Total members
Total events
Total views