Sponsored

Michigan Bronco Club

Members from the Mitten and the U.P.
Trustable
Was just curious on the consensus with you guys regarding no mid package with manual on black diamond. The only true thing I wanted from that was the heated seats, but that's not possible by itself. I currently have heated seats in focus, but i do think i could live without them, but that vinyl is gonna be cold at 8am in January.
Show full message
Gr8Hortoni
Gr8Hortoni
Itā€™s killing me. My one hope is they decide to add a cold weather group with seats and wheel to offset my anger. Not holding my breath.
Trustable
Trustable
Yeah, ive started to come to terms with it lol, I made a post in the main forum regarding heated mirrors/rear window. Because to get those on my focus you had to get heated seats. I hope thats not the case.
Gr8Hortoni
Gr8Hortoni
Mattwings
Mattwings
@Gr8Hortoni I was messing around and ended up doing a 4dr 2.7 BB build w/SQ and mid and modular bumper. Itā€™s a pretty stout package for almost exactly $50k. Seems like a better deal than a similar equipped BD at $52k. Funny thing, the vinyl seats and floor are probably cheaper for Ford to make than cloth.
Gr8Hortoni
Gr8Hortoni
You planning on wheeling it or keeping it on road?
Trustable
Trustable
yeah that price is within 1k of mine. I definitely thought about it, but i really like the grabber atx's and i really love the steel wheels.
jdogi
Have the heated seats in my Focus as well. I think there's really only ~10 days per winter, max, where I really appreciate the heated seats. I think I've had them on my last 3 (maybe 4) vehicles, but I really don't know that I would miss them much. With the Bronco, I think my "appreciation days" would definitely go up, as it would make me more likely to pop the top on those cooler early spring and late fall days. I do have a heated vest though that could serve the same purpose.
Reactions: Trustable
Trustable
Trustable
@jdogi i usually run the ac well into winter, but i do AC+ heated seats, maybe if i just do heater it would be better. :p
Gr8Hortoni
Gr8Hortoni
@jdogi not sure how old you guys are, but I just turned 40, and arthritis is a BITCH. Makes you appreciate the heated stuff. Man I want a heated wheel on a package I can justify. Lol.
Reactions: Ksm
Trustable
Trustable
Gr8Hortoni
Gr8Hortoni
I just watched the interior and wheel video, seeing the steelies in person I think they look horrible. Like the base wheels painted black. I really like the standard bb and the optional bd wheels. Fun fact: bb actually has taller tires than bd. 1/2ā€ taller, little over 1/4ā€ narrower.
Trustable
Trustable
@Gr8Hortoni yeah i noticed that, ill have to check out that video again, I heard about the taller tire on the bb, i havent looked into the tire that comes with it yet though. The tread doesnt look as aggressive though imo.
Trustable
Trustable
Can we change trims and keep our place in line? The more I look the better it seems to go BB.
Gr8Hortoni
Gr8Hortoni
If I go bd or bb, I plan to upgrade as soon as a leveling kit is available. 285/75/17. Gives you a 34ā€ tire. Mastercraft makes a courser cxt. A twin to the cooper atp and similar to the Goodyear territory. Everyone says itā€™s a mud terrain, Iā€™m reality itā€™s a multi terrain. A hybrid between the 2. Have the atp on the wifeā€™s Rebel and absolutely love them. So tires are inconsequential for me.
Gr8Hortoni
Gr8Hortoni
Yea you can order whatever trim you want at ordering except for FE.
Reactions: Trustable
Trustable
Trustable
@Gr8Hortoni well i got some time to think at least, I also love the sandstone seats/dash on the BB
Nite93
I'm hoping b&p will be updated to include a mid package with the manual trans. I would think Ford would be losing $$$ with an upgrade into the mid package and auto for $1500.
Gr8Hortoni
Gr8Hortoni
Itā€™s been said, and I think thereā€™s some truth to it, they didnā€™t anticipate the demand for manuals and are trying to deter some people from buying them, at least for 21 until they can catch up production.
Gr8Hortoni
Gr8Hortoni
Iā€™m also wondering if the free upgrade to auto isnā€™t their way of pushing people into it. Itā€™s standard on the ranger and f150 already. At that point youā€™re only 1895 away from 2.7 power.
VelocityBronco
VelocityBronco
You can add heat to factory seats, I think there is a company that makes cooled/heated seat kits, can't think of the name right now. Sucks that is something that needs to be added on after sale though. But don't stress about it if you can add it later on, and possibly get some custom looking seat covers in the process too
VelocityBronco
VelocityBronco
Is the no manual with Mid package confirmed, or just another broken thing in B&P? I am going 2.7/Auto, so I haven't tried to build anything with a manual.
View previous repliesā€¦
VelocityBronco
VelocityBronco
@Trustable from what I read about the manuals, I wouldn't hold those any higher than the auto. I hear the 10 speed is good. I've never had an issue with the 6 speed auto in my F-150.
Gr8Hortoni
Gr8Hortoni
@McCracken I canā€™t post a photo here, but as of now it is confirmed, BL is only model that can have 7 spd with mid, high or lux.
VelocityBronco
VelocityBronco
@Gr8Hortoni I think I may have read that today in all the havoc today...
Nite93
Who all here is/was interested in the BD model?
Gr8Hortoni
Gr8Hortoni
Iā€™m still digging bd for the mg vinyl, but for less money I can get the 2.7 and everything else I loved about the bd in a BB.
Gr8Hortoni
Gr8Hortoni
Still weighing everything out. I was ok with the 2.3 when I HAD to have it to get manual. But if Iā€™m gonna upgrade, might as well get more ho and torque capability. Very easy to get 400 hp/450 tq.
Trustable
Trustable
In regards to the wheels, i dont know why i love the look of the shitty black steelies, but something about them looks so utilitarian and cool to me. the atx's are lasting 50-60k miles, so ill probably throw some method wheels to replace these steelies when i get new tires.
VelocityBronco
VelocityBronco
@Trustable Or put some winter tires on the steels and get some nice rubber on the Methods right away.
Trustable
Trustable
@McCracken yeah not a bad idea, i bought winter tires for my focus this past year, but with the 3 peak mountain rating wasnt sure if it was necessary on the BD because of the ATX. A lot of the reviews also praise its snow/cold performance
Mattwings
Mattwings
The BD without the rock rails included and some of the weird ordering requirements just doesnā€™t seem like the way to go. I was on the fence, wanting cloth seats and rubber floor. BB for me. I will run the factory tires for the 40k they last and upgrade tires, bumpers, winch etc. after Inpaly around stock. 2.7 and locker will be plenty capable.
etmccaus86
etmccaus86
I was wanting to do Big Bend with mansquatch and mid package - it would give me the stick I want with some of the niceties my wife enjoys. Best of both worlds.

Then B&P launched and crapped entirely over these plans. No way in hell I'm paying to step up to Badlands in order to have the privilege of spending another $1400 in content with the Mid pkg.

I know some constraints are a given during a launch, be it supplier issues, or limited capacity, etc - but this just smacks of a total cash grab.

Along with not being able to opt for a stick on a 4-door base, it's killed a lot of the excitement I've had for ordering this vehicle. Ford design and engineering loaded the bases, and marketing/ content folks struck out swinging in the worst possible manner.
sapsey
I am doing big bend with lux package and no heated seats with marine grade anywhere... you can only get it with the leather. I don't think it's a mistake I think they don't think the marine grade will do well with the heaters... seems sus...
Gr8Hortoni
Gr8Hortoni
@sapsey badlands & BD both can do heated seats with the mgv, not sure what youā€™re basing that on?
Gr8Hortoni
Gr8Hortoni
@sapsey and how are you getting Lux on bb?
etmccaus86
etmccaus86
@sapsey I think you're mistaken. Not only can you opt for Mid pkg on BD and Badlands and get the MGV with heated seats on B&P, but there has been confirmation as such elsewhere. Think BN replied to an audience question asking that.

And of course you're not going to see MGV on Big Bend - it's not available. It's a Black Diamond and Badlands exclusive, if memory serves. Lux package is also not available on Big Bend; Mid package is, though...
sapsey
sorry Badlands... no heated seats with marine grade
Screen Shot 2020-11-02 at 8.44.58 AM.png
Gr8Hortoni
Gr8Hortoni
@sapsey mgv available heated in both models.
Gr8Hortoni
Gr8Hortoni
Iā€™m not trying to nitpick or be an ass, just trying to make sure you have the proper information.
sapsey
not nitpicking check out the screenshot above... I hope your right... I can't seem to see how to select it...
etmccaus86
etmccaus86
@sapsey You're looking at it incorrectly. Nowhere in your screen cap is there anything suggesting heated seats are incompatible with MGV. It only shows that ddding leather does also adds heated seats - but you can still add heated seats to a MGV interior if you add the Mid Package.

Here's a screen cap wherein I added Mid Package to a Black Diamond with MGV. Note the line circled in blue.

1604345358029.png
etmccaus86
etmccaus86
@sapsey Since you mentioned "lux package" - note the first line in how Lux adds everything in High Package. Then note how the first line in High package adds everything in Mid package.

So, when you add Lux Package, you're inherently also adding Mid Package - which in turn, gives you those heated seats. Even with MGV surfaces. :)

1604345849942.png
Gr8Hortoni
Gr8Hortoni
sapsey
I think I got it.... thanks thatā€™s awesome I thought I was going to have to give up heated seats and itā€™s cold here in Michigan!
View previous repliesā€¦
Trustable
Trustable
@etmccaus86 Yup, I've accepted no heated seats, to prepare, im not gonna use the heated seats in my focus for winter lol :p
etmccaus86
etmccaus86
@Trustable I'm just gonna install 'em myself.
Really, this just makes me want a base 4-door even more - but since it doesn't seem I can get it with a stick...stuck between a rock and a hard place.
Trustable
Trustable
@etmccaus86 Yeah I feel ya, having never owned a manual, but driven a couple, I do think I would enjoy it, and this may be one of the few vehicles left that can be driven year round and has a manual, if I went auto, I'd be getting the 2.7TT, but that bumps up the 2 door BD to like 42k, thats just with advanced 4x4/tow/mid. I can get the 2door manaul with no mid, but with tow and advanced 4x4 for about 39. The only thing i want from the mid package is heated seats, so I dont think its worth it to get all the other stuff I would probably use, but wouldnt miss. (I'd imagine the BLISS would be nice, but ive lived without it so far)
sapsey
Are you now going to tell me I can get rails with Sasquatch? ??ā­
etmccaus86
etmccaus86
@sapsey Go to B&P and try it for yourself.
That has *NEVER* shown as a conflict for me.

1604365592042.png

1604365622051.png

Share this group

Quick Overview

Category
BRONCO CLUBS / GROUPS
Language
English (US)
Total members
Total events
Total views