Sponsored

N.E Florida Bronco Club

North East Florida Bronco owners dedicated to sharing and enjoying off-road excursions and discussing all things the Ford Bronco has to offer.
question. I have an order confirmed for a Heritage at Bozard Ford since Sept 2023. I just learned that a fresh new order placed in Nov 2023 at Duval Ford is being completed in Jan 24. Should I change dealerships and does anyone know why? Its a Heritage 4 door, with switches and a hitch .2.7 is what I ordered.
Show full message
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf
Duval likely has the allocation to fill that order while Bozard does not. It is worth contacting your salesman at Bozard and trying to get an honest answer about where you are on the allocation list. That will determine if it is worth switching. This week for scheduling though is a Heritage week, so you might get an email on Thursday.
View previous replies…
Beach_Bum
Beach_Bum
@RjnCjn FOMO is real. My first reservation was with Granger (just delivered in May '23). I knew I was in for a wait. But I hadn't realized it would be that long. In August '20, I placed an order with Bozard just to not put all my eggs in one proverbial basket. That order is still in purgatory and there really is no reason why as the Black Diamond has very limited options. But I digress. Only after learning about the adjusted allocation rules for MY'22, it became apparent that my wait with Granger was going to be longer than I wanted. Placed a brand new order with Bill Brown at the end of October '21. Scheduled at the beginning of MY'22 and took delivery shortly afterward. They have the largest allocation in the country, but they only use it for existing/past customers, in-state residents, and influential persons. I didn't meet any of the criteria. But many individuals that received Broncos early for promotional purposes got them from Bill Brown. My one lady friend who has a considerable following on IG referred me. I have no idea how she fit the criteria. For all I know she shares photos via DM with the salesman. I don't care. I'm in and now going forward, I'm in their system. Kicking around the idea of getting a Ranger Raptor, but I'm first trying to tap into a network to get a First Edition Landcruiser.
Reactions: RjnCjn
RjnCjn
@Beach_Bum sounds like a common person like myself is shit out of luck. lol. Congrats on getting it. I have some reserves about it now, the new pricing at 56k, no adative cruise control, and I am starting to wonder with this heat will I ever even take the top and doors completely off and how often.
Beach_Bum
Beach_Bum
@RjnCjn Not sure how long you have lived down south, but our top-down season is now. While the rest of the country enjoys a top-down/topless summer, it is too bloody hot then. If you have a sunrider/skyrider, then you can still take advantage of an early morning summer cruise. But once the sun is up in summer, the heat is oppressive. I see some that are too stubborn to admit that their personal comfort isn't bothered by the summer heat. But the truth of the matter is that they are lying to themselves.

Don't let the ordering get you beat down. The Bronco is well worth the wait. If you are already scheduled at Duval, then you have that to hold on to. Maybe an early spring delivery and you can still enjoy the top-down/topless experience for a bit. Summer doesn't last forever - though it feels like it some years. Before you know it, there will be days like today where it is a little chilly but otherwise gorgeous and no rain in the forecast for a few days. Rest of the northern owners are bundled up. Now is our time to gloat.
Beach_Bum
Beach_Bum
I presume you are scheduled at Duval Ford. Two different orders; two different dealers; two different allocations. Keep both orders. The Duval Ford order might get delayed in scheduling and the Bozard order might get scheduled before. Once one is assigned a VIN (about 10 days before being built) then you can cancel the other order. But I will guarantee that neither dealer will actually cancel the order, but just refund whatever deposit (if any) that you placed. The order will remain in their system and will be put on the lot when built.
RjnCjn
thanks @Beach_Bum . I didnt do that. I didnt put a deposit either at Bozard. Just an email showing my build was confirmed. Do you have a salesman at Duval you would recommend?
Beach_Bum
Beach_Bum
I do not have a contact at Duval Ford. FWIW, Bozard is a good dealership. They handle my service. But they have been using that line "No. 1 dealership in the nation" for a long time and it isn't true. I have had 4 orders - one being with Bozard going back to August of 2020. They still have been unable to deliver the one order based on their allocation (2-dr Black Diamond non-Sasquatch). In the meantime, I have 2 Broncos parked in my driveway. The largest number of Broncos sold this year by any dealership around the country is Granger Auto. They delivered over 700 Broncos (my order with them was 742) just this year. Bozard hasn't done that if you count every single Bronco since launch. They haven't delivered even 300 combined over the past 3 model years. With regards to the largest volume Ford dealer (all vehicles) that goes to Bill Brown Ford in Livonia (Detroit), MI. They have the nation's highest allocation. I received my first Bronco from them in which I had a VIN after 6 weeks with a brand new order.

Share this group

Quick Overview

Category
BRONCO CLUBS / GROUPS
Language
English (US)
Total members
Total events
Total views