Sponsored

Michigan Bronco Club

Members from the Mitten and the U.P.
Gr8Hortoni
My bronco finally came in…. And it’s an Automatic 🤬😡🤬

get to go talk to my salesman today about this…… I’m supposed to be happy, right?
Show full message
Gr8Hortoni
Gr8Hortoni
Who’s running a 2.3/10spd here, thoughts off road/towing/etc.

2dr BD build
VelocityBronco
VelocityBronco
IMO, remember, just my opinion, Auto is better for off-road than manual.
Gr8Hortoni
Gr8Hortoni
@VelocityBronco in a lot of cases you’re not wrong, manual has always been my personal preference (I shift 18 gears all day long), I like to control my power band. It does have trail turn and trail control, so there are pluses and minuses. I personally appreciate the millennial theft deterrent transmission 😂. Met with him and we’re discussing the options to make it right this afternoon. He’s been a friend for a while now (also 2.3/7spd guy himself, so he gets it) and an awesome salesman. This will make vehicle #3 from him, so I know he’s gonna do what he can to try and get it right.
VelocityBronco
VelocityBronco
I think 2.3/10spd is a solid combo.
Reactions: Gr8Hortoni
Gr8Hortoni
Gr8Hortoni
@VelocityBronco I was very happy with it in my ranger, just curious how the bronco guys felt about it. I’ll be pulling about 3k with my sxs on a trailer, most I’ll be hauling with it.
ScoutandBronco
ScoutandBronco
I test drove both and honestly preferred the auto with 2.3. Felt like a better pairing for the motor.
Gr8Hortoni
Gr8Hortoni
Welp, the profile picture should tell this story. lol 🤷🏼‍♂️
GPPBronco
GPPBronco
I have a 2.3/10spd 2 door base non-sas. I added 33” M/Ts the day I picked it up. Has been great to drive and the powertrain/drivetrain seem to handle it very well on-road and in mild off-roading. I’ve been really impressed what can be done with open diffs and a decent set of tires.

I wanted my wife to be able to drive this thing for fun and a manual is a nonstarter for her. I begrudgingly ordered the auto and now I’m glad I did. It’s smooth, finds the right gear and stays there without hunting. Plus, trail turn assist is helpful on sandy/loose trails with tight spots. Like in the northern Michigan woods where I wheel.
Reactions: Gr8Hortoni
Gr8Hortoni
Gr8Hortoni
@GPPBronco my wife enjoys a manual almost as much as I do, so that wasn’t an issue here. She liked it quite a bit on our test drive today so it’s not the worst thing in the world.

I’m looking forward to trying out the TTA, I be gotten into some pretty tight spots and had to multi point turn, I’m interested to see how well it works.

Share this group

Quick Overview

Category
BRONCO CLUBS / GROUPS
Language
English (US)
Total members
Total events
Total views