Sponsored

Michigan Bronco Club

Members from the Mitten and the U.P.
Trustable
Keep changing my mind....
I keep going BD->BB->BD->BB->BD and 2.3->2.7->2.3->2.7
I think ive settled on BD 2.7 for now, anyone else going back and forth?
Show full message
Reactions: Mattwings
Mattwings
Mattwings
Yep, it’s a seemingly big jump to Vinyl seats and rubber floor when you price out BB mid w/locker. I don’t like the steelies, so once you add the aluminum wheels, its just not as good a value. But I like the looks and I would like the floor. 2.3 vs. 2.7 is a dilemma too. I am guessing the 2.3 will be good and better off road. I have a 2.7 now and love it. It will be a fun ride on the street and leaves tons of tuning for more power. Hmmmm?
Reactions: Trustable
Trustable
Trustable
I imagine the floor will be a life saver for cleaning out slush and salt, a lot easier to rinse it out than pick it out of carpet. Do you think the 2.7 is worth the almost 2k charge? Ive really only had experience driving na 2.0 or turbo'd 2.0. So I really have no idea on how much more power there is besides seeing the numbers.
Gr8Hortoni
Gr8Hortoni
I’ve been back n forth for months, finally settled (for now) on a BD 2.3/7 spd. Best bang for the buck, still room for improvement.
Mattwings
Mattwings
If I didn’t live in metro Detroit I would probably be even more into the 2.3, because I could option the 7sp. I just didn’t like my last manual in stop and go as a daily driver here.
Gr8Hortoni
Gr8Hortoni
If you want it bad enough you’ll make it work. Lol. Hell, I drive an 18 spd 12 hours a day already. 7 speed is like a vacation.
Mattwings
Mattwings
Yeah, I get that, but the final consideration is ice cream cones. Much easier to eat ice cream cones with an auto :)
Gr8Hortoni
Gr8Hortoni
I. Can’t. Even.
gamma_j
gamma_j
I keep going through BB, BD, and BL. Not so excited about that BL price tag when I'm done. BB and BD have most everything I want/need. I'm struggling with the soft top vs. the MIC grey hard top. I'd really like a black painted top but don't want to wait. I think I'm fine with either engine so that isn't as much of a factor for me.
Mattwings
Mattwings
If I could get the BD with cloth seats (and verify the rubber floor has similar sound deadening to the BB w/mid) I would be done and under my price target. I should probably just bite the bullet go BB, 2.7 rear locker and ditch the stock BB tires and go with a nice 275/70/17 AT and mod from there over time. My guess is for the first 60k miles it will take me anywhere I want to go. Once it’s paid for and has some miles, I am more likely to do more hardcore wheeling. Then I start thinking about the mods and realize the SQ package is a great deal and likely will cost about the same, but be better engineered and integrated than going to the aftermarket. Just need to see how tall it is. I don’t want to end up with no rack and or not fitting in the garage. I plan on keeping the Bronco for a long time, so garage is a big priority!

Share this group

Quick Overview

Category
BRONCO CLUBS / GROUPS
Language
English (US)
Total members
Total events
Total views