Sponsored

Windrock Broncos

Broncos that are running Windrock Off-Road Adventure Park TN
Alan_TN
@Valhalla It was good seeing you and your lady on the trail Saturday! After we got over that drop you warned me about, I let the skinny pedal go a few times and the exit of that trail was a ton of fun. The guy riding with me was new to offroad, the grab handles got used quite a bit! :)
Show full message
865Bronco
Tennessee Broncos meet is 3/23 also at Windrock
Show full message
Valhalla
Ladies run on March 23rd? There is another ladies run up there then. The copperhead crawl is that weekend too. Thoughts?
Show full message
Valhalla
View previous comments…
Valhalla
Valhalla
I just watch youtube videos and map.
Reactions: Mlarv
BuiltByTrav
BuiltByTrav
I like the idea. I know I did the radar base run and it was a little bit long as far as distance traveled averaging 8-11 mph.
Valhalla
Valhalla
sway bar disco and 19 mph!! lol most of the gas roads get boring and monotonous if you don't deviate... I think some light moderate would be okay.
Valhalla
Valhalla
Had a bear of a time making this video
Show full message
Mlarv
Mlarv
I was hoping to see when you took a bath over the hood. Nice work I have to figure out how to put the videos together I have.
Valhalla
Valhalla
That will be in,the last video, I haven't had time to do those, it'll be easier since I don't have multiple videos to stitch together, some did not want to convert making it harder to do.
BuiltByTrav
I made it around the park and lemme tell you I won’t be doing it without doors again haha! Gonna take some serious elbow grease to clean this interior. Loved the park, can’t wait to join yall next time out. 47 miles of trail (way too much for my liking but oh well) mostly getting to and from the Radar base and running G9 and got to run humpback on the way back. Overall so fun. Next run I’d love to poke at 26. Last pic is funny because the doors are squeaky clean and I had to put them on to drive back to Knoxville.

side note: I had a bad squeak coming from the rear before, a little krytox putting everything back on and it’s now silent.

another side note: the head of customer experience (namely off-rodeo) I ran into by the radar base. He moved to Knoxville last week! Got his number and he seemed very chill.
Show full message

Attachments

Reactions: 615_Bronco
Mlarv
Mlarv
You might get away with no top there, but if you like the interior doors are a must.
IMG_6197.JPG
vrtical
vrtical
no doors at Windrock yikes might as well just drive it into a lake to clean it after :)
BuiltByTrav
BuiltByTrav
Won’t be making that mistake again lol. I’m from Memphis so we’d usually go Superlift in Arkansas and it was only muddy if it had rained in the 3 days prior. Windrock will be attacked in full top and doors next time.
Valhalla
So, whose gonna go on the groundhawg run on the 3rd???? looks like awesome weather!!
GHD.gif
Show full message
View previous comments…
BuiltByTrav
BuiltByTrav
Hey, bronco folks! I was planning on going out there for the first time tomorrow (I'm in Knoxville for the weekend for work) but I'm not sure if I should tag along or not. I've got rock crawling experience from when my parents had an old rubicon. I've got a '23 Wildtrak, so my only concern is no fuel tank plate yet. If y'all think it might be sketchier, could someone advise on a somewhat mild-moderate route for a first time windrock visitor?

Side note: I plan on moving to Knoxville so I'll be around.
vrtical
vrtical
@BuiltByTrav come on out, I dont think we will be in stuff that requires the gas tank plate, heck I dont think most have hit that, its just the oil pan / trans / transfer case that needs one.
BuiltByTrav
BuiltByTrav
@vrtical I'm not even positive what all is covered stock on a wildtrak w/ capable bumper. I ordered a 'full' set of OEM Badlands skids but has not come in yet. I heard the badlands OEM ones are solid for the money so I got a full set for 550.
vrtical
vrtical
@BuiltByTrav yeah I would wait until you have all of it. you can run with us next time. TN Broncos are doing a Windrock outing on SAT, MAR 23 AT 10 AM. Then there will be some stuff for Super Cell East In April.
Valhalla
Valhalla
I live on my gastank skidplate, I run 37s on a 2 door BL. Get the skids will be safer. Feel free to come meet up. If you have onx I can build you a route tonight if I have time.
BuiltByTrav
BuiltByTrav
@Valhalla @vrtical Thanks for the advice you both! I am on OnX if you get the time that'd be amazing. If I get out there early enough, I'll come say hello.
865Bronco
865Bronco
@BuiltByTrav Come on and join up this morning we’d be glad to have ya
BuiltByTrav
BuiltByTrav
Rah I’m just getting out of northshore area now, I’d be a little late.
Valhalla
schedule:
unnamed.jpg
unnamed.jpg
Show full message
Valhalla
So we want a ride with Panther rock being the center piece? also is 1/20 better or 2/3 for a groundhogs day run? how many hours are we wanting in the woods?
Show full message
vrtical
Windrock trail updates in detail. These will show up in the Windrock app as an update. I would also get a new printed map next time at the store.

1704213796499.png
Show full message
Valhalla
The run is on the event page.... here it is as well. I set it starting at 9 this time so the sun will be up.
20231128_233712.jpg
Show full message
View previous comments…
vrtical
vrtical
26 has two obstacles that are a challenge but 33s have done it with good spotting
vrtical
vrtical
Btw I am putting collars on and it's clicking my ass on the fronts lol
Reactions: 865Bronco
Valhalla
Valhalla
@vrtical I was curious why? are you going larger tires? maybe wider? Do they make rockmonster wheels for that? You need those and this!!!
interco 2023-12-02 140424.png
vrtical
vrtical
@Valhalla so I don't blow the flares off again. I finished it netted me 2" in the front and 5/8 in the rear and it's completely level now no nose rake.
865Bronco
865Bronco
Hate to say I paid a shop to put mine on. Didn’t seem it would be fun in the garage floor. Well worth the couple hours labor and they can safely compress the spring and I don’t risk shooting a spring through the side of my head🤣
Valhalla
What do you guys think of shooting for a Yuletide run on the 23rd of December?
Show full message
vrtical
1000003057.png

It's finally raining here haven't had any rain since Memorial Day weekend
Show full message
BigCatISU
Anyone heading to Windrock this weekend? Going up with a couple buddies in SxS and thought it might be good to meet up with some other Broncos.
Show full message
Valhalla
I put a date up for a September run.
Show full message
Reactions: builtMIbronco
View previous comments…
Valhalla
Valhalla
I'll have to see what I can swing. I have several weekends that are a no go for me.
Valhalla
Valhalla
I can't the 14th.
Mlarv
Mlarv
@vrtical the 14th I will be on a New to Off roading trip to Hurricane Creek. The East TN Bronco group in FB is going to meet up. I figure this might get more folks interested in doing some real trails.
vrtical
vrtical
@Mlarv I am most likely going plus the bon fire that night.
Mlarv
Mlarv
@vrtical I live about two hours away so no Bon Fire. I will be heading to MD the next week so I will need to get some of the work done around my place before I leave.
Mlarv
@Valhalla The 10/28 event to Windrocks. I will be just getting back from MD so I am a No.
Show full message
Valhalla
WR 17-11 H-L.jpg
Show full message

Attachments

Gonzo
Supposed to be wet and rainy this weekend > anyone interested in an impromptu trip tomorrow or Saturday?
Show full message
Mlarv
Mlarv
See I am working this weekend. Or I would be
vrtical
vrtical
@Gonzo FYI the blue ridge bronco group is running this saturday at Windrock :) Looks like a 10am start time at the general store.
Reactions: Gonzo
Valhalla
Valhalla
Wish I could!!
Tricky Mike
4 more days til I head that way! Who's up for a Windrock run on July 8th?
Show full message
vrtical
Aug 5th Event. I am out of town so I cannot attend.

1688653031459.png
Show full message
Valhalla
vrtical
Mlarv
Mlarv
Well it is getting closer to the 20th. I will not be able to attend this run, because I am heading to the TX Bronco Roadeo on Wednesday, and don't want to take a chance I break something on the Bronco. June I am in for a run, if the timing is right I might bring my wife to see how much fun (work) it is.
Valhalla
Valhalla
I got some time in windrock on the first of June. Me and a buddy of mine did 49 miles of trail. I'll try to post the pictures tonight on a ride thread.
vrtical
I will be at Windrock all day Thursday 4/20 with the BroncoDriver outing.
Show full message
Reactions: clcook1
Valhalla
Valhalla
sad I wasn't there
Valhalla
Valhalla
pictures? I suppose rutted side leans? what trails???
vrtical
vrtical
@Valhalla I was half way up 2 just slid off an off camber and sent the left nose the other way. Nothing bad but needed 1" of tire offest on the Braptor to ovoid this
865Bronco
Bottom of Windrock Trail 27 on 04/07/23

please forgive the terrible YouTube non copyright music🤣
Show full message

Share this group

Quick Overview

Category
BRONCO CLUBS / GROUPS
Language
English (US)
Total members
Total events