First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru WRX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
'21 OBX [Lux, Sas, MIC] - Finally has gotten warm enough where I have started to pop the top off of my Bronco. The first time I had my 15 year old daughter help me with the back part, which for me I believe it really does require 2 people. Driving around with the top off in my opinion is GREAT!!! In the drivers seat, I can wear and cap without feeling like it is going to fly off and I can hear the music and talk with other passengers well. Additionally, my 70 lb. dog loves it in the second row with the top off. FYI - My first accessory was the Carhartt seat covers which so far have been great protecting the leather seats.

The only bad thing about removing the top was that I need another person, and can't always find someone when I want them. Then a couple weeks back a friend of mine, who owns two Jeep Wrangler Rubicons (one is the 2021 392), asked me if I wanted the Top Lift he ordered, but never used since he bought an electric winch that is mounted to the ceiling of his garage. The only stipulation, I had to pick it up and assemble it.

One day after picking it up, it was fully assembled and tested. So now I can pop the top without any additional assistance in well under 10 minutes taking my sweet time. Only down side is that it does take up room in the garage, which I do not have much of. And although it was designed so you can pull your Wrangler into it while it holds the top over the hood, that does not work on my Sasquatch Bronco because the crank goes a little too low.

These pictures are not the best but thought I would through them out there for reference. Will try to post better ones later.

IMG_5050.jpg

IMG_5051.jpg

IMG_5045.jpg

67062365824__566C10AA-E857-4F76-828B-A0F5439B5D07.jpg
Sponsored

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

How stable is that setup wheeling it back into the garage over concrete lips etc with the top on it.

I wouldnt pay full price for one as I can be topless in a few minutes with the wife helping take the cap off, but I saw one on craigslist for $350 and almost bit the bullet.

OP
OP

SpruceMoose

Outer Banks
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru WRX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
How stable is that setup wheeling it back into the garage over concrete lips etc with the top on it.

I wouldnt pay full price for one as I can be topless in a few minutes with the wife helping take the cap off, but I saw one on craigslist for $350 and almost bit the bullet.
I was a little worried about that as well, which is one of the reasons, I move it a little slower when going over the lip of my garage and over some of the cracks in my driveway. I have used it 3 times so far and have not had any concerns of the top falling. Additionally it means I do not have to store it on the floor of my garage, which helps to free up some space. I was extremely lucky to get it from my buddy.

mbagne

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach-E GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I see that Top Lift now makes one specifically for the Bronco. Maybe it has been out for a while, but I just noticed it. A bit pricey at $1,200, but as I write this they have it on sale for $999.

Lazerus

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL. Land Rover Discovery Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
. Only down side is that it does take up room in the garage, which I do not have much of
I don't know what your garage set up is like so this may not apply. But I made a lift for my JL 2 door's top for under $50. Two kayak hoists, a pair of 6" cleats and some 550 paracord. Takes 15/20 minutes to remove/replace solo & can park under the the top in either direction.

Sponsored

CjDuncan

Badlands
First Name
Cris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't know what your garage set up is like so this may not apply. But I made a lift for my JL 2 door's top for under $50. Two kayak hoists, a pair of 6" cleats and some 550 paracord. Takes 15/20 minutes to remove/replace solo & can park under the the top in either direction.
Interested. Pictures please? Thanks