First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Ranger XLT 4x4, 2018 Fusion Titanium AWD
Your Bronco Model
Base
this is one of the most painful how-to's to watch. 30 seconds in and I just can't do it anymore
Not to mention he doesnt know what the hell he's talking about. "1st gen Bronco takes 2 hrs to remove the top".... Ummm.. No. maybe 10-15 minutes at most. This kinda stuff annoys the hell out of me.
Sponsored

mC.242

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend 4dr (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Oh great, now we get this jerk showing off his financial status by not only having a MIC top, but TAKING IT OFF?!?

What's next, he loads it up with lumber and PVC just to show how rich he is?

Sheesh, the nerve of these 'influencers'...
Don't even get me started about how he put a full tank of premium fuel in the tank...😅

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My favorite part is when grandpa comes in with overalls on and checks out the top. Overalls for the win.

Please tell me the side windows on the MOD top aren't this complicated to remove. Otherwise, I'm going to be pissed.

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is normal. When he says “remove the top 3 bolts” he’s referring to the 3 bolts on ”top” of each side rail. Same exact place Jeep has 4 bolts on each side. The 4 door does not have any bolts up high. The 2 door does have 1 bolt up high in the cross beam to the top.

The bolts he’s removing in the pic below are the “top” bolts he’s referring to.

2B0C1D49-EB33-4C65-87C9-C913275B37E1.jpeg
u7bSJjR.png

Sponsored

etmccaus86

Base
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

This is normal. When he says “remove the top 3 bolts” he’s referring to the 3 bolts on ”top” of each side rail. Same exact place Jeep has 4 bolts on each side. The 4 door does not have any bolts up high. The 2 door does have 1 bolt up high in the cross beam to the top.

The bolts he’s removing in the pic below are the “top” bolts he’s referring to.

2B0C1D49-EB33-4C65-87C9-C913275B37E1.jpeg
Not sure if it meets your definition of "up high," but the owner's manual actually shows 4-doors *do* have another two bolts up top - and, unless I missed it in the manual, the 2-door does not.

This is in addition to the 3 (well, actually 4) bolts per side you highlighted in that BN video.

Ford Bronco Video - taking the MIC hard top off 1623123599827

Last edited:
OP
OP
Rubisquatch

Rubisquatch

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Not sure if it meets your definition of "up high," but the owner's manual actually shows 4-doors *do* have another two bolts up top - and, unless I missed it in the manual, the 2-door does not.

This is in addition to the 3 (well, actually 4) bolts per side you highlighted in that BN video.

Ford Bronco Video - taking the MIC hard top off 1623123599827
Yes, sorry, I know those are there. Jeep has 2 up top also. I thought the comment was for the inside bolts and there are no high bolts inside On the 4 door. Don’t know why people think this is hard, it’s essentially identical to Jeep, what were used to.

etmccaus86

Base
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yes, sorry, I know those are there. Jeep has 2 up top also. I thought the comment was for the inside bolts and there are no high bolts inside On the 4 door. Don’t know why people think this is hard, it’s essentially identical to Jeep, what were used to.
A fair point.

Another fair point: some of us aren't coming from Jeeps, or at least not later-model Wranglers with Freedom Tops, and have only been exposed to the shitty BN videos which didn't show (or even mention) those bolts, therefore the 'surprise.'

No one said it was 'hard,' just that prior videos didn't show the bolts - which is true.

Last edited:

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

What the hell there's bolts in the top rail?
Yeah, I didn't remember those being shown in the previous videos....but not surprised that's the case lol.

I thought it was 4 inside. Not a big deal really, but surprising it wasn't shown before (or if it was I just don't remember at all).

My favorite part is when grandpa comes in with overalls on and checks out the top. Overalls for the win.

Please tell me the side windows on the MOD top aren't this complicated to remove. Otherwise, I'm going to be pissed.
In the videos from months ago, it was a single button push that pops it out and then you pull it off:

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah, I didn't remember those being shown in the previous videos....but not surprised that's the case lol.

I thought it was 4 inside. Not a big deal really, but surprising it wasn't shown before (or if it was I just don't remember at all).

In the videos from months ago, it was a single button push that pops it out and then you pull it off:

AWESOME! Thank you! You are so cool you even started it at the correct point!

I wanted to add that every time I see the MOD top, I get all happy inside. It's worth the wait - hopefully!!

Sponsored

RhodeIslandRed

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
TD5 Defenders
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

jeesh. When you see this pile of clip-together plastic parts, it feels even more disappointing that this item is the biggest hangup in vehicle production.

Bullitt

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2001 Bullitt Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Totally happy with my decision to go with the soft top. I'll have the top off most of the year anyway and removing the soft top is a breeze! Plus, it's easier to store as well!
Sponsored