Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

What do ya think neighbor?

Oh I love it!!!!!! see my above post for starters. The other issue was they tried to roll my Price Protection into my Private Offer. After I explained to them how it was supposed to work the sales manager said he had to make a phone call. He came back and said "Ford only allows us to have one person in charge of the Price Protection and she is not here today". :cautious::(:mad:

I replied with "Say no more I will see you on Monday".
Sponsored

Butzy

Base
First Name
Butzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150 & bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Oh I love it!!!!!! see my above post for starters. The other issue was they tried to roll my Price Protection into my Private Offer. After I explained to them how it was supposed to work the sales manager said he had to make a phone call. He came back and said "Ford only allows us to have one person in charge of the Price Protection and she is not here today". :cautious::(:mad:

I replied with "Say no more I will see you on Monday".
Wow! So glad I didn't have these issues! This should be an exciting day for you and your dealership is shitting on your experience. How is the sales manager not the person in charge of price protection? I'm calling bullshit.

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

What does the dealership say about it? It's superficial but still a bummer.

They did not say anything Going back Monday to finish the deal, see above post.

I know it is superficial and could easily be covered by Line-X or similar but man what a bummer other than that the top is all 9's. seams are all smooth, same color, fit nice, just THAT. :(

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

There's a movement right now in north Idaho to open more <50" trails to get those guys off the Jeep trails. It would be a win for everyone, hopefully it can happen.
I own a 50 inch machine to use on these trails and putts around my place. Problem is few utvs these days are 50 inch. Most are not legal on those trails so they are thick on jeep roads, driving like loons ond tearing them up.

77BroncoTX

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F250 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What do you think makes it difficult for you? I'm going there next month w/my MT...did some trails here and felt really good...nothing like out there tho!
What do you think makes it difficult for you? I'm going there next month w/my MT...did some trails here and felt really good...nothing like out there tho!
when, approaching a fairly big ledge, with a steep incline, getting the front wheels on top, and then being smooth and subtle, getting the back wheels up over the same obstacle was difficult. This only happened on one obstacle out of many, and we made it up. But my wife’s Badlands Sasquatch automatic was way smoother going up the bigger obstacles.

Sponsored

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
when, approaching a fairly big ledge, with a steep incline, getting the front wheels on top, and then being smooth and subtle, getting the back wheels up over the same obstacle was difficult. This only happened on one obstacle out of many, and we made it up. But my wife’s Badlands Sasquatch automatic was way smoother going up the bigger obstacles.
More seat time you will get better at it! Mt gives ya alot more "feel". When I wheel an auto now I kinda feel like I'm just along for the ride really...the truck drives itself (or doesn't, seems i don't have much choice in the matter). At least w/MT i feel like i am doing something! Will be my 1st time in Moab tho, so I got alot of learning yet to do!

77BroncoTX

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F250 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
More seat time you will get better at it! Mt gives ya alot more "feel". When I wheel an auto now I kinda feel like I'm just along for the ride really...the truck drives itself (or doesn't, seems i don't have much choice in the matter). At least w/MT i feel like i am doing something! Will be my 1st time in Moab tho, so I got alot of learning yet to do!
Don’t get me wrong. I love my MT. And I am from Texas. Not used to climbing rocks. Although it’s my third time to Moab first time in a MT. More seat time is what I’m looking for.

jzweedyk

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Almost all serious rock crawlers and buggies have automatics. One of the ways you can use it to your advantage is left foot brake while giving it gas to climb a ledge. It keeps the suspension loaded and allows control of speed while keeping forward motion going. It took me a long time to learn that as I was always told do not left foot brake.

NORCALGXP

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Almost all serious rock crawlers and buggies have automatics. One of the ways you can use it to your advantage is left foot brake while giving it gas to climb a ledge. It keeps the suspension loaded and allows control of speed while keeping forward motion going. It took me a long time to learn that as I was always told do not left foot brake.
Excellent advise, I learned this technique years ago but not many people know how to do it. One way to do it is left foot on the brake, bring rpms up to about 1500 and maintain, release some pressure on the break peddle to move forward.

jzweedyk

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Exactly. While you can't do it for prolong periods of time, because you will overheat the transmission, it also helps going over a really bumpy short section controlling the body pitch/roll because it keeps the suspension loaded.

Sponsored

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

This technic will also help to not break the tie rods as bad in the Bronc as it does not shock the tie rod, especially when in full droop.

Lèòn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Aint warm enough yet, but screw it, flipback!
Ford Bronco Bronco Team 2 door. ED189C1C-A579-4176-B7F0-B56EC9F29AA0

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It was damn near 60 in the mountains of central PA today. Damn right flip back. If I would have been driving mine the panels would have been off for sure. ;)

NORCALGXP

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My two door in action.

Incredible wheeling Saterday in the sierra absolutely clear bright and sunny, the snow is so deep right now, we have not had a winter like this in some years and we needed it. This is the second time out on Eagle Lake, Fordyce trail in the last 40 days. I thought that this trip will be as cool as last time and the the terrain would be about the same, however was I wrong. All the snow we have had the last month change about three quarters of the trail to a whole new experience. The drop offs were deeper and and the climb out was steeper. Which meant much more three wheeling. We did not make it far as the right turn up Fordyce, which if you look at the photos of ssbronco he is up against a wall of ice and a drop off in front of the left side is about 10 to 12 inches deep. We called it a day no major damage, all good to go. Oh except Snacktime broke off his license plate. What fun this is for an older guy getting back into wheeling after a break. Shout out to Snacktime and ssbronco small but tight team, don't get any better.

Rock On, Snow On!

Ford Bronco Bronco Team 2 door. PXL_20230325_193658618

Ford Bronco Bronco Team 2 door. 20230325_122937
Ford Bronco Bronco Team 2 door. 20230325_102855
Ford Bronco Bronco Team 2 door. PXL_20230325_194257958
Sponsored