redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It's such a great feeling. Congratulations and enjoy!

Had to take a minute after I got off the phone with the dealer. Don't think I will be able to sleep much tonight. :LOL: It has been a long journey. Thanks @nwGTS 🍻

Ramble_Offroad

Badlands
First Name
Nels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 2D JK on 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

20230323_152345.jpg

Tackled Hell's Revenge today including the primitive and physically abusive proper exit (not the back-tracking and exit-where-you-entered full-retard route).

Was the only manual transmission on Hell's Revenge today and yea, it's more difficult and requires more attention and planning, unlike puberty.
Fun! I’ve only been through that trial once a few years back in my old Tacoma. Did you go up the Gate?

Sponsored

CarlSpackler

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Slightly off-topic question, but is there any demand at all for a 2-door MIC hardtop? Not the whole car, just the top. Tossing on a TrekTop as soon as I get my CG 7MT in a few weeks.

Does anyone buy these things as a back-up? Ideally I'd like to cover the cost of the Bestop with the sale of the MIC, but I know that won't happen. I'd be happy with 500 bucks but I don't think that will happen either. No idea what to do but I know I don't want to deal with storing this thing.

toddf125

Wildtrak
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Hummer H2, 07 Dodgeram 3500 SRW
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Slightly off-topic question, but is there any demand at all for a 2-door MIC hardtop? Not the whole car, just the top. Tossing on a TrekTop as soon as I get my CG 7MT in a few weeks.

Does anyone buy these things as a back-up? Ideally I'd like to cover the cost of the Bestop with the sale of the MIC, but I know that won't happen. I'd be happy with 500 bucks but I don't think that will happen either. No idea what to do but I know I don't want to deal with storing this thing.
IMO, I would keep it, I have a 2dr HT. My wife bought me a soft top not long after I got mine. I bought a hoist and it stays up and out of the way 7 months of the year. Of course it depends what part of the country you're in..... The ht is nicer in the winter here in the Northeast. Just something to consider also is resale value if you ever get rid of it!

Butzy

Base
First Name
Butzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150 & bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Slightly off-topic question, but is there any demand at all for a 2-door MIC hardtop? Not the whole car, just the top. Tossing on a TrekTop as soon as I

Someone would buy it for 500 for sure. Not because they're worth it but if one got damaged, it's cheaper than the soft top.

Sponsored

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Fun! I’ve only been through that trial once a few years back in my old Tacoma. Did you go up the Gate?
We were solo and on a Thursday a few weeks before Jeep Easter and @Tricky Dick event, the park was empty. Liiiiike I saw about 10 Jeeps and 1 Bronco in total, everything else was bikes and quads.

I'm a noob to this level of wheeling and the wife has no experience or desire to do this again, without a spotter we didn't want to do the four big obstacles solo.

To show how empty the park was:
Ford Bronco Bronco Team 2 door. 20230323_154908

Ford Bronco Bronco Team 2 door. 20230323_154404

Ramble_Offroad

Badlands
First Name
Nels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 2D JK on 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We were solo and on a Thursday a few weeks before Jeep Easter and @Tricky Dick event, the park was empty. Liiiiike I saw about 10 Jeeps and 1 Bronco in total, everything else was bikes and quads.

I'm a noob to this level of wheeling and the wife has no experience or desire to do this again, without a spotter we didn't want to do the four big obstacles solo.

To show how empty the park was:

Right on, good call. Having gone up the Gate once myself I can strongly recommend an experienced spotter. Stay way passenger or things will get spicy. Trust me. Looks like you guys picked a great day, it was a goat rodeo the day I was there.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've noticed side by sides are really taking over the places that used to be all Jeeps.

Ramble_Offroad

Badlands
First Name
Nels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 2D JK on 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've noticed side by sides are really taking over the places that used to be all Jeeps.
They’re like flies in Colorado. Lots of rental companies. Some have essentially choked a few local trails to the point that I avoid them completely now. Unfortunately I don’t subscribe to this culture, but I play nice.

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

They’re like flies in Colorado. Lots of rental companies. Some have essentially choked a few local trails to the point that I avoid them completely now. Unfortunately I don’t subscribe to this culture, but I play nice.
Friends of mine who have been off-roading on quads since back in the day when you could still buy the super dangerous 3-wheelers, described the problem with the side-by-sides as "they inspire too much confidence."

They are amazing machines, and if money were no object, I would love to have one just to play around on the sand dunes. But their ability to drive extremely fast in terrible terrain seems to encourage a few of the drivers to be very inconsiderate. And those assholes are ruining the reputation for the people who aren't being jerks.
Sponsored