Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Last weekend we did half the Mojave Road twice (first was a scout run for a large group we helped with) including a higher speed run than we would have normally done. Bronco handled with ease, better than our 4 door JL Rubicon did two years ago.

In other news, the wife wants to go to 35s now. :cool:

1683344952640.jpeg
How are your rock sliders working out? They're the ones from Metaltech, right?
Sponsored

old goat

Big Bend
First Name
Raul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Colorado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
2 Door Team what is up! I got my 2 door, iconic base baby about 2 months ago. I went for a base for the 2 most apparent reasons of availability and being able to change it to my liking. I have finally saved up enough to start some upgrades. Starting with the rims and tires. I am looking for any help/input I can get on what would be the best option for me. Has anyone added 37s to their 2-door base, if so what kind? Lift needed or not? I love the Sasquatch all-black rims so I am looking for something like that. I am just worried since I do have the 4 cylinders if I would need to do any additional mods.

I am open to any and all recommendations, really want to get all black rims asap
69722074781--25F73790-6507-44C3-8283-31550990EAC5.jpg
nice rig , AT or MT ?? , if you have 2.3 with 3.73 Diff I would not go over 35's . it will handle it but lots of un needed strain on motor and Diff plus trans.
JMHO , YMMV

I got my 2D BB 2.3 with the 4.27 Diff. and went with 33's and has the perfect stance for me and no noticeable strain on motor , with that 4.27 it will flat out move .

Sponsored

mlcinema

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Off Road
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Today’s addition was hanging a Lange ceiling hoist. Now my top top removal to rolling out the door is less than 10 min.

Ford Bronco Bronco Team 2 door. IMG_4950
How was the install process? What if your not the best handyman?

Cat

Wildtrak
First Name
Cat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MB500SL, HD Road King Custom
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Cat

Wildtrak
First Name
Cat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MB500SL, HD Road King Custom
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

HeliPilot

Badlands
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2.7L SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How was the install process? What if your not the best handyman?
Wasn't difficult. Instructions are pretty clear on how to mount to wall or ceiling, and proper spacing on the pulleys. Will need a stud finder if garage walls are drywalled like mine. Now, I just back under the lift, raise the top and drive off.

My install was pretty easy because I have a lifetime of power tools available to use. My top is unbolted in less than 2 minutes.

Fly

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Wasn't difficult. Instructions are pretty clear on how to mount to wall or ceiling, and proper spacing on the pulleys. Will need a stud finder if garage walls are drywalled like mine. Now, I just back under the lift, raise the top and drive off.

My install was pretty easy because I have a lifetime of power tools available to use. My top is unbolted in less than 2 minutes.
When you lift the hardtop as high as possible what is the distance between the hardtop and the ceiling?

Sponsored

HeliPilot

Badlands
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2.7L SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
When you lift the hardtop as high as possible what is the distance between the hardtop and the ceiling?
I'm guessing about 1ft. There are 3 crosby clamps on both cables. I run the top clamp all the way up to the ceiling mounted pulley. Mine are mounted to a 2x6, so 2" drop from the mount. Plus, each pulley is a couple inches long, so now I'm at a 4" drop. Plus the length of the doubled up cable, approx 4". Then there is the lifting frame itself which is another 3 or 4 inches.

Reactions: Fly

mikej

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Badlands, JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How are your rock sliders working out? They're the ones from Metaltech, right?
Good eye! They are indeed Metaltech. So far so good I’d say. We haven’t really tested them, but they haven’t budged in the slightest since our install. They work great as steps and the blend well, looking like they came with the Bronco.

mlcinema

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Off Road
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Great!