Kraig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F150, 2014 Focus, 1973 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Excellent! I'll be joining you next Dec. Hope to buy a cabin closer to Moab and spend a lot of time living the dream. I should have bought property in Moab back when I first started going there - now it's out of reach...

mjcutri

Heritage
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco HE
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

It was a long wait, but finally joined the club on 12/9.
Ford Bronco Bronco Team 2 door. 1000020351

jzweedyk

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Excellent! I'll be joining you next Dec. Hope to buy a cabin closer to Moab and spend a lot of time living the dream. I should have bought property in Moab back when I first started going there - now it's out of reach...
I was lucky, bought my house in 2020, and I thought it was too expensive then. Now it is crazy.

Arokcrwlr

Wildtrak
First Name
Kraig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F150, 2014 Focus, 1973 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I was lucky, bought my house in 2020, and I thought it was too expensive then. Now it is crazy.
Back in the early 90s, I had a friend who owned a really nice house built into a rock on the east side of town. It was beautiful, about 2500 Sq ft. He had to sell and if I remember correctly, it sold for under $300k - probably worth a couple mil today. Then they passed a law or ordinance preventing any more homes being built in rocks, making it all that more unique and valuable.

Also, if you remember Lower Helldorado trail, that land sold for really cheap. If only we had crystal balls...

Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Received mine Aug 3rd. Eruption Green Sasquatch Badlands. I love going topless. This Bronco is so much fun! Tons of room for the backseat pax.

We're so happy to hear that you are loving Charlie! Thank you for being a part of the Ford family. :)

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Retired and loving life. Work hard, save money, and then HAVE FUN.
Saving makes sense, but I'd recommend having fun early. The golden years thing is sketchy, I know too many people having health and other issues, they should have lived large having adventures earlier in life. In particular I'm so glad we spent earlier in life on trips around the world (on a reasonable budget), instead of waiting until I'm an old man.

jzweedyk

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Saving makes sense, but I'd recommend having fun early. The golden years thing is sketchy, I know too many people having health and other issues, they should have lived large having adventures earlier in life. In particular I'm so glad we spent earlier in life on trips around the world (on a reasonable budget), instead of waiting until I'm an old man.
I realized that I did not state the original comment correctly. I have had a tremendous amount of fun throughout my life. Travel, boats, motorcycles and fun vehicles. I also didn't save early in life, but I always worked hard, and did my best to make money to have fun. I was lucky to have good jobs which allowed me to save later in life to complete my goals. I do agree that some people scrimp all their life and then when they retire, they have a tough time spending and many times health issues get in the way. Make every moment count. My 2 cents.
Sponsored