First Name
Wasichu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond 4 Door 2.3 MT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I've done lots of winter camping (if I'm heading into the boonies I leave my teardrop and sleep in the Bronco, and my 100 lb Pittie/Mastiff provides lots of "heat"), and the best way I've found to bring less stuff and save my battery is to use my 3 candle Uco to heat my water in the morning for coffee, and then use my lightweight AeroPress XL to make a 16 oz cup of joe! You've already got the Uco and a pot, so you're almost there! You're obviously an extremely experienced winter camper, but we can all use some tips to make life a little easier, or better, or more fun! Stay safe out there!

IMG_0274.jpg

OP
OP
NorthShoreBronco

NorthShoreBronco

Badlands
First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Badlands 2D, 22 BD 4 Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've done lots of winter camping (if I'm heading into the boonies I leave my teardrop and sleep in the Bronco, and my 100 lb Pittie/Mastiff provides lots of "heat"), and the best way I've found to bring less stuff and save my battery is to use my 3 candle Uco to heat my water in the morning for coffee, and then use my lightweight AeroPress XL to make a 16 oz cup of joe! You've already got the Uco and a pot, so you're almost there! You're obviously an extremely experienced winter camper, but we can all use some tips to make life a little easier, or better, or more fun! Stay safe out there!

Ford Bronco Camping in a Blizzard (Video) IMG_0274
Oh nice! I never thought of using the UCO to heat the water. I just got it. Can it get water boiling? I know it doesn't need to boil for coffee but....

I could bring my insulated french press up there and make my two cups.... thanks for the Advice! I'll try it this weekend. Going out again!

Sponsored

Tacanta14

Black Diamond
First Name
Wasichu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond 4 Door 2.3 MT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Oh nice! I never thought of using the UCO to heat the water. I just got it. Can it get water boiling? I know it doesn't need to boil for coffee but....

I could bring my insulated french press up there and make my two cups.... thanks for the Advice! I'll try it this weekend. Going out again!
Best temp for coffee is 185, and the 3 candle Uco will get there with no problem; I've even done it with my 1 candle Uco, but it takes about 3X as long (which obviously makes sense, and it's a bit tippy). The only thing that I don't like about a French press is the cleanup; if you're only out for 1 night you can clean it at home, but with the AeroPress all you do is pop out the puck, then rinse with a little water (I have a technique that uses very little water and I drink the rinse water so I don't waste any, and since there's a paper filter, no grounds and less cholesterol)! Happy camping and stay safe out there!

Maine Explorer

Base
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Love winter camping.

Everyone always says "You're crazy, you like to cold" but that's not the case at all.

It's more like being a spaceman than enduring pain.

You just keep adding coats till you're warm. Just like how Southerners all act like I must be cold tough to take the cold... We're not extra weather-tough or cold-tolerant it just happens every year so we bought loads of coats and mittens over time. Just like people down south don't just bake in their house on a 100-degree day. Summer comes every year so they installed AC decades ago. Prep can make either tolerable.

It's really fun and you can enjoy it feeling warm with enough layers.

Then again, I hated camping in 100 degrees so I am heat weak even if I'm not cold tough

Also, it stays dark in the morning so the sun doesn't wake you

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
It's great to see all of you Bronco owners making the most out of this winter weather!
Sponsored