First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco, 1977 Bronco, 2023 T4R TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Here are my mods (so far) - a 2023 Bronco Wildtrak build, 1 year post delivery and after several adventures. Any of these upgrades are easy to find with a little research online, in this forum. For instance, almost all brands that I have or the equivalent options are all mentioned on this forum and all the sponsor web sites.

Pics underneath were shot while it was on the lift at muffler shop the other day - showing some hits from the most recent trail - the rest are various shots past few months.

4WP rear lower control arms
4WP adjustable rear track bar
Powerstop brake pads and rotors
4WP front UCA
Rough Country 1” level kit
Ikon tie rods (for Hoss 3.0)
0.5” positive wheel offset to tuck wheels in tighter
BFG KO2s on Method bead grip wheels
4WP wheel well trim after removing stock fender flares

aFe cat back exhaust - 3”, polymer coated
Roush muffler, polymer coated

Soundskins and dynamat sound deadening on everything interior possible
Custom speakers, DSP, amps and subwoofer
Louder PIAA horn

Twin ARB compressor mounted externally - tucked against body under rear seats in front of gas tank; 1 gal air tank mounted alongside; intake filters routed to inside vehicle

Locking center console
Add on storage in doors, center console and various Molle panels
Seven Sparta interior grab handles

Ceramic coated body and paint corrected
Protective Exoshield film on windshield
Side windows ceramic tint
Upgraded windshield wipers

Light bars - spots on roof and bumper (roof was Oracle fairing housed roofline clearance/spot combo - housing broke in 1st 1000 miles and was removed)
Diode Dynamics A pillar fogs
Rigid front bumper trail lights
FabFours front bumper with semi-hidden winch
Warn winch
AVS bug deflector/lighting
Oracle bi-oculus headlights and low profile taillights
Oracle mirror spot lights
Third brake light - spare tire ring

JCR rear bumper and rear aux Baja Designs floods/spot combo
Swing out spare tire and storage racks, fold down tables
Longer piston for wider swing gate opening (which the low-profile tail lights now allow for.

Underside armor including rear shock mounts, rear LCAs and gas tank - all of which have done a great job along with the Rockslide Engineering rocksliders/retractable steps.
PPE heavy duty transmission pan
ARB heavy duty rear differential cover plate
Pedal commander
JB4 Tune
Forscan fixes a including add Rock Crawl mode, adjust rear pods EQ, double honk etc.
NGK cold plugs
Oil catch can
Turbo BOV
CVF Intercooler
K&N air intake and filter
K&N cabin air filter

Auto stop wiring delete
Stubby radio antenna
DeeZee trail sight deletes

Stickerfab - visor warning label blackouts, upfitter switches labeled, fuse boxes labeled
Pigtails on battery for Anderson cable/jumper cable connect, Bluetooth battery monitor, Lithium battery jump box, trickle charger
Under seat H3Rfire extinguisher fire/Desert Does It bracket

Ford towing harness
Rough Country 6-way lighting controller relay box
Hooke removable mud flaps
All basic highway and off road gear & spares on-board for being mostly independent and able to help others out on the trail/anywhere.

Future mods:
DV8 rear storage/compressor box to relocate
Relocate/create an extension so 12 VAC outlet is accessible with rear seats down
Pedal Monster i Dash gauge
More USB charging ports
Front dash camera to record key trail runs
In-rear view mirror rear camera to see out back when towing or rear window blocked by gear on long trips.
Sound deaden and put a usable/secure storage container in swing gate vent cover (ie a box for zip ties, tape etc - something lightweight while still allowing for ventilation exchange)
Genesis dual battery set up
Hard-wire stock puddle/zone lights on mirrors to be switchable at any speed
Spicer rear drive shaft.
Metal wheel well liners.
Synergy adjustable rear UCA - for longer travel.
Oil cooler - Baxter/Mishimoto
Master power cutoff switch
aFe turbo cold and hot pipes
Injen air intake and piping
ARB pressure control kit
Curt trailer brake controller
Interior lighting upgrades (Mabett, DD)
Heater for windshield washer fluid
White noise backup alarm
GoatFab roof crossbar/stabilizer
Hard top (waiting for ADV Batch 1 shipment…..)
After hardtop: JCR roof rack, Rigid roof lighting for driving, cargo, camping; roofline chase/reverse lights
I have ADV replacement fenders, will sell and sell install KDB fender flares instead
RC or equivalent light switch panel for new lights (stock up fitter switches all used up).
ADV hood with air scoop for performance look and better cooling
Stinger headliner storage net
Relocate or re aim rear camera on offset spare tire to be on centerline
More underside armor especially tranny/cat converter which adds needed frame crossmember protection.
Dyno it, 0-60 road Dragy test and publish results here
Etc.

No brainers about this Bronco - the stock Wildtrak can do plenty as-is, per what I saw at 2 Off Roadeo events. But nothing I added has turned out to be overkill as far as pushing this particular truck hard on the road or the trails in TX, UT, CO so far. There was one day on a trail in Mason, TX that was too hard on the truck (and driver) unexpectedly - won’t do that again (ie true rock crawling meant for 37s-plus) - but the having the insurance of the armor and the extra power showed its worth.

Swapped out the stock Goodyear M/T tires and glad I did. Aired down to 15 psi, except in a lot of thick mud, the KO2’s do their job (and don’t kick up rocks like crazy).

Surprises - the truck, even with softop is not that noisy (I do business by phone on it all the time), and doesn’t leak in rain.
And there’s a lot of potential in that 2.7L: additional power through the drive train is easily unleashed with just a few simple upgrades. The truck is extremely capable as-is but becomes a beast and a speed demon with a little help without going Raptor.

Issues - lack of storage in cabin especially the useless back of seat pockets.
My bumper/skid plate/winch armor is blocking the ideal cooling needed for the Intercooler; the cooling mods mentioned above should make up for that.
Fender flares deleted means dirtier truck despite mud flaps and slightly tucked in wheels. Cue the KDBs I just ordered and will 3M wrap and install soon.
Minor interference between drive shaft and gas tank armor bracket - light grinding and the planned beefier but narrower Spicer driveshaft will eliminate this.

Leftovers - a storage space full of take-offs, duplicate parts ordered, alternate parts ordered, and never used parts. Just like after all my past projects (half dozen early Broncos, a couple of trucks). Some will go on toe 4Runner build I just started, and the rest are going to a swap meet in TX this Spring.

Ford Bronco Build progress - 2023 Wildtrak in Texas IMG_7055

IMG_7059.jpeg

IMG_7058.jpeg

IMG_7061.jpeg

IMG_7512.jpeg

IMG_7516.jpeg

IMG_7518.jpeg

IMG_7522.jpeg

IMG_7527.jpeg

IMG_7529.jpeg

IMG_7545.jpeg

IMG_7549.jpeg

IMG_7572.jpeg

IMG_7574.jpeg

IMG_7576.jpeg

IMG_7581.jpeg

IMG_7585.jpeg

IMG_7597.jpeg

71961300924__DB5D5BA4-1B8E-46D4-A051-7AF85B9A113F.jpeg

IMG_2919.jpeg

IMG_2941.jpeg

IMG_2995.jpeg

IMG_6869.jpeg

IMG_6928.jpeg

IMG_6940.jpeg

IMG_6983.jpeg

IMG_7029.jpeg

IMG_7046.jpeg

IMG_7047.jpeg
Sponsored

RobWTX

Wildtrak
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I do not envy you cleaning the mud off in those last 3 pics. But, it was probably fun getting dirty!

Notices you have a soft top, did the mud leave little discolored spots after you washed it? I am worried about that when I get muddy at the OHV park in Bridgeport.

OP
OP
B22-2023

B22-2023

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
No problems with my soft top staining, and it’s been dirty AF. Just hand hose it off the day after a run at drive thru car wash.

nolimits

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Explorer ST | 23 Challenger SP 1320
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No problems with my soft top staining, and it’s been dirty AF. Just hand hose it off the day after a run at drive thru car wash.
Impressive adds and list of future adds. 😎

LOL, be careful. It’s not hard to get banned from car washes, even if you feed the machine extra quarters and break down the mud and concrete when you’re done.

OP
OP
B22-2023

B22-2023

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Impressive adds and list of future adds. 😎

LOL, be careful. It’s not hard to get banned from car washes, even if you feed the machine extra quarters and break down the mud and concrete when you’re done.
No doubt, so I’ve always been careful about 2 things when washing dirty trucks: leaving a muddy mess and taking too much time that holds up the people waiting. Sometimes there is a helper standing around - who cleans up the bays - and I make sure he gets some cash in his pockets as well.

Sponsored

dadjoke

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Big Bend 4-Door 2.7 MIC Auto Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Genuine question - why the air tank?

great lookin ride

OP
OP
B22-2023

B22-2023

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Genuine question - why the air tank?

great lookin ride
It’s overkill. I bought it for the build, figured it’s good for air tools as in my other previous trucks, but now I just switched over to a cordless impact gun.

Tex

Wildtrak
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

dat winch bumper doe
1f6qgp8jxjd11.jpg

Aren't you worried about destroying that thimble stop on everything sticking out like that?
Yankum makes a fairlead that'll significantly increase your clearance while protecting your line, and give you the option of not having to use metal shackles or hooks either. You can even get rid of the steel thimble on the eye so there's no metal projectile at all on your line for added safety.

OP
OP
B22-2023

B22-2023

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
dat winch bumper doe
Ford Bronco Build progress - 2023 Wildtrak in Texas 1f6qgp8jxjd11

Aren't you worried about destroying that thimble stop on everything sticking out like that?
Yankum makes a fairlead that'll significantly increase your clearance while protecting your line, and give you the option of not having to use metal shackles or hooks either. You can even get rid of the steel thimble on the eye so there's no metal projectile at all on your line for added safety.
Yes it was dumb and I took it off. It was a last minute part I put on before a road trip because I never like the hook and rope setup right out of the Warn box. A later pic posted, included here from the other day, shows the low profile hardware found and I put on instead.

img_7512.jpeg

Tex

Wildtrak
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Right on. I'm still salty that I can't use the yankum fairlead on my hidden winch, or any fairlead other than their proprietary size :/

Sponsored

jcpyromechanic

Wildtrak
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco & 2006 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Sweet ride, I'd like to see about picking up some of the leftover parts. I'd like to get a mod bumper to replace my '22 Wildtrak plastic one before adding bash plates from Talons Garage. Please let me know when you plan on going to the swap meet this spring or if you'd like to meet sooner since I'm in Houston too.

OP
OP
B22-2023

B22-2023

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Sweet ride, I'd like to see about picking up some of the leftover parts. I'd like to get a mod bumper to replace my '22 Wildtrak plastic one before adding bash plates from Talons Garage. Please let me know when you plan on going to the swap meet this spring or if you'd like to meet sooner since I'm in Houston too.
It’s in storage south of Austin now. Very heavy.

Swap meet is at:
The 24th ANNUAL LEBC SPRING ROUNDUP is scheduled for
April 13-16,2023 in Mason TX

The bumper is

Message me separately if you want to do something.
It’s in storage south of Austin now. Very heavy.

Swap meet is at:
The 24th ANNUAL LEBC SPRING ROUNDUP is scheduled for
April 13-16,2023 in Mason TX

The bumper is

4 Wheel Parts Factory Bronco Front Bumper - # 61268W

Message me separately if you want to do something.
Sponsored