First Name
Hillary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Getting my new Outer Banks in a couple of weeks. I plan on doing a leveling 2in spacer lift, new 18x8 with +18 offset wheels and putting 35s on her. Do I need to have the crash bars removed? What else do I need to worry about? Do I need to get a Brake light extension? How about the back up camera post that goes through the spare tire? Do I need an extension for that? How about hub centric rings? Thanks so much!
Sponsored

OP
OP

Hill Jack

Outer Banks
First Name
Hillary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Getting my new Outer Banks in a couple of weeks. I plan on doing a leveling 2in spacer lift, new 18x8 with +18 offset wheels and putting 35s on her. Do I need to have the crash bars removed? What else do I need to worry about? Do I need to get a Brake light extension? How about the back up camera post that goes through the spare tire? Do I need an extension for that? How about hub centric rings? Thanks so much!

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4dr 7MT, '22 BSport OBX, '87 B-II XL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Probably on crash bars - they just unbolt, not a big deal.

You can probably get by without a brake light extension - my 35's fit without one, but it was a little bit of a squeeze. It does look better with one, if you can find one that can get you close without being too far off. I would hold off until you see how it mounts up.

Backup camera - you will probably be fine there. Again, I would hold off on that until you see how it mounts up.

Hub rings - depends on your new rims - your installer should be able to get you hooked up there. I haven't heard of anyone talking about needing them, but YMMV.

Two other things i can think off the top of my head -- the spare tire bumpers, make sure that gets addressed. And adjusting the headlights after you get the lift/tires on.

TRACKTOY

Badlands
First Name
ANDRÉ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 LARIAT CREW C. 3.5L ÉCO 2022+ BRONCO BL.2023
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

crash bars removed? = YES
Brake light extension?=YES
How about the back up camera post that goes through the spare tire? = NO PROBLEM
Do I need an extension for that?=NO
How about hub centric rings? DEPEND OFF HUB BORE FROM YOUR NEW WHEELS BRONCO IS 93.1 BORE YOU CAN USE HUB CENTRIC WHEELS IN PLASTIC OR ALUMINIUM ON AMAZON. YOUR CHOICE !
OTHER QUESTION SIR ?
TRACKTOY

OP
OP

Hill Jack

Outer Banks
First Name
Hillary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thx so much!! Do you know if getting a lift somewhere besides Ford voids the warranty? What about scheduled maintenance? If I do my oil changes somewhere besides ford, does that void warranty?? Thx again so much!!!