AXMRDR

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '02 F350 4WD Crew, couple of Harleys
Your Bronco Model
Base
I did a cursory search and didn't find a thread about soft top care. There may be one hidden somewhere but I didn't have much luck finding it.

What are good practices or products that will keep our soft tops healthy and looking good? Thanks.
Sponsored

OregonMike

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Fusion, 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

My local detail shop suggested Chemical Guys convertible top cleaner and a soft bristled brush. Wet the top down, spray the cleaner, gently agitate with the brush, rinse. I'm 5'7", so I had to get on a ladder. I did it in sections, looks pretty good.

OP
OP
AXMRDR

AXMRDR

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Thanks guys.
What about a 'weatherproofing' product? Is that needed once in a while?

Edit: I see Chemical bros has a protectant as well.

OregonMike

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Fusion, 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Thanks guys.
What about a 'weatherproofing' product? Is that needed once in a while?

Edit: I see Chemical bros has a protectant as well.
I've had mine since Nov '21 and I haven't used a protectant yet. I park it in my garage at home, so it probably doesn't get the exposure that outdoor parkers do. Looked practically brand-new when I cleaned it last, so I didn't figure I needed protectant. I probably ought to at some point just in case.

Sponsored
OP
OP
AXMRDR

AXMRDR

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Cool. I'm blessed to have a garage too. At times the pollen gets so bad around here that it colors everything yellow, even the side-streets.

Mine still looks new , I just want to keep it that way. Only had it a couple of weeks. Never had a convertible before, I really like it.

wjtinfwb

Black Diamond
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep GC, Excursion, Focus ST, Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I did a cursory search and didn't find a thread about soft top care. There may be one hidden somewhere but I didn't have much luck finding it.

What are good practices or products that will keep our soft tops healthy and looking good? Thanks.
Great question! There are some specific soft top cleaners out there, but I don't bother. I bought a long handle car wash brush with a very soft head and extending handle. Mix up a fresh batch of car wash suds (I use Meguiar's) and the top gets washed with the brush and plenty of clear water to rinse. I then do the wheels with the soapy water bucket I used for the top. Once top and wheels are clean, I'll dump that bucket of solution, rinse the bucket and mix up a new bucket full of the same car wash solution and do the body of the car. 1 year later the top looks great. I got the extending brush at Costco but they're available anywhere...

OregonMike

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Fusion, 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Cool. I'm blessed to have a garage too. At times the pollen gets so bad around here that it colors everything yellow, even the side-streets.
Same here.
Sponsored